captivate

captivate's Profile Comments

dsss guitars wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 8:59pm

Just Passin.................have you seen my thinline tele build yet? Post a wee comment on the end if you like......Just askin.......

TehFluffy wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 1:34am

TehFluffy wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 11:12pm :
captivate wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 at 12:40pm :I broke my bass amp while playing my acoustic through it. I wasn't even cranking it either. It was only about half way on my amp and full on my acoustic. Now when I play louder than say... 4 on my amp and then full on my bass, I get a crap load of crackling. It's not unusable, but it sounds like ass. A bass amp is only meant to handle lower frequencies. you're an idiot. ever heard of a fender bassman? maybe if you played a bass through an acoustic amp, but not the other way around. so shut up.
and you're right, might have been a bit of an asshole :P

TehFluffy wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 1:34am

captivate wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:25pm :
I wrote that in 2008. Also, I don't appreciate the hostility. Consider this an informal warning. Attitude like this isn't appreciated on UG.

Regards,
Captivate
Acoustic & Classical Forum Moderator

hahah i know i did see it was from 08, figured i might as well respond beings as it was the first time i read it.

you may not like my attitude, but i may not like your disinformation. and i wasn't aware you were a mod! shouldn't you know stuff like that then?

so tell me, how did you break a bass amp by playing acoustic through it? and why do tons of bass amps have high frequency horns if they are only meant to handle lower frequencies?

TehFluffy wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 5:12am

captivate wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 at 12:40pm :

Extra Ordinary wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 4:39am

Hey man. I notice you 're doing HTM at Rye High. What is that program like? From the outside, I don't hear too many things about it other than that its real easy compared to the other business streams.

dsss guitars wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 11:26pm

How you dooin?

AcousticHeart12 wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 8:38pm

unban me please :( i mean really

WtrPlyr wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 3:32pm

Hi Captivate

I made a survey that I want people to take, it's about researching if there's a market for a new business concept. I already made a thread in EG and GG&A (with Roc's permission, he even stickied it), but I also want to reach the people in A&CG too. Is it OK if I made a thread in A&CG?

metaldud536 wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 9:23pm

captivate wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 at 12:39pm :
I got kinda bored of TF2. :haha At the time I stopped playing, I would pubstomp 3:1 KDR. It got boring. That and people in our clan don't really play anymore, so that took a lot of fun out of it too. Might start up again though. Got a new desktop, although my wireless upstairs is still a bit slow at times. Been playing League of Legends mostly now. I'm pretty decent at it now. What about you?

I've been playing some games here and there. Just chilling most of my free summer time.

metaldud536 wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 4:56pm

Hey dude we haven't played TF2 in a loooong time. Wasssup?

XxLloydxX wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 5:24pm

captivate wrote on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 9:19pm :
any progress yet? XD

Yeah, the song isn't difficult at all. The problem is that I need to practice it!!! I have the speed, I just didn't practice it yet haha

But as soon as I learn well I'll record it. Do you want me to record only the guitar parts? Or the bass and drums too?

XxLloydxX wrote on Apr 26th, 2010 7:53pm

Hey, I just got my Macbook a few days ago, not at the time i expected but I finally have a computer that works :D
So I'll be learning this song. However it could take me a while because I'm playing in a battle of the bands in May and have to practice for that. But I'll try my best to learn that Fall of Troy song.

XxLloydxX wrote on Apr 7th, 2010 5:53am

captivate wrote on Apr 7th, 2010 at 1:55am :
Could you record it? That would be awesome.

Also, it's great to hear that you did well. I hate performing in auditions/exams. If I'm just performing for a crowd then whatever, but something about being strictly judged just throws me completely off.

Yeah sure, I'll have to learn it first, but I won't be able to record anything on this cpu 'cause it's not functioning properly. Next week I'll have my new computer which is a Macbook Pro!! So after that week I'll be recording :)

XxLloydxX wrote on Apr 6th, 2010 5:00pm

captivate wrote on Apr 5th, 2010 at 1:24pm :
Hope all's well with the audition. The song I want to request is Ex-Creations by The Fall of Troy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZWhy68Hd-U&feature =fvw It's pretty much one of the hardest songs I could find. Lots of tapping and shredding.

Just heard the song, I think I'll be able to learn it, it's not far from my technical ability :D
Do you want me to record it?

And the audition was great. Not sure if I did good or bad, I'm confident I did good though! I hope so, the results will be announced in a month...so yeah. Let's hope for the best :)

severed-metal wrote on Apr 2nd, 2010 11:20pm

captivate wrote on Apr 2nd, 2010 at 12:43pm :
hahaha. Actually, I was going to ban you, but I had to start working on my 100 pager again, so I asked him to do it since he wanted to ban rampage anyway.

Well wish fulfilled. I'm glad I could be a part of his twisted desire to induce mental illness..YOU SAW ME IN THERE MAN. LIFE'S SO MUCH BRIGHTER ON THE OUTSIDE :cry:

severed-metal wrote on Apr 2nd, 2010 4:44pm

Thanks for getting roambard13 to ban me...and then you unbanning me :p:

:cheers:

XxLloydxX wrote on Apr 1st, 2010 7:01pm

captivate wrote on Apr 1st, 2010 at 3:25pm :
I'm doing a Strategic Marketing Planning paper where I have to actually research and write a paper for a restaurant expansion.

And wow. Berklee? I'm sure you'll do fine in your auditions. Your playing's always good. Would you happen to take song requests? haha.

So you wrote 100 pages...o.o what the hell man, I hope it pays off, good work haha

Thanks I still have much to learn though :)
If I can recall correctly I think you already told me to learn a certain song, I can't remember what it was but I hadn't been able to do it because of school.
Now though, is totally different, I've finished school once and for all so request anything you want, but I won't be learning or recording until after my audition which will be the 5th of April...only 5 days to go

So yea I'm curious to what your request is xD

XxLloydxX wrote on Apr 1st, 2010 2:20am

captivate wrote on Mar 31st, 2010 at 2:00pm :
Not too much, lol. Just finishing up a 100 pager this week. you?

What's that 100 pager you talking about? xD daaammnnnnn, is it for college or something like that?

I'm practicing A LOT of guitar. I got an audition this Monday, I was selected as a finalist so now they audition and the best guys win a 100% FREE Scholarship for Berklee College of Music for 3 years. So yeah, I'm really nervous.

XxLloydxX wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 7:41pm

Heyy Elijah what you been up to?

MH400 wrote on Mar 28th, 2010 9:21am