bdof

bdof's Profile Comments

evening_crow wrote on Dec 16th, 2011 3:28am

bdof wrote on Dec 16th, 2011 at 7:39am :
Very rewarding. Gonna be my fini-flight in a few days (even though i'm not technically aircrew, lol) so it'll have been over 4.5 years of UAV.
A lot of it's boring, but the good stuff kicks ass. Not sure I'll ever have a more rewarding job for the rest of my life. Very hands on with protecting our guys overseas

Sounds pretty badass. I'm curious what they're like since i've never seen one. I kinda understand what you mean about the job being boring. I hate going in every day and staying extra hours or not getting a chance to eat but whenever i'm actually working it gets pretty exciting sometimes.

evening_crow wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 7:40pm

Hey man, what's working on the predators like? I work 16's here in Misawa.

Jackal58 wrote on Mar 20th, 2011 2:32pm

Awesome is a bit of a stretch.
:p
Thanks.

CannedBullets wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 2:23am

bdof wrote on Oct 31st, 2010 at 10:49pm :
You're mocking my job now.....this job isn't a game man. Most of what we do is overwatch our guys or another country's guys during raids, route scans for ied's and a bunch of other stuff I can't even mention. Sometimes we're the difference between brothers, fathers, sons, husbands, best friends, etc. (same for all women too) from coming home safe and coming home in a box. I'm not ripping into you, it's just the Call of Duty: Mondern Warfare jokes get a little carried away. Yeah, we kinda laugh it off, by if you were to take a survey, I'd say that deep down most of us are sick of hearing about it.

Yeah just joking man sorry. So you can actually control a UAV halfway across the world?

CannedBullets wrote on Nov 1st, 2010 5:24am

bdof wrote on Oct 31st, 2010 at 6:15pm :
I can neither confirm nor deny that I have But I'm a Mission Intellegence Coordinator for the MQ-1 (Predator) which is a UAV.

So do you always have to send it out when someone gets a 3 kill streak?

CannedBullets wrote on Oct 31st, 2010 7:23pm

bdof wrote on Oct 31st, 2010 at 12:26am :
I see you and I like several of the same bands

Looks like we do. So, you're in the Air Force, have you ever killed a terrorist? j/k

What do you do there anyways?

Thrill-house wrote on Oct 22nd, 2010 9:42am

bdof wrote on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 3:33am :
No offense taken about reporting my "blog" but where's a more appropriate place to write an experience on the site you had at a concert that you wanted to share with other people?
Hmm, I guess either just a blog on your profile or in a thread but end it with some questions or something, that way it looks like you're trying to promote a discussion.

Grimriffer wrote on May 15th, 2010 6:37pm

Well, that's one hell of a guitar) Melt faces and stay metal

Grimriffer wrote on May 13th, 2010 11:08am

Who did that custom guitar?

direngrey680 wrote on Jun 30th, 2009 1:28am

bdof wrote on Jun 9th, 2009 at 10:54pm :
Small girl that doesn't like getting crushed in moshes? That's odd

lol...very "odd"

Shinozoku wrote on Jun 18th, 2009 1:31am

bdof wrote on Jun 17th, 2009 at 5:17pm :

By the way, I noticed the EQ you posted in that comment to me and our EQ's are pretty damn simalar. Long live Mid-Heavy Metal Brother!!!!
I always tell everyone I love too much midrange :D Alexi Laiho and Michael Romeo (on Paradise Lost) ave some of my favorite guitar tones I've ever heard.

Shinozoku wrote on Jun 17th, 2009 9:54pm

And I EQ my amp how I feel it sosunds best that day, but tend to stay in the parameters of having my SL+ with the bass between 12:00-1:00, mids rarely ever go below 1:00, and sometimes go up to 3:00, and my treble goes from 1:00-3:00 or higher (I don't use the bright switch on my gain modules). My Ultra XL has similar EQ ranges, but I normally put the bass a little lower. Gain knobs stay between 11:00 and 1:00. I also keep the presence and density on my power section around noon or thereabouts. My clean channel sees the widest variation in EQ though. Sometimes I'll have the bass and treble at 2:00 with mids at 11:00, and the gain as low as possible (I keep the channel volume maxed and use the gain knob as a volume control). But currently the gain resides at 3:00 on that module, with the level lower. Bass is around 11-11:30, treble just over 3:00, and I dimed the mids, then nudged it just back from the highest point.

Shinozoku wrote on Jun 17th, 2009 9:52pm

bdof wrote on Jun 16th, 2009 at 11:02pm :

Hey, you were the one that commented on my 2x12 thread. I have a few Q's about the Vader 2x12. Like for instance, I can see your gear, but how do you have it EQ'd to get it to sound the way you described it. If it's close to mine then it sounds like a cab to consider to mix with my 2x15. Hope to hear back from ya, thx
Actually, I listened to samples of the speakers in my cab and your cab on eminence's website. Mine is the Legend v128, and yours is the Legend 1518. Just listen to those clips and get an idea of the speakers. They will blend well due to similar cabinet construction, but the combination of the different speaker tones and sizes, as well as the different cab sizes should add extra depth to your sound.