bass wizard

bass wizard's Profile Comments

gitarrengene wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 5:35pm

hey man Thanx for letting me know about my "Abnormal" Tab. I realized after I transcribed it, that the intro was incorrect but I have it changed on my backup, just never corrected file uploaded here :)

mdc wrote on Jul 11th, 2009 3:17pm

bass wizard wrote on Jul 10th, 2009 at 8:01pm :
Haven't got a scooby doo Probably learn some songs to help my technique vocab grow bigger

You should be (I'm sure you are) well proud of yourself buddy! How did the ear tests go? I remember you saying you were wary of those.

With grade 8 under your belt you could enter for a teachers exam or something.

mdc wrote on Jul 9th, 2009 2:04pm

bass wizard wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 9:04pm :
I rang them up to get my results early and they said I passed with merit

Oh nice one dude! What are you planning to do now that you've got it?

mdc wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 9:43am

bass wizard wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 at 3:54pm :
Hey mdc, long time no chat you done your Grade 8 exam? I just did mine this morning lol

No not yet. How did it go? All the best and hope you pass!

mattant250 wrote on May 24th, 2009 2:11pm

bass wizard wrote on May 7th, 2009 at 9:05pm :

i go to redhill and live right by the bonded warehouse near the ring road, you?

I'm at Hagley, live near Corbett Hospital, in Amblecote, never thought anyone from Stourbridge would be on here lol

sock_demon wrote on Apr 14th, 2009 2:32pm

Godly avatar is godly.

michal23 wrote on Apr 5th, 2009 6:38pm

Hi, I just realised that I've listed the Holy Grail - I actually have the Holy Grail Plus >_<

The HGP is, however, amazing. It only costs 20 - 30 more than a standard HG, but it's most definitely worth it. It sounds far better, you can choose the blend between wet and dry and you can set the amount of reverb. Oh, and you have four modes to choose from, instead of three.

This is THE reverb pedal, for me haha. After this, anything more expensive is just better in minor details. If you do go for the standard HG, it's one hell of a bitch to find in the UK.

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 6:18pm

bass wizard wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:19am :

Should I know you from somewhere or some forum?

Quite possibly- I think I've seen you around the forums. I usually meet a lot of people there :)

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on Mar 18th, 2009 6:59pm

Cheers new friend! :cheers:
Nice to meet you

slayaplaya wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 4:28pm

bass wizard wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 12:19pm :

yeah, he can play shed loads of different instruments.

and craploads of different genres!

He's my biggest inspiration!

slayaplaya wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 3:44pm

bass wizard wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 10:33am :

Lol, yeah I know its a bit random but I couldn't think of anything else. You like teh Big B?

more than anything else!!!!

I love the man, he's a genious!

slayaplaya wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 2:28pm

Padmasana indeed!

mdc wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 2:46pm

bass wizard wrote on Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:03pm :

Hey mdc, hows the grades stuff going? All ready for the exam yet? I should be doing mine in the summer! =D

I've got it all down but I dunno ya know? It's not the playing side of things that I'm worried about, it's the music reading.

mdc wrote on Jan 27th, 2009 12:20pm

bass wizard wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 8:01am :

Okay, you can sit in the exam throughout.... he'll ask you if you want to do ur pieces first or your tech. stuff. Then you'll go through all the exam and all of that in the order you chose(you can choose the order of your pieces) then its over and you have to wait for the results to come through the post(about 1-2 weeks). At grade however you have to arrive 30 minutes early to get your quick study piece. Now, dont do what I did and forget how it goes because once you've heard it once you on your own with just the backing track and notation infront of you..... I'd also suggest with starting the actual exam with the quick study piece so its fresh in your head...... Hope that helps!!!

Thanx man, yeah I'll definately do the QSP first.

Did u see the new series of skins last week? That's some ker-razy shit! It was never like that when I went to school lol!

mdc wrote on Jan 21st, 2009 9:26pm

bass wizard wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 at 7:51pm :

Yup, and the arpeggios aren't that hard either..... thank god!!! lol, I don't know why i'm complaining about it being to easy

Lol! How did u get on with Grade 6? What's it like taking an exam, do you have to stand up or can you sit lol! Reason being is cuz some of my solo's have some stretchy parts in them! Well, just Bonzo.

mdc wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 12:34pm

bass wizard wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 8:16pm :

No it's for the chordal study and I cant remember what chords were in grade 6 sorry, I chuked the book out ages ago!

Yeah they're pretty easy to play lol. They're just all jazz chords ent they.

mdc wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 11:56am

bass wizard wrote on Jan 6th, 2009 at 5:42pm :
Have you had a look at those chords aswell, I swear the chords in grade 6 where harder!!!

Is that for the chord and rhythm recall section? What were the chords in grade 6? I've never done any RS grades before lol! I've just jumped right in at the deep end!

michal23 wrote on Jan 11th, 2009 4:12pm

Wah is fantastic, a bit crackly on the clean channel, but I only ever need it with distortion so that's no problem! Added you to the good traders thread :cheers:

mdc wrote on Jan 6th, 2009 12:28pm

bass wizard wrote on Jan 2nd, 2009 at 10:16pm :

dude is it me or is the sweeping study incredibly slow? i'm really curious because at grade at i'd expect it to be quicker.

You're probably just good at sweeping fast. Just had a quick look at it.

Tempo: 85 in 4/4
Sweep 6's and tap for crotchet, then do it in reverse except the lowest note on the descending sweep is a crotchet.

Seems a pretty moderate speed. I think they're just looking for the canditate to demonstrate that they can sweep at a decent (moderate) speed under complete "control".

The fact thay you're in control and clean is what they want to see. Just cuz it's grade 8 doesn't necessarily mean "shred" speed for everything.

Haggis. wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 3:13pm

bass wizard wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 at 3:03pm :
are you actually Tom_Hatton?

1 2 read next