azn_guitarist25

azn_guitarist25's Profile Comments

hugh20 wrote on Jun 2nd, 2010 5:59pm

'Roooarrrrrrrr arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *insert some more unbearable attempts at a clean vocal displayed by the great Hugh20* roaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhh '

Well, hello there... I feel insulted and chuffed :p:

rosebaby wrote on May 16th, 2010 4:46pm

Hello my dearest,
Hope you are doing just fine over there.My name is rose.I just want to let you know that l come accross your profile and your e-mail adderss from site here and after going through it l found you intresting,hope you don't mind.If you are intrested in knowing more about me and for me to send you my picture,just feel free to contact me at my private mail addresse at(rose_mandi@ymail.com)Hope to hear from you soon,have a nice day and stay blessed.
rose

please contact me with this email(rose_mandi@ymail.com)thanks.

Faded Grey wrote on May 3rd, 2010 4:14pm

FAG

Gimme your Fireball, bitch.

[VictorinoX] wrote on Jan 21st, 2010 5:58pm

Spread the word, chief. I've been perma-banned for the Warwick-phallus thread.

lmihay wrote on Jan 19th, 2010 7:10am

Thanks for labeling me as a pedobear. lol It would be a funny shoop thread though. I may post it tomorrow. I look like a major creeper.

Vlasco wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 1:34am

Dude, that Squier in your profile pic is so sweet.

Fiddlin Man wrote on Oct 23rd, 2009 1:05am

dude i love your setup. Engl and ESP \m/

Guitar2theface wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 2:34pm

Hot damn, I love your sig hahaha, I just saw that topic too.

InanezGuitars44 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 12:38pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 31st, 2009 at 9:35am :
Don't tempt me man But nah i'd rather keep the Fireball as well for lead tones and 5150 for brutal chugging.

haha. honestly dude, id almost be willing to trade the 5150 plus some cash for the fireball. im really liking m 5150s tone at the moment, but ive always wanted a fireball hahaha

InanezGuitars44 wrote on Jul 29th, 2009 9:25pm

ill trade my 5150 for your fireball :)

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 5:51pm

Do this to Mamosa:

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 5:50pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 5:45pm :
Nah I can do my own mods currently planning on picking up a cheap SX strat and making it fretless though the only thing that i'm concerned about is applying the epoxy finish over it to get that extremely glossy finish and apparently it takes years to master so that's going to be a headache.
it will be shit scary making the neck 'cos if I stuff up well that's alot of money for nothing.

You need fine grit sandpaper, a radius tool, a fine attention to detail and lots and lots of patience to make epoxy come out the right way. Fretless guitars are loads of fun - I think more people should have them around.

And making a neck is the same way. So long as you take your time, measure carefully, and pay attention to what you´re doing then it should come out reasonably well. So long as you really read up on how to do it before hand.

Then you´ll make your own observations along the way and you will do better the next time.

mamosa wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 5:43pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:15am :
That is quite sad get white then blush :P

I'll try to lose my tan, which attracts women, so I can blush for you. Okay?

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 5:22pm

My last comment was too long so it is continued here:

I like to hyper analyze things. I have put serious thought into trying to make a business as a luthier. Check out the guitar I built if you want - it´s the blue Strat with the black pickguard. It has an Ibanez neck because I didn´t have the stuff to build a neck. But I made a custom truss rod cover for it with abalone inlays that I should take pictures of some time.

If I´m ever in Australia or you in Germany and you need some mods I can set you up hahah - just buy the parts. :cheers:

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 5:22pm

There was loads of careful careful thought that went into it - right down to the shape. I love the Carvin V220 over the Dean ML style X because the long offset wing hides behind your leg as you walk around so it doesn´t bump into crap like MLs and RRs do. Then the X shape is nice cause it can sit like a V or like a traditional guitar. I had the output jack installed at the factory on the outside of the wing instead of the inside so it doesn´t dig into my leg while sitting V style. I like the fact that the horn that is in front of my playing hand at upper frets is tiny and out of the way unlike the Dean ML which goes the other way.

The lower horn is nice to prop up on the inside of my leg while standing to get a perfect soloing height, and the way I placed my strap buttons hangs it perfectly for my rhythm playing when it isn´t propped.

mamosa wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 4:45pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 2:22am :
<3 awww you're making me blush

lol unfortunately I'm too tan to have a visible blush.

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 3:49pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:30pm :
Fark that is extremely modded. It sounds like a really good guitar especially your parallel/series/coil switch

I also forgot to say that I moved the strap button to a new location on the back of the horn near the neck joint instead of the tip of the horn. Also added an allenwrench holder because those are always nice to have. And a piece of rubber to a certain place on the back that holds it in place when I put it in a certain position that helps for fast solos.

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 3:42pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:30pm :

I´ve AB blind tested it against my Strats and people usually say the Carvin sounds way better. Coil split V220 sounds soooo nice. I can go from Fender Telecaster using the blade side single coil on the D Sonic to a Strat style sound with the pole side of the D sonic on single coil. Then of course the flesh ripping sound of the D Sonic on full unsplit Series. A cool vintage humbucker sound with parallel. Then if I select single coil on the bridge with both pickups and the phase switch on it has that ultra focused Brian May sound.

Most versatile guitar I have. Plus the vibrato has a blocker built in - I just turn a screw and it becomes a hardtail, unturn it and it is a vibrato. Also has a drop tune bar on it - you screw it down and it blocks the vibrato from pull ups and allows alternate tunings.

I really really love the guitar.

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 3:27pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:22pm :
Yeah mate just chuck up your demo on your UG profile, it'll be interesting to hear. And what mods did you get done to the V220?

I do my own modding work :D

I put the pickup switch in front of the neck pickup - Petrucci style but higher and less in the way. That was a pain because I had to rout a hole in the back for the switch to house in and buy an LP pickupswitch backplate to cover it and I could only get the plate in a full LP plastic set that cost $30. :(

New pickups with lots of options - phase switching, parallel/series/coil switch, kill switch, all that fun stuff. New pickup rings also.

All new internal electronics, new wires and pots. I don´t like Carvin pots, the mini pots really hold back the tone.

Then I installed the Kahler 7300 and the nut for it.

Then scalloped the fretboard.

Vlasco wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 2:48pm

azn_guitarist25 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 2:36pm :
ENGL - $1700aud
Framus - $800aud
Eclipse - $2300aud
RG550 - $700aud
Dellinger - $2500aud
G-Major - $500aud

That pretty much is my rig nowadays. Still have a wah and od to add in but I still haven't solved a few problems with placement of gear in my room.

Most of my stuff I bought in the US.

Mesa Mark III - 1000 US used
Carvin X100B - 350 US used
Carvin V220 new from factory plus tons of extra mods - 2,300 US
Line 6 POD X3L - 400 US lightly used
Boss NS-1 Noise Supressor - 100US
Keeley Modded DS-1 - 110 US

That is my main rig that I use mostly, but there is way more. Even more than is on my gear list because I am a gear whore.

Want me to send you a demo I made of my X100B when my computer gets here? It was a demo I made for someone who asked about how much gain it had, so it is metal oriented.

1 2 3 read next »