axemanchris

axemanchris's Profile Comments

oneblackened wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 10:35pm

Hey Chris, how do you like your k240s?

Non-Fiction wrote on May 31st, 2011 9:08am

Wow man, your posts on the "Best Music Colleges Berklee ACM?" thread was amazing..hell even inspiring in a way. It's got me pumped to work harder.

Thank you.

57tvjr wrote on May 12th, 2011 8:47pm

one sharp dude you are, man ...I'll be lurking around to see if any rubs off on me - if ya don't mind.

Keep at it - we need that cutting edge stuff all the time - and as you know, so do the kids.

peace

mrsixstrings12 wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 1:54am

hi there! you previously posted on a thread of mine about merch ideas and had a few questions that you seemed to want to elaborate on. So i answered them and would appreciate anymore input you have! Thank you for the advice!

Jmoarguitar wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 3:52am

Hey, you posted on my thread awhile ago about persuing teaching music, and i kinda forgot about it until now and read your post. Your post was very helpful to me and i appreciate it haha. I struggle with subjects like math and sciences, english i do fairly good at and I took gr 12 music this year(currently in grade 11) and got a 92, so it's evident i want somethin in music. I'm taking a co op class next year where i actually get the 2nd half of the day off to spend time with the music teacher, see how it all works and what it's like. thanks again!

DisarmGoliath wrote on Mar 4th, 2011 3:43am

axemanchris wrote on Mar 1st, 2011 at 11:56am :
Not familiar with that one specifically, but the name speaks for itself as a brand who offers good gear. I think the D12/D112 mics are really either a love 'em or don't love 'em kind of thing.

Yeah, I'd been lead to believe the M99 was mainly used on metal vocals, but I can see use for it on quite a few applications now - going to book it out for guitar tracking, just out of curiosity, to see how it sounds alongside my preferred choices.

D112 I've found good use for as a live drum mic, and obviously without having samples there, I tend to whack the high EQ knob up with it centred around 6-8kHz (when there's a 'pitchable EQ' on the desk!) to make the kick cut through in a metal band's set.

DisarmGoliath wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 2:47am

Dude, foud my new favourite go-to mic for kick I think: Beyerdynamic M99. Couldn't trial it side by side with a D6 but it blew a D112 out of the water! Gonna have samples up soon, but had to tell someone about this and thought you'd understand best here haha. Any ideas why the M99 is so uncommon in studios?

pandora_grunt wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 10:23am

Thanks for yet another quote. But i just saw it getting out of hand and I hate when that happens on Musician talk. In a topic I'm interested in anyway haha. Just a little pet peeve I guess ;)

Hell Kaiser Ryo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 9:48pm

You have pretty kickass recordings dude. ^_^ Very nice :3

TechnicolorType wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 10:43pm

Thanks for locking ;D (no sarcasm intended) was on my way to delete the thread.

Slash181 wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 6:36pm

axemanchris wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 5:30pm :
\hey man... going well. Holidays are surprisingly busy, but back to work in two weeks, and I have meetings in Toronto almost all next week. Summer is flying by!

You?

CT

Yeh not bad cheers, was in Crete couple of weeks ago playing around the island over there, only problem was that it was 118 degrees farenheit. but yeh summer has flown by, back to the old daily regime (Y)

steve

Slash181 wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 7:04pm

Yoooooooo wassup chris. hows things?

Steve

jimejames wrote on Jul 15th, 2010 10:25am

"crazy dream" is begging for lead guitar fills in the outro chorus

seemeel wrote on Jun 30th, 2010 2:21am

Hello Chris. So, how about (a) sending me something other some automated message about my banning or (b) unban me? Either would be appreciated. Thanks. I'm not trying to whinge or pick a fight, I would just like to understand why you did this.
Let me know,
Simon.

ibrahimasood wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 8:30pm

hey man, im stuck on an essay what is mechanical royalties?

jsantos wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 9:12pm

Hey long time no hear! Hope all is good for you last year and better in 2010.

lespaul1216 wrote on Feb 1st, 2010 12:26am

dude, you know you wanna unban me

bananahammock wrote on Dec 31st, 2009 11:32am

axemanchris wrote on Nov 1st, 2009 at 2:53am :
Sorry.... just read this now. I understand where you would get that impression. However, as I read through the plethora of posts in the forum of the banned, people get warnings for spam all the time. The thing is that these warnings are generally not publicised, so unless it is the person's second warning that results in a ban, they get warned and only that person and the mods know.

You'll also find that some forums are more strict than others. In general, the more serious the forum, the less leniency afforded. People get away with way more in the pit than they do in, say, classical guitar.... or Musician Talk.

CT
cheers for the comment, supoose it doesnt matter now im unbanned

RockGuitar92 wrote on Dec 4th, 2009 2:37am

You have the same guitar as me. Do you love yours like I love mine? lol

BushMasterFlex wrote on Nov 12th, 2009 3:45pm

axemanchris wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 4:28am :
1. Against UG rules.
2. Violation of copyright - see the copyright for dummies sticky for more info.

CT
just wondering... didnt want to sound bitchy or anything

1 2 3 4 read next