acdclandon

acdclandon's Profile Comments

mercymadzoud wrote on Apr 9th, 2011 12:11am

pls don't forget to contact direct with this my email (mercymadzoud@hotmail.com)!!!

Hello,
Greetings,i am miss mercy am looking for a friend for long term relationship,if you are serious and you are looking for the same i will appreciate to be your good friend, contact me directly with this email (mercymadzoud@hotmail.com ) so that i can give you my photos. Remember,age, colour or distance does not count for love. l hope that we can start from here.Thank you,mercy.

SGstriker wrote on Mar 13th, 2011 10:38am

If you have the spare time, do you think you could give my band a listen? We are Silver Bullet, and we’re a hard rock band with an 80s sort of feel, and some more modern influences as well. Here is the link to our UG Band Profile: http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/silverbullet/ Hopefully, you like us enough to leave us a comment, and if not, well, sorry for spamming your page! :)

shut_up_n00b wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 5:45am

Not sure if you still have the eq but I am interested.

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 10:21am

acdclandon wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 at 3:51am :
Thanks for your comment on "Take It Away", I appreciate it a lot.
No problem. It was good. I take it you wrote that and sang it too?

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 11:00pm

acdclandon wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:43am :
Hope you don't mind me asking but what speakers does your avatar cab have? I was thinking V30 and G12H30?

G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80....and I don't mind you asking at all.

Riffdex wrote on May 2nd, 2010 8:55pm

oh i just realized u freidn requested me because I never look at that when im on UG (: so now I added ya >.<

Riffdex wrote on Apr 9th, 2010 5:07am

Is "Throne" an original? When I heard it I was pretty impressed. I think it could use a little work, but it has potential in my books (I have very high standards by the way). Personally I'd like the song a little more if you layered a few more instruments over it. It just seems a little plain, but of course it could be mixed again to remedy this. Don't compromise your artistic vision if you don't feel the song needs any more instruments! :D

ShogunRonin wrote on Apr 6th, 2010 5:57pm

I like the guity song dude, love it when it all builds up

BanjoHero21 wrote on Feb 11th, 2010 4:39am

Landon likes poop on his chest

Broodjekaas91 wrote on Jan 21st, 2010 7:01pm

Whoa, when I first heard "Throne" I could have sworn that was James Hetfield from the past singing! (not a bad thing)

Keep up the good work!

Bostonrocks wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 9:24pm

I think they used 900s so :shrug:

here is my suggestion for a good classic rock tone.

use the clean channel, crank her up to about 6. 8 on the gain on the clean channel. treble at just a bit above 9 o'clock middle at about 3 o'clock (or just under) bass at about 2 o clock and presence at about 9:30

no boost it with a SD-1 volume full up gain at about 9 o clock and tone about about 9:45.

Bostonrocks wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 5:09pm

Yeah, that's where it is IMO. the clean channel cranked with the preamp gain at about 7 and the volume about 8.

Bostonrocks wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 2:16am

I like it a lot. I keep my bass on about 7 or 8 or it gets muddy. mid's way up high but the treble and presence I leave under noon. a EQ is a must with this amp. I have 6L6's in mine also. the clean channel is nice but I like it more as a crunch channel than clean it's got great OD to it.

Bostonrocks wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 12:18am

Got any good tips and tricks for the JCM900?

MatrixClaw wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 1:38am

acdclandon wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 6:35pm :
Haha, have you ever tried an ESP or LTD EX series?

Try that and tell me what you think of the neck, I have the 260 and it is pretty dam thin, but I love it.

The only Explorer type guitar I've ever tried was a Jackson Kelly. The neck felt too thin too me and the rest of the guitar was less than stellar lol.

I tend to either stick with SG shaped necks or just go completely flat with Ibanez LOL.

MatrixClaw wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 1:14am

acdclandon wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 6:11pm :
Thanks man, don't you just love that thin profile?

I like a little roundeness like on my strat, but I also love the way my explorer neck is too, really really thin.

Well thanks for you help man, I'm trying to look up info on 50's vs. 60's necks but I can't really find anything.

Yeah, that LP was built to shred, probably about as thin as my Carvin's neck, not overly flat like an Ibanez, just enough to feel like it has some substantial existence in your hand haha.

My Edwards and Washburn have almost identical necks, both of which are pretty much perfect for my hands, but I do enjoy me some thin necks if they're done right ;)

MatrixClaw wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 12:54am

acdclandon wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 5:50pm :
Do you know the specs for a 50's neck and 60's neck?

Sorry, I just played a 1960 reissue and absolutely loved the neck so I'm looking for a Les Paul with a similar one.

To be honest, I have no idea lol. I just found those specs on the internet.

I tried a LP Standard with a 60's neck Friday at GC and that thing was awesome. I'd say my Edwards is a little rounder, but it's definitely not like the boat necks I've seen on some Gibsons.

MatrixClaw wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 11:17pm

acdclandon wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 2:34pm :
Hey matrix, on your Edwards Les Paul, is it a 50's rounded neck or a slim tapered 60's neck?

Do you know?

Thanks so much man.

Close to a 50's neck:

43mm (1.6875"/1 11/16"), 305mm radius (12")

MatrixClaw wrote on Jul 4th, 2009 7:52am

acdclandon wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 12:01am :
Wow a JB, I'm assuming its Mahogany, so does that balance off the bright harshness I've heard about the JB?

Yeah I'd like to hear your opinion on them, I'm assuming that older foreign models are quite a bit better.

Of course it's Mahogany, it's a Les Paul! :P

I dunno, I REALLY like the JB, I hear a lot of people don't, but it's my favorite pickup I've used so far.

MatrixClaw wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 3:08am

acdclandon wrote on Jun 26th, 2009 at 4:27pm :
Yeah if you try a Chinese standard Epi LP let me know, they don't really seem all too worth the price, and the Customs are like the same thing with an extra 200 bucks tacked on.

What pups does yours have?

Yeah I'm just looking for something between my LTD Explorer and my strat.

The strat is cool but I need some more edge and whatnot, but I don't need a straight metal guitar either. Plus I just love the look of LP's.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, didn't realize I had another comment!

Yeah, the only place around here that I know of that sells Epiphone is Guitar Center, and I never go in there to try out Epiphones haha. I'll make sure to try one out the next time though, they usually have tons. Surprisingly, they only had like 4 Gibsons the last time, it was weird.

My Edwards has a JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck ;)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next