Z_cup_boy

Hey, what's up?

the chalky one wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 3:11pm

Hey, what's up?

craig-sansum wrote on Jul 15th, 2012 12:37am

D:

revtend wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 1:14pm

Hi Z_cup_boy, thanks for accept my request!
Cheers!!!

JamSessionFreak wrote on Jun 28th, 2011 4:47pm

So you caught me lurking have you? Well...I...I forgot where I saw your username actually. Hopefully not in one of the recent arguments, since there weren't exactly rare lately.

ninnipinni93 wrote on Jun 24th, 2011 6:14pm

Z_cup_boy wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 1:29am :
Hi there. Thanks for not being an overtly politically correct poster in that gang rape thread. I am sick of all the excuses westerners have for Islam.

:cheers:

dann_blood wrote on Jun 22nd, 2011 3:02pm

Not directly. Debunking economics, Economic Abundance, the Shock Doctrine and The Speech are all mainly critiques of capitalist economies, more specifically neo-classical economics or free markets and how the activities of the pro-business governments is harmful. Though they only look at those things loosely with a pretty wide variance for other topics. Light in the Tunnel looks at how unemployment is rising and will continue to rise as long as technology keeps advancing. The other one (again, you probably won't find it) is just basically a bunch of academic articles brought into one book.

unregistered_1285233 wrote on Jun 21st, 2011 5:40pm

Z_cup_boy wrote on Jun 21st, 2011 at 7:41pm :
yup! it was weird as FUCK.

I can't imagine what I would do in that situation :haha:

I suppose I could just follow your steps and make a thread :p:

unregistered_1285233 wrote on Jun 21st, 2011 2:21pm

:haha: Did you really see that? :p:
If so, that is the weirdest fuckin thing I've ever heard of :p

titsmcgee852 wrote on Jun 21st, 2011 6:11am

it has! hmm, not a lot. and you?

titsmcgee852 wrote on Jun 21st, 2011 4:25am

hello there

Seth Shadows wrote on Jun 19th, 2011 7:32pm

Z_cup_boy wrote on Jun 19th, 2011 at 6:10am :
you sure? I vaguely remember us having an argument lol. I am not going to get angry.

I was a mean, mean person for no reason xD
Sorry, I took my anger out on you, i dont know why..

dann_blood wrote on Jun 19th, 2011 7:03am

Ya, American culture is kind of fucked. The military culture, American exceptionalism, high levels of fundamental religion, belief in isolationism, economic "freedom" combined with protectionism, racism to the point of xenophobia... it's just a big mess, and the hardest part is that alot of people are so caught up in pushing their beliefs that they condition their kids with the same unquestioning faith. It doesn't even which political party's in power, the Republicans have basically devolved to McCarthyism. I think it was Gingrich recently who said to ban Muslims from running for congress like they did communists...

You better get that interview then. Then U R IN IT CROWD

Seth Shadows wrote on Jun 18th, 2011 10:54pm

Z_cup_boy wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 11:01am :
just saw your comment. So whats the deal? I hardly remember anything that may have happened a few years ago, but do share!

Naw, rather not xD

dann_blood wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 1:28pm

Sorry for the big posts =/

But then I guess it goes back to how fucked the US political system is. Both parties are rotten; particularly the Republicans, the economic "conservatism" they advocate is bullshit that's been empirically proven false, though simple maths could tell you that decreasing taxes and increasing military spending is stupid.

It's also really great you're getting considered for it. And if you don't get the job, whatever, study harder and stay persistent, apply for other positions. You're certainly bright enough to get a job.

As for the books, i'll try keep it short:
Debunking Economics - Steve Keen
Economic Abundance - Dugger & Peach
The Speech - Bernie Sanders (very interesting, guys a Democrat who did an 8 hour filibuster speech against corporate greed)
The Light in the Tunnel - Martin Ford
Business & the politics of Globalisation - edited by Curren & van Acker (this might be hard to find, it's an Australian book)
Stuff by Naomi Klein. The Shock Doctrine in particular

dann_blood wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 1:27pm

Ya, conservatives can be kind of silly.. AFAIK it's based in stuff by Hayek, Friedman, Modigliani & Miller, John Mills, etc, and all their stuff only works theoretically if certain assumptions are met, and their assumptions are stupidly unrealistic. I just really dislike the ideology because it's based on, imo, a flawed conception of rights, and it disregards pretty much everything we know about the social sciences.

I'm unsure about private enterprise... I think it's possible to control certain aspects of their behaviour, but that's mostly how they do business in a certain market. I've become very pessimistic about business behaviour after this semester, business activity tends to become a race to the bottom and it normally ends up with some form of human rights abuse. I think if Obama introduced a universal healthcare system then things would work out better; but unless there's enough pressure from society for insurance companies to stop being dicks, and even then they'd just conceal their bad activities.

dann_blood wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 8:02am

Bah, curse these comment length limits.

The main reasons are outsourcing production and services to developing countries (India and China alone account for 2 billion possible workers), advances in technology are getting rid of the need for highly skilled employees because the technology can do the job cheaper, and there's no real opportunity for advancing material wealth any further seeing as capitalism has already reached that equilibrium; hell, the whole reason for financial deregulation was to stave off economic stagnation, and it only delayed it 2-3 decades. I can recommend a few books if you'd like. :)

dann_blood wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 8:01am

I never get sick of breaks. During the uni semester I stop alot of my leisure activities, so then I catch up on them all during the breaks.
Ya, low-paying jobs are being used alot more. I think it's part of the push by consumers to lower their costs, so they go for lower-cost goods, and so those businesses are expanding and creating more low-paid jobs. But that's not really good at all as far as economic prosperity goes; wages are being pushed down across the board.
I think there are only two things which will really create higher employment in the long term - a strong economic boom including the development of new markets, and government intervention. Paradoxically nobody wants to invest in new markets because they're not guaranteed and they want government subsidies, but every other business is pressuring for special treatment now anyway so nothing really gets done. I don't think the capitalist model will work in the long-term without government intervention.

dann_blood wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 4:03am

Z_cup_boy wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 1:36pm :
Yeah I get short breaks but short terms too...only about 2-3 months depending on the term. Summer is 1 1/2 months ^^
I'm studying Computer Science! I R BIG NURD.
Haha no just crappy fast foody joints. However I did apply to be a computer lab aide at my school, which would really beperfect for my future career to get a good footing in what it's like working with computers professionally.

Ahh, I c I c. We just have semesters in a big chunk here, 13 weeks + 3 weeks for exams and 1-2 weeks mid-semester break.
Computer science =/ U R BIG NURD
Really though, sounds interesting :p
Ah, fasty foody joints. Well, work is work. US job market isn't that good atm =/ Still, good luck with getting the aide job! Hope be on your side!

dann_blood wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 3:11am

Z_cup_boy wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 12:50pm :
I iz good too. On break until July 11th, then I'll be starting my second year at college. Have applied at a bunch of places and am hoping I get hired!
until then I'm just going to browse the pits for teh lolz.

Ah, that's such a short break! I've got 6 weeks til the second semester this year, than 3 months break over summer. What you studying? What kind of job? Iz it gonna be a professional trolling job?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next