And here are my reasons: - Users, almost every single video has lots of idiotic comments bashing the person who made the video, usually there's alot of positive comments, but some people just bash away. It's mostly trolls and fanboys/fangirls who bashes people on their opinions, calling them gay, having no lives, being virgins etc. They are ruining the community.
- Some videos can't be viewed in my country, and it's probably the same for many many many other countries. You click a link to a video which is supposed to be good, then it's not available. It's not fun seeing people commenting on how good that video was, and you can't watch it yourself.
- Youtube has started deleting videos, covers, of people's videos. Someone on UG claimed to have had many profile views on his account, his videos were watched, but then he had a cover of some sort, and because of that cover the account and all the videos got deleted. It isn't that fun to hear about.
- Along with deleting videos, youtube has now also started silencing videos. This is also not good. It has happened many times, some record company complains on Youtube that their music is being featured without them having any kind of gain, if that is correct, they are actually telling people not to hear their music without actually paying to listen to it, AKA buying it. You click on a video and it's muted, not fun.
- Youtube jumped the shark when Google bought it. Features like being able to watch it in HD came, of course is acceptable, but the bigger the community, the bigger the amount of idiots are. The toplists consists mostly of videos that probably aren't that funny as they are claimed to be. The toplists of music consists more and more of pop music etc.
- I heard somewhere that Youtube is now considering making people pay to upload, I don't remember where I heard it, but this wouldn't be that good. This may not be the truth, but it will be a sad day if it actually it.
Youtube sucks today in the Community, in the videos, with the more copyrighted stuff, and that it's now owned by Google.
But why do I use it? Just like MSN, everyone uses it. It's the biggest, which means it's easier to find what you're looking for. It's easier to find a person who uses MSN than a person who uses.. Let's say AOL here in Sweden. Same for Youtube, many people use it, there's a bigger chance of a video being out there that you would enjoy.
One thing I like with the new Youtube is that there's now a "Recommended for you" section for the users, that's quite neat.
There are many other websites that host videos, like Daily Motion and Megavideo, but there are flaws there, too. Megavideo has the annoying timelimit and Daily Motion seems a bit slow to me sometimes.
These are just my opinions, don't hate on me for what I believe.
Well, just wait it out. If they start fucking around enough, people are going to get mad and leave.
This is bad for business, so they're most certainly NOT going to make you have to pay to upload. I mean, why settle for that shit when you can go to a different site and upload for free? Sure, it might take a little while longer, and there's not a lot of people on there; but given time, there will be a million different offspring of Youtube, each faster and easier to use than the last.
As for the muting thing, as soon as enough people get tired of that (Hell, look at the comments. No one likes muted songs, and if Youtube dosen't stop muting them people are going to leave. Simple economics.) they'll leave. And youtube does NOT want that. If enough people complain, it'll fix the problem. No programmer wants to have to listen to millions of people complaining about the damn muted videos.
Precisely. If you're going to delete videos with music in them, why not get rid of all of the gay AMV's out there? Also, speaking of the megavideo time limit, coincedentally I was watching a movie which used megavideo last night, and it stopped a character mid fucking sentence. So I had to wait 20 minutes, to finish the last 20 minutes of a movie.
Put one more reason: on 15 July all accounts will be changed, and the new design sucks balls.Youtube sucks for deleting and muting videos but there are other videos with music you can watch, from SPV, from BlankTV, from Nuclear Blast.And UMG doesn't mean: Universal Music Group, it means: Universal Money Group, all they want is money, they don't think about users that want to listen to music, they are thinking only about money.
There is more to this, people use voting scripts to rate down videos they don't like and they rate their own videos up. I checked the youtube sats on the some videos, one video had like 3000 1 star rating in the space of like 2 minutes. Now some might say that it's not big deal, but the lower the video is rated the lower is will show up in the search results.
Also, the flagging system is complete failure, here again perfectly normal videos that aren't offensive and don't go against the rules are marked as inappropriate content and if it gets flagged enough the video will be removed without anyone from youtube actually checking to see if the video was offensive.
It seems like everyday their policies go more and more against free speach
I agree with you on this, I also hate how they don't moderate their own site, they care more about stopping people expressing their opinions on contravertial topics than they do about stopping trolls/spammers etc. and they need to stop putting up a new design every other day. Then need to take a leaf out of Ug's book IMO.
aaciseric wrote on Jul 11th, 2009 at 10:23am : I agree with you on this, I also hate how they don't moderate their own site, they care more about stopping people expressing their opinions on contravertial topics than they do about stopping trolls/spammers etc. and they need to stop putting up a new design every other day. Then need to take a leaf out of Ug's book IMO.
youtube is the reason i am a misanthropist, like on alot of metal videos there is a raging debate on what genre it is and then people get shitty and it take away a bit form the video casue youtube is giant troll nowdays
I hate the haters on there, I posted an good cover of Brian May's "God Save The Queen" and I checked the comments the week after I uploaded it, and it had 9 comments full of hate, a rating of 1 star on average from 37 ratings, and it said 123 views.
I agree with 'No way back', it's not necessarily youtube that sucks, it's the people involved with it. We've all seen users who are complete n00bs, the one's who go around saying that the maker of the video 'has no life'. This i find amusing, as it's them who's sat at a computer writing negative comments to an anonymous person...And on the copyright issue, no one likes it. I'm sure if youtube could prevent it, they would but it's the music companies above that have the power, and seem to be throwing it around, to the despair and irritation of us all!