WhyLater

WhyLater's Profile Comments

coryklok wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 4:29am

Louisiana FTMFW! :)

jimm, ey? wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 5:51am

To your sig... Victor Lemonte Wooten

anarkee wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 8:51pm

lol...I should have read Fitz's comments first. Also realize I am really an old school bassist in many ways. :p

anarkee wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 8:50pm

WhyLater wrote on Feb 24th, 2009 at 12:31pm :

My dear Moddess, I'd like your opinion. I'm asking you and Fitz both directly because you're both superheroes, complete with capes.

I made a thread about my new Ashdown MAG 600, and how I'm trying to decide which cabs to go with it. Long story short, dialogue with a few of our more respectable fellow forumers led me to decide to consider getting an Avatar 410 and a Carvin 115.

What do you think about this? I've never heard either cab, so in the months it'll take for me to have the disposable income I'll have to try to test them out, but I'd like your opinion here.

Fitz is probably a better resource, but for my preference I'd go with the Avatar Cab. The avatars I've used have been cost-effective and nice as hell. I prefer the 410 configuration over the 112 myself.

thefitz wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 2:36am

I own a Mesa 212, and it handles 600W power ;)

thefitz wrote on Feb 24th, 2009 11:48pm

I'll ask YOU some questions:

Why Avatar/Carvin? Why not just Carvin all the way? Why deal with two shipping charges, plus the ugliness of having 2 different cab companies?

Have you ever considered 12's? I think they're the greatest bass speaker type in modern systems as far as standalone cabs are concerned. You can feign the qualities of a 410 + 115 with a 212 better than you could with any other single cab.

anarkee wrote on Jan 21st, 2009 1:04am

Where have you been young man?!?

anarkee wrote on Sep 30th, 2008 11:11pm

Your rotos are in the mail. They should be there by week's end.

Miss G wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 6:24am

WhyLater wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 2:30pm :

Yeah I'm not going to lie you're more convincing than these Elite-ists. Not to mention I don't have to order DR from overseas.

My old Slinkies are getting pretty weary anyway. I need to put them to rest. So, per your suggestion, I'm pretty sure the next time I buy strings, I'm gonna get those DRs. I don't know when that'll be, probably a few weeks from now, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Seeing as you like Slinkies I think you will love Lo Riders. I was skeptic when I got my first set because I thought (for some reason) they were jazz strings. So I expected them to be very mellow (like flats). They are really bright for a day or two which always makes me second guess if I like them or not but once it wears off a bit its love all over again lol.

Miss G wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 5:38am

I think you want to buy some DR strings.

the humanity wrote on Sep 24th, 2008 3:10am

ugh on the college. I know how you feel, I got 2 essays on my first class, I'm still recovering.

it's always great getting a band together. Dave Matthews, eh? sounds pretty fun.

the humanity wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 2:42pm

so, how's that big old major going then? anything new with the bass world?

the humanity wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 5:51am

ha. I'm your major. seriously, I could have sworn we were pals too.

Miss G wrote on Jun 20th, 2008 3:22pm

I am so sorry, I never realized that I didn't comment you back lol

I haven't played a genuine sterling but I played a HH stingray unplugged at guitar center and feel wise I prefer my SUB. Not quite as heavy but still heavy lol, the neck has a surprisingly smoother feeling maybe due to the painted neck or whatever. No sharp frets hanging off the sides like my fender. It packs just as much punch as the real thing. I don't baby it even though its my baby, the textured paint is impossible to scratch or dent. The pickguard was hideous so I picked up a pearloid and now it looks pretty classy. I love it. I put up a picture but you guys only get half my face, until im famous and then ill send out posters :)

jenniferus wrote on May 26th, 2008 10:15am

WhyLater wrote on May 25th, 2008 at 5:49pm :

SWEET, I have good taste. Compliment accepted. Thanks for the add, like your customs!

Thanks :)

skippy_moogoose wrote on May 20th, 2008 4:01pm

heya, thanks for being Fevered Egos only fan on here so far :)

checked out your music, pretty cool dude

O-52-A-50-R wrote on May 18th, 2008 4:42am

It definitely meets the qualifications of how it looks and I'll probably try it out some time this week. My only problem is that I'm about $70 short :(... Thanks for the help :)

O-52-A-50-R wrote on May 17th, 2008 10:24pm

Hey, what are your feelings on the Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass?
I ask because I was seriously thinking of getting a bass. It'll be my first one and although I don't know alot about the bass I have some playing experience (very little mind you). At first I thought it was just pretty :) but it was also in the FAQ in the Bass Forum. Here's a link:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Vinta ge-Modified--70s-Jazz-Bass-103726642-i1166457.gc

Thanks, :D

skippy_moogoose wrote on May 12th, 2008 8:36pm

Heya man

just for you, Ive created a band profile,. and yesterday we finsished our EP, so the tracks are all up, see what you think, feel free to give suggestions and critiscism

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/feveredegos/mus ic/