Ulalume

Ulalume's Profile Comments

calugarita wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 1:41pm

[img]http://img3.imagehyper.com/img.php?id=23179 81&c=ed98cf9de7ec76a23cd7e08c841ce94a[/img]

RAH7747 wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 4:46am

Well, yeah that one song which I didn't actually help much on, in the end. heh.. Anyway, glad you could complete it, at least a demo. I got all busy with my visa procedures and stuff, now that I'm in Germany. So, anyway, I'm doing ok with the electric now. It was kinda all noisy at first, but now it's a lot better. Still a long way to go before I can really start coming up with good lines and stuff. I need to improve a lot on the speed front and the alternate picking technique. But I'm improving nonetheless. :)
And about the collaboration, I'm not entirely sure about how much time I can dedicate towards it. My coll starts coming monday again, kinda entering the hectic part of the semester. So, I'll continue practicing meanwhile and see where it goes. If you have any special lessons that'll make practice interesting, do let me know..

And a happy new year to you! Keep it metal! :m:

RAH7747 wrote on Dec 30th, 2010 4:57am

Hey man.. Long time no see! I kinda left UG around 3-4 months ago, kinda got busy with a lot of things on my end and also lost interest in the metal forum here, sorta.. Anyway, how's it going? Did you complete that "project" on which we were working? A lot has changed since then.. For one, I have an electric guitar now! Heh.. Anyway, wish you a happy new year! We can still try collaborating, perhaps some time in the future.. :)

Burning_Angel wrote on Dec 5th, 2010 5:26am

Ulalume wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:16am :
For condenser mics you need some sort of external power. A preamp can do the job there (or a mixer if you really have money). The problem with recording is being able to get it into the computer. I have recorded with my SM57 dynamic mic into a Line 6 Toneport, though the volume levels are lacking. Irregardless of your guitar and amp (tube or not), when you record so much shit changes as it is processed through the mic. I've been recording for over a year now, and it is amazing how much I am still learning. There are cheap ways to go about getting some decent gear, though, if you'd like a list of things I use.

Yeah, I suppose a list would be good. I was thinking about going with an SM48 and then M-Audio Fasttrack or something but I dunno

Burning_Angel wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 3:01am

Ulalume wrote on Nov 24th, 2010 at 5:45am :
The one thing that sucks about buying recording gear, is that you usually need to buy multiple things to get proper sound. I have a SM57 and a decent condenser mic (I just bought the latter), but the pain is that I also had to buy a preamp to get any sound out of them, then I already have a Line 6 Toneport hardware interface lining into Reaper. Its kind of ridiculous, and looking at my recording area its a mess.If you don't already respect "at home" musicians, you will by the time you figure out how to do it yourself. haha.

Ha. Yeah, I've always had a lot of respect for home musicians.

That sounds frankly, rather ridiculous... Is a preamp for the mics pretty much essential, or can I mic my amp as I normally would with those/a good interface? Mine's a tube, so... :shrug:

Burning_Angel wrote on Nov 24th, 2010 6:04am

Ulalume wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 7:25am :
*response*
Ha. Since school has started, I've not written much lately... Just have a few ideas laying around scattered somewhere about my brain. :P But hopefully while on Fall Break/when Winter Break rolls around I can set those ideas into some form/expand on them.

And the recording gear... Well, hopefully, I'll get an SM48 for xmas, and a goodish interface. Otherwise, I'm just waiting till I can get a job sometime next semester or definitely summer to buy my music stuff. But I'm working on starting a project with a friend who has some recording gear/does record on his own, so, I'll try and keep you informed on that.

Thanks much for the kind words. Hopefully, the underground BM infamy comes to pass! And if you keep at it, I think you'll get an underground legend status yourself, albeit in the more neofolk/'dark' metal way. Like Agalloch, I suppose. : peace :

Burning_Angel wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 12:00am

Soooo, Ula, good ser. Been a while since I've spoken to/seen you. How ya been?

aaaaand, ever listen to Mono [japanese one]/do you like them?

vIsIbleNoIsE wrote on Jun 13th, 2010 2:26am

hey man, you should do more dark symphonic black metal stuff! i listened to the one song on your youtube page under Ethereal Morning Rise and it was great. the metal part was too noisy for my taste though.

RAH7747 wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 9:44pm

Ulalume wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 9:53pm :
Hey, sorry about my delayed response as well. I have had next to no time free because of work and school. I have to revisit your file because there was so much to it. From my memory, there were a few riffs I liked; but stylistically a lot of them did not work for me. Not that they were "bad", but just far from my playing style. I will get back to you, hopefully tonight, and see whats up.

Chris

Well, UG just had one of its moments I guess. I had already posted a reply to this, but I don't find it in your profile nor mine. Anyway, that file has a lot of riffs and pieces that sorta mark my transition into different genres of metal. So, it's obvious that many of them won't be apt for the present collaboration. I think some at the end of the file might fit the bill sorta. But you gotta tell me about that. ;)

RAH7747 wrote on Apr 9th, 2010 5:11pm

Hey, sorry again for the really delayed response.. But I could finally sit down properly with your song file and listen to it.
Onto the file immediately, I liked the riffs in C, D, and the last one quite a bit.. We can use those (that is, if you can play the last one at 220 bpm.. :p ).. I have never done this before (a collaboration through the net), so perhaps you can just choose some parts in those files I sent, and we can just put the riffs together and see where things go..

Cheers.. :)

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 27th, 2010 8:17am

Ulalume wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 7:44pm :
I just wanted to let you know I sent you a few riffs to your email, whenever you get the chance to check them out. Feel free to send some back as well.

Hey, I'm sorry for the delay.. After taking that examination, I had to sort out a few things and I was kinda swamped with work. So, I couldn't exactly bring myself to creating new riffs and stuff.. Anyway, I'll check out the riffs you sent and I'll send some of my older ones across asap. Cheers..

Wretched_Spawn wrote on Mar 26th, 2010 5:02pm

Hey.
It's been a while since I last got an update on the recording. I don't mean to sound pushy or anything but d'you have any idea when you'll have some tracks done by?

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 9:50am

Ha ha.. Yeah, I've done that many times before, i.e, commenting in one's own page. Sad part is that, here you can't remove it once submitted.

Anyway, I have no qualms whatsoever if you could perform that acoustic part better than me. I think it's pretty obvious that you can play a lot cleaner than I, ha ha.. I'll check your myspace page soon and get back to you regarding my comments on the song.

Cheers..

Ulalumea wrote on Mar 19th, 2010 7:31am

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 17th, 2010 at 2:13pm :
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I've actually stumbled upon some newer riffs lately. I've to just put them onto GP and send them over to you. However, I have my examination coming up on Monday and so, I think I can only transcribe them after that..

Hey, thats cool man. Take your time. Like I said before, its no big rush, almost more of a long term project; at least thats how it feels with work and school. Definitely send them over whenever you have the time. I still have to look at my stuff, I have had next to no time to myself over the past few days.

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 17th, 2010 8:13pm

Meanwhile, if you have any new riffs, do send them over. I might not comment on them as of now, but I can possibly think of some riffs to go along with yours. :)

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 10th, 2010 10:09pm

and damn me.. I meant 120 bpM in that previous comment.. tch tch..

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 10th, 2010 10:08pm

Ulalume wrote on Mar 11th, 2010 at 12:41am :
While I am here, I am wondering if you would be interested in collaborating on a song together? I know this is kind of out of the blue, but your relatively frequent contact back and forth with me and (quick) assistance with recording the guitar is just pressing me to ask. I think we both have similar ideas and could write a decent song together, then utilize both of our recording equipment and see how it turns out. Anyways, let me know.

Ha ha.. I was wondering when this would turn out into a collaboration.. :p

But I won't be 'free' as such for the next, say 1-2 weeks or so.. I got an examination coming up and I kinda need to go full flow for that. However, I can sorta give some suggestions here and there until then. As in, I won't be able to bring forth any new ideas by myself.. Nonetheless, I would enjoy working on a song or two.. If you have any riffs ready, throw them in and I'll surely join you in coming up with a new song..

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 8th, 2010 7:54pm

Check your inbox.. I've sent the re-recorded files.. I know that these are, for the most part, up to speed with 120 bps.. Nonetheless, I hope I haven't cut down on quality in doing so.. Let me know.. :)

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 7th, 2010 6:58pm

Ulalume wrote on Mar 7th, 2010 at 8:55am :
hey, thanks for taking the time to do the little recording there. If you want, you can send them to me at my e-mail: etherealmorningrise@yahoo.com

I can't really utilize them unless I actually have the regular file to implement into the real mix. Both files would be great so I can see which one works better. They sound pretty good, and I think with proper EQing and reverb I can make them come more to life as well.

Sure, I'll send them over right away.. I actually thought of putting it up on RS or mediafire, like I mentioned, but then I kinda got held up.. So, never got the time to upload. Anyway, I'll send them to your inbox itself..

RAH7747 wrote on Mar 6th, 2010 7:52pm

Ok then.. I've uploaded the parts.. two takes of the same thing. I really hate myself when it comes to recording. I lack composure.. But I guess I'll get over that with practice.. Anyway, let me know if you can do something with those files.. I'll post the RS or mediafire links in a while...

1 2 3 read next