Tombe

Tombe's Profile Comments

Raijouta wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 11:02am

Dude, you dropped off the face of the earth or something? Where you been?

toyboxmonster wrote on Mar 11th, 2010 9:31pm

I haven't seen you around the post-rock thread in forever. And I haven't read a new blog in ages!

jasonggabbott wrote on Oct 10th, 2009 12:13am

Beautiful guitar!

@#inyourface#@ wrote on Jun 13th, 2009 5:01am

Tombe wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 at 6:59pm :

RE slide guitar - it's not technically difficult to play, you just need to practice until you get the basics down. What's hard is knowing what to play, so my suggestion is just to listen to loads of slide guitar and see what you can pick up!

thanks a lot. i hope i can buy a slide soon so i can start learning. blues really interest me. its form is so flexible and different from other genres. thank you again!

@#inyourface#@ wrote on Jun 5th, 2009 3:53am

hello! is it difficult to play slide guitar? i have been interested in learning to and since i heard your mp3s, i guess i might as well ask you. :)

CoMeOnDiEyOUNg wrote on May 28th, 2009 8:03pm

Hello, just letting you know my first tab is up,

Mogwai - A Place For Parks.

Can you please rate it and let me know what you think of it.

CoMeOnDiEyOUNg wrote on May 28th, 2009 12:05pm

Hello, thanks for the friend request, you like good music. Quite similar to mine. Check out the band im in we play Post Rock you can see us on, www.myspace.com/tourdeforceband. No songs up yet though :(. But there is a couple of pictures up.

Thanks, Dale

Night_Lights wrote on May 17th, 2009 2:32am

hey, I like your taste in post rock, and your blog is amazing, keep it up! Oh, have you heard of the band Coaltar of the Deepers? they are my favorite band ever, think My Bloody Valentine influenced but with a lot of other genres thrown in. I think you'll enjoy them

necrosis1193 wrote on May 14th, 2009 2:10pm

Just out of curiosity, and correct me if I have this wrong, but from your blog I get the impression that you seem to hate modern blues musicians, or anyone who plays blues nowadays in general. I was wondering out of pure curiosity what exactly caused this dislike in you?

toyboxmonster wrote on Mar 6th, 2009 3:50am

HMm. I'm not sure. I plan on getting a Fuzz Factory to handle all the insane high-gain wall-of-sound kind of stuff, and I just recently began considering the Bad Monkey for the warmer, minimalist post-rock stuff I do. Then there's the Super Feedbacker *drool*. I just don't want to end up with moe than just one fuzzbox and one distortion/overdrive.

toyboxmonster wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 4:34am

Hey, I have a gear-related question for you. I've gotten myself a good delay, so my next purchase is going to be a distortion/overdrive. I've been considering the Rat II for a long time, but I also wanted to know how the Digitech Bad Monkey does with this kind of music. I realise there's a huge difference between the high-gain assault of the Rat and a warm tube overdrive, but I haven't really settled on asound yet, as far as overdrive/distortion is concerned.

necrosis1193 wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 1:07pm

Hey, I'm trying to pick up slide guitar, I was wondering if you had any tips from your acoustic project?

toyboxmonster wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 2:46am

Ooh. A friend. I'm not exactly sure what to do with those.

SlappyMcLardfat wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 4:37am

i saw you were looking into getting an analog delay in the post rock thread, and i can't help but recommend the artec se-adl or se-adl2. i own the former and have played the latter and they're both fantastic pedals that won't break the bank. they're only available on ebay but it's a great buy and totally worth it. i've messed around with a lot of analog delays from the 160 buck ibanez to the 20 buck behringer and i've stuck with the artec.

jasonggabbott wrote on Dec 29th, 2008 7:00pm

Thx for the invite. I know we will inspire each other.

Glory_Box wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 10:38pm

probably because iliketrains are pretty awesome :D you got their new ep? and congrats for finding people to play some post-rock with, they seem to be a rare breed. especially round here :(

j_hunter_hkr wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 12:15pm

You can also download it from iTunes NOW before the physical release. Ace!

j_hunter_hkr wrote on Oct 21st, 2008 4:51pm

Howdy. Incase you didn't know, new instrumental I Like Trains EP coming before the of the year:

And I'll be damned, we have rather similar taste in music!

papersun87 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 7:39pm

Dude, that Moondog is sweet.