Thefallofman

Thefallofman's Profile Comments

metalfan#3 wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 11:39pm

Well, you know, I have my sources around the forum.

Enjoy!

metalfan#3 wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 8:08pm

Happy Birthday Mike!

I got you a hippo: http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve /2249723/2/istockphoto_2249723_cute_pink_hippo.jpg

Enjoy.

weorge wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 3:27pm

lol, it dont matter really, i cant persuade my band to play it with me so its not like ill be outa key and noone knows it anyway so nobody will tell, although i waas trying out htis guitr in a hop and the shopkeaper was sittign their singing it so i strated playing along

weorge wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 2:02pm

i dunnpo i just looked at the chords, g c g d g d bem bem and a gain andi add random flicks in and stuff

weorge wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 2:00pm

yep cool u accepted, im buried in homework :< fucking college, i brought my guitar to school and they laughed ate bike, it is a pretty random song

weorge wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 10:01pm

kwl, syd barrett is genious, i learnt bike recently and now i wanna learn baby lemonade

weorge wrote on Sep 25th, 2008 8:27pm

have i speken to yu before bout syd barrett?

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 7:33pm

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 at 1:01pm :

Haha seriously? That was my plan too.

I decided I like germanium and silicon too much to just have one of them.
Yeah. I found a leaked copy of Marc Ford's new album (which actually comes out today, so now I can pick up a hard copy) and his fuzz tones just floored me. Every time I hear him play I'm like...NEED GERMANIUM FUZZ NAO!!! That just adds to the never-ending list of gear that I want.

*sigh*

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 5:56pm

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 at 12:20pm :

I got the Hartman a couple weeks ago, and it showed up in the mail yesterday. It's perfect!! Very little noise, and it nails all the silicon Fuzz Face tones I wanted. It's perfect with the volume knob on the guitar... it's awesome adjusting the volume during Time and switching from rhythm to lead.

Damn good fuzz.
Ah, so just silicon, eh? Glad you like it, fuzz is a great effect that you and I both should have invested in long before we did :p

I'm even thinking about going for an Analogman NKT275 Sunface to fix my Marc Ford urges. That man has some seriously good fuzz tones.

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 5:02pm

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:51pm :

You have impeccable taste, sir. I've just noticed that we seem to shift toward the same types of gear at the same times- the Muffs, Mistresses, analog delays, fuzzes and now semi-hollows! Haha.

By the way, you mentioned your Muff lacking sustain and having a ton of background noise a while back- since I got mine back from the shop, and especially now that I have my Hartman fuzz to compare noise to, I'm noticing the same problems. To get enough sustain I have to use my Bad Monkey, and sometimes a Dyna Comp and it's noisy as balls (even without the boost/comp). My fuzz is really, really quiet. It's crazy. I'm going to keep my Muff, but I'm finding myself using it less than before.
Well it's not that it lacks sustain, it's just very noisy. Of course I'm still going to keep it, but I like knowing that if it ever breaks/stops working, I can just go for a BYOC Ram's Head and be totally happy.

And when the hell did you get a Hartman fuzz? Details? :)

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 12:32am

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 7:18pm :

Hmmm... Yeah, true. Those are really nice.

But then I think about how much I love Telecaster necks.

It never ends!
You got that right :p So I have a bunch of money back home that I got for graduation that I intended on saving for college, well...turns out I don't really need cash here, so I'm just going to spend it all on gear. Maybe I'll get a Sheraton :)

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 9:12pm

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 3:55pm :

I didn't get the Gilmour trem, I just got the regular shortened Callaham arm. The Gilmour trem was actually a design from one of the guys on the Gilmour Gear Forum originally and it was too small. The other one's closer to Gilmour's size.

As for the guitar... yeah, I'd love an ES-335 but I love Tele necks even more. The humbuckers are nice because I don't really need another Fender single-coil guitar. The fact that the Fender is $700 and ES-335s are like $3500 is a big selling point for me too, hahaha.
Don't forget, there are a lot of great alternatives to the Gibsons at a fraction of the price. You don't even have to go to unknown/luthier/whatever builders...the Epiphone Sheraton plays very nicely and is around $600.

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 6:40pm

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:37pm :

By the way Matt, I'm having a huge inner debate over whether to get one of these:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender- 72-Classic-Telecaster-Thinline-Electric-Guitar?sku =510474

It's killing me... it looks like everything I want in my second guitar. I love Tele necks, want a guitar with humbuckers and I've been dying for a semi-hollow. And I'd need something to play when I'm getting the Strat set-up. Dammit, this is what happens when I have money. :haha
If you have the money, then go for it. It sounds like that's exactly what you're looking for. If it were me, I'd get a standard Tele and save the humbucker/semi-hollow for some sort of ES-335, but that's probably just my inner Rich Robinson obsession talking :)

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 6:28pm

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:01pm :

Thanks! Yeah, I was hoping you'd found a way to get around their ancient ordering techniques, haha.

I think there's another website that sells Callaham. I got my shortened trem arm there, but I can't think of the name of the place... Private Stock or something.

As for pics, I do believe you're due for some more too my friend!
Yeah, you got me there. I'll have to take them the next time I go home, I brought my Ibanez to school. How much was the Gilmour-length tremolo arm? I'm wondering if I should get one of those and be able to choose between that and the medium length.

BrainDamage wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 5:54am

Thefallofman wrote on Sep 21st, 2008 at 11:07pm :

Hey Matt, which Callaham bridge did you get and where did you order it from?

I'm thinking it's time for me to finally go through with my Strat upgrade plans: Warmoth neck (Total Vintage/Clapton back contour), Callaham bridge and I'm going to grab more Lace Sensor golds for my neck/mid positions.
Callaham is still back in the stone age, so they don't do online orders. You have to fax or mail in an order form. You can find the order form on their website (www.callahamguitars.com) under the "Prices and Order" link on the left side. I got the Mexican Model Strat Bridge Assembly, which fits guitars with 2 1/16 mounting and string spacing. The other bridges have 2 7/32 mounting and 2 1/16 spacing or 2 7/32 mounting and spacing. I'd measure your strings just to be sure, but if you have a MIM Strat, it should be 2 1/16. I believe the string spacing is measured from the low E to the high E.

And you better have pics when you're done :)

metalfan#3 wrote on Sep 19th, 2008 2:57am

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that Mike :(. Always rough when something like that happens. It's good you're meeting people at college though.

And no you don't sound like an emo kid, it's perfectly understandable to be down about something like that.

All my sympathies to you :).

metalfan#3 wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 11:09pm

Awe man, I take it College isn't going as well as hoped?

metalfan#3 wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 12:36pm

It goes well, Captain. Yourself?

metalfan#3 wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 12:14am

Hey Mike.

metalfan#3 wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 3:26pm

Haha, you almost died from the sheer level of awesome reverberating around the room!

And I've never heard it :(