Thefallofman

Thefallofman's Profile Comments

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 1:09am

Haha, mine is a Dixon, and I just have to put it in between my legs in order to pull the holder part up, then slide the harp in real slick-like.

And the part about the tour shirt made me lol :haha:. Other people wear holders too :(.

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 12:20am

Or in Stephen Stills' case, his mustache.

Also, my harp older is of the deathly version as well. It's like wrestling to try and put one in there.

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 2:16am

There's only like, 3 albums and a couple EPs :p:.

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 2:14am

Also, I'm finally on my way to becoming a folkie like you. I bought a harp holder, and I can play Heart of Gold.

Alright.

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 12:46am

I'm glad you've enjoyed it, Mike.

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 22nd, 2008 6:51pm

Mike, I highly recommend you watch this video as well. It's live, and the way Sam uses the fast-slow tempos in the song is amazing, and his sister harmonizes with him, and it's incredible all around.

The Trapeze Swinger, Austin City Limits

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 8:17pm

Mike, you've gotta check out the band/performer 'Iron & Wine'. I know you'll love it. It's some of the most emotional folk music you'll ever hear.

'The Trapeze Swinger' is one of my favorite songs now, and it's one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs ever.

Please, please, PLEASE watch it, let it load :).

There's also a live acoustic version that's a little different but still great, you'll like that too :).

LuvJimmiHendrix wrote on Nov 10th, 2008 5:07pm

Thefallofman wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 11:48pm :

I'm just trying to help you not look stupid. Keep spelling it "Jimmi" if you want. It's still wrong.

Alright

LuvJimmiHendrix wrote on Nov 10th, 2008 4:05am

Thefallofman wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 4:09pm :

Spell "Jimi" right and it would be a respectable group...

idc what you have to say

LuvJimmiHendrix wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 7:07pm

"This group is the ultimate fail."

ehh, go suck a fat one.

The_lizard_king wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 2:52am

Yeah, when they did animals the tension wasn't as bad. I couldn't hear it in the music, there was some tension but roger was just pissed at alot of people like mary whitehouse and how everyone is like sheep. The wall had tension like hey you does and especially when he sings the last verse of the song. Pink floyd is great because they are such an expressive band thats why they are my all time favorite. The final cut does have alot emotion in it, and it is not the model floyd record but i do love that album.

Thefallofman wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 4:45pm :

Oh definitely!

I think the band had to be in that messed up state to come out with The Wall/The Final Cut and have them be as good as they are. The emotion just runs through everything. It's as strong and sincere as anything I've ever heard. Just take the Hey You solo for example- if that isn't despair then I don't know what is. Man, I love Pink Floyd.

The_lizard_king wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 12:13am

Thefallofman wrote on Oct 28th, 2008 at 7:21pm :

Hey, anyone who owns a Telecaster, posts in the Floyd thread, and lists "bagboy/soldier of fortune" as their occupation is a friend of mine, haha.

Yeah, Fletcher has such a weird solo! It sounds so great, but it's incredibly confusing to play. Gilmour is just so amazing with his little nuances.

yeah man i love the song, its really emotional but powerful and raw. I love that solo as much as the final cut solo, you can tell where the band was going at the time and the tension builds up in both solos which reflects on the guys' emotions at the time.

The_lizard_king wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 7:10pm

Thefallofman wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 at 12:03pm :

The Final Cut may well be the hardest song to sing ever written, haha.

yeah well it is one of the hardest songs to sing, I know that much. I can't hit those signature roger notes that he can. I actually can do the guitar solo and I am proud of that fact. If only I could play the fletcher memorial solo lol. btw thanks for the add man.

The_lizard_king wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 12:36pm

Thefallofman wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 at 11:19pm :

Awesome, you covered The Final Cut! I just wish I could listen to it on this computer.

I did, but its not that good. I was very hasty about the rhythm playing and the vocals were definitely off key. The solo was bad too, but since than I have perfected everything for that song, and perhaps I should have done a different song. I'm thinking cymbaline or set the controls

metalfan#3 wrote on Oct 23rd, 2008 2:34am

I haven't been thinking about it at all :p:.

metalfan#3 wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 1:36am

Hey Mike, I've been given the offer of writing some new responses for the EchoesHub Barmaid, for whenever somebody gives her a tip, and the responses vary on how much she's been given.

Care to contribute a few?

baylewis wrote on Oct 12th, 2008 3:08am

Thefallofman wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 at 9:12pm :

Yes sir! Definitely a favorite of mine.

I saw Jack Bruce over the summer. He was amazing, and definitely having a ton of fun. He kind of got a reputation of being bitter and dry, but that show totally flipped how I perceived him. Very cool.

He is definatley underrated dont you think

metalfan#3 wrote on Oct 11th, 2008 11:59pm

I'll be more than happy to :).

I really recommend you to check out New Riders of the Purple Sage as well. Jerry played lap steel with them for awhile, they'd open concerts in '70-'71. I described them to my friend as an electric Bright Eyes circa '72, which I think should intrigue you.

Mind you, all I have is I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, but they sound like an electrified version of that album :).

metalfan#3 wrote on Oct 11th, 2008 8:56pm

I haven't heard a whole lot of 80's stuff, but I'm assuming it has songs like Hell in a Bucket, Sugaree, CC Rider, Althea, etc.

Wait 'til you hear some early/late 70's stuff :).

I just downloaded one of my favorite shows I had in lossy format, and I had no idea the show was so big. I had second set of the late show, and it was incomplete. I downloaded a five-disc folder with both New Riders of the Purple Sage early and late shows and the Dead's early and late shows. The show is 1970-06-24, I'd recommend searching for it :D.

And if you ever get back on to EchoesHub, TELL ME! I'll guide you in your Deadness :p:.

metalfan#3 wrote on Sep 30th, 2008 1:57am

I suppose the command was somewhat useless, as the enjoyment of a hippo is typically implied. I mean, how can you not have fun with one?

Needless to say, don't let him around your new Tele.

read previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 read next