Thefallofman

Thefallofman's Profile Comments

A Rolling Stone wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 2:38am

Thefallofman wrote on Jul 1st, 2009 at 2:51pm :
I've actually never heard mush of OCMS, other than part of a PBS show. I know they played the Madison in Covington last year and I've been meaning to listen to them.

Their new album, Tennessee Pusher, is by far their best I think. Big Iron World and Eutaw are great too. You should definitely check them out, they have great versions of Silver Dagger and Cocaine Habit Blues. (On Eutaw and Big Iron World respectively.)

A Rolling Stone wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 10:59pm

Thefallofman wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 at 2:59pm :
Gillian Welch rules! Steve Earle's whole family must be musicians... his little sister Stacy plays around Cincinnati quite a lot, she's good friends with some people around the folk scene here.

I'm assuming Springsteen was the show in Cincy last year? I wanted to go so bad. Them playing Lost In The Flood that night was a kick in the teeth too.

Yea, that's the Springsteen show. I'm looking to get a boot of it. It was great, he came on like an hour late and after the 1st encore everyone started getting up and leaving but me and my dad just waited. The lights were back on and everything and the band ran out and down Kitty's Back. The amount of people trying to get back in was hilarious.

Have you listened to much OCMS?

A Rolling Stone wrote on Apr 25th, 2009 5:20pm

Thefallofman wrote on Apr 25th, 2009 at 2:09am :

I'm hoping to go, I've seen Dylan 2 years in a row and I don't want to break the streak. I dunno though... I've got lots of tickets to buy. I doubt it'll sell out though, and it's general admission so I can buy them whenever, so who knows. I definitely hope I can make it up there for that.

When Clapton and Winwood did their MSG shows last year they played Glad straight into Well All Right... absolutely delicious.

I've only seen him once, the one you went to last August actually.
And just a new bit of info on that Dylan ballpark show...I get in free! I'm glad I don't turn 15 'till January now.
Btw, Matt posted new tour dates for TBC in the Black Crowes thread and there's a Louisville date! Awesome.

A Rolling Stone wrote on Apr 24th, 2009 11:48pm

Thefallofman wrote on Apr 24th, 2009 at 12:12am :

Just keepin' on keepin' on I guess, haha. What about you?

I'm pretty stoked... I gave the Blind Faith album a spin the other night and remembered how awesome it's going to be to hear that stuff live.

Oh yea man I know, right?
I say they do Presence of the Lord, Had to Cry Today, Can't Find My Way Home and maybe Well...Alright. If not those than the whole album
Btw, have you heard about this show at Louisville Slugger Stadium with Dylan, Mellencamp, and Willie Nelson? Got a mostly killer line-up and I think its in July. I'm tryin my best to get me some tickets :D

A Rolling Stone wrote on Apr 24th, 2009 2:08am

Whats up man....not too much longer till the Clapton/Winwood concert, huh?
Can't wait.

BrainDamage wrote on Apr 9th, 2009 2:34am

Thefallofman wrote on Apr 8th, 2009 at 10:24am :

Hopefully. I gots no internets in my new apartment. I've got to figure out who to call to get a wireless network setup and then it'll be sorted out and we can have an orgy of trading.

Well, maybe not an orgy for you... since I lost all my damn files.
Internet or no internet, I'm still waiting on the DVD-RWs and your CD. Did that ever get finished? Buy a large external hard drive and I'll have your files replenished in no time.

BrainDamage wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 5:29am

Are we ever going to get our trading back up again? I miss it :(

And don't give me no "I have no space" bullshit. Get an external hard drive if you don't have one already.

:heart:

BrainDamage wrote on Mar 23rd, 2009 7:01pm

Thefallofman wrote on Mar 23rd, 2009 at 11:42am :

Tiny, cheap vibe solution: http://www.lovepedal.com/fab50.htm

I don't even need a vibe, but it's so small I feel like I might as well put one on my board.
Shut up, you need a vibe. And yeah, I've seen that before...or at least when it was just this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ohin9C7qVg&feature =channel_page . It looks like that one has been discontinued, and this is now an upgrade with a smaller footprint. If I ever decide I've had enough of my Deja'Vibe, the Lovepedal will be considered as a replacement.

A Rolling Stone wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 9:30pm

Cool man thanks,
btw, I posted one of my songs on the Songwriting forum...Its from like January I think lol you should check it out.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1091320

A Rolling Stone wrote on Mar 20th, 2009 12:48am

I put your first song on your myspace (can't remember the name right now) on my profile playlist, really great stuff. You should check out my background, you'd appreciate it :)
Btw, What do you use to record/upload your songs to your computer? I have darn near 30 originals (solo acoustic/harp/some piano/a bit of banjo) that I need to get to mp3s for itunes/on a flashdrive...just finished recording a new that evened out over 12 minutes actually.

BrainDamage wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 2:39am

Thefallofman wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:22pm :

Remember the massive Fender price increase I mentioned? $550 for a Mexican Standard. Fuuuuuck that. You're lucky you got the Tele when you did.
Yeah, I'm glad I went ahead and bought it after playing with the idea for a few weeks.

Thefallofman wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:22pm :
I'm really stoked on my Barber LTD though, it's the perfect low gain OD for me. I just can't justify another dirt pedal- and you know I loves me some dirt. Still waiting for that damn Hartman pedal. I think UPS' ground shipping guarantee is 4 days so it should be here tomorrow.
Trust me, you can ALWAYS justify another dirt pedal :)

A Rolling Stone wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 11:10pm

Nice, nice. Mine are in section 304 I think, so we'll definitely run into each other :)
Btw, Bought a crapload of new records today...check out my blog for a list

BrainDamage wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 6:25am

Thefallofman wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 1:07am :

A trumpet?? Secks. Black Moon Jam?? Secks-er. How are you liking the Tele, by the way?
The kid is really good at trumpet too. I played for 8 years and I suck haha. I :heart: my Tele, especially when banging out some RR open G riffs. I am losing a few notes up on the high end of the fretboard when bending, so I'm gonna have to get that checked out, but other then that, so far so good.

Thefallofman wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 1:07am :
As far as another Vibe, if need be I'll grab a Dano Cool Cat Vibe or something. The Rat was shipped Wednesday. I e-mailed Hartman and they were having some problems with powder coating and that's what the wait was about.
Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe! Or you could forget the vibe, buy a Beano Boost, realize you don't need any more drive, sell your dirt pedals, and buy a vibe. It's a win-win situation.

BrainDamage wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 3:43am

Thefallofman wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 1:43am :

Oh god Matt... I gotz teh incurable Micro Pog GAS. Like, bad. I was watching Youtube videos of the organ sounds and christ, I needz. And a good volume pedal so I can really nail it.
Interesting. I just watched the ProGuitarShop video, it sounds like a really nice pedal. I'd be interested to hear how it sounds with a fuzz for some screaming Band of Gypsys goodness.

Thefallofman wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 1:43am :
My Deja Vibe has been Craigs Listed because I need the money and board space. I'm fucking nuts.
NOOOOOO. You'll end up with another vibe soon enough. It's inevitable. Did you get the Rat yet?

By the way, I jammed with two guys on my floor today; guitar/guitar/bass all set up in a tiny hallway. I ended up leading a Black Moon Jam a la '95/'96/'97 :) My Tele-->OCD-->Epiphone Valve Junior sounded delicious. Next time we're bringing in a trumpet player. Now THAT'S gonna be awesome. The end.

A Rolling Stone wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 1:47am

Totally dude! Who doesn't like House? But I don't like it as much with these new interns/super tools. And I must say that your tele is one of my favorite models and that I was looking at it myself...But I found a good deal (529 bucks) on that blackout with 3 pickups and solid black and I just couldn't pass it up. Any word on those Clapton/Winwood tickets? When I got mine they were goin mighty fast.

A Rolling Stone wrote on Feb 21st, 2009 4:21am

So, i heard you like House...

BrainDamage wrote on Feb 5th, 2009 10:16pm

ZOMG NEW PIC.

Get some clips up of the AC15 before I hunt you down and kill you.

Have a nice day :)

BrainDamage wrote on Jan 9th, 2009 8:04pm

Thefallofman wrote on Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:17pm :

No pics of my amp on here yet, but I couldn't keep this one from you:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti on=viewImage&friendID=2198681&albumID=2409138&imag eID=54269682
MMMMM WAAAANT. I need a job :(

Get some clips up!

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 9:35pm

Oh right, Amber dies, I've seen it a couple times, it's a great one.

House is just such a great character, I hate him and admire him so much at the same time.

metalfan#3 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 5:15am

Woah woah woah, you watch House?!? House is great! Was it the one from last night, the hostage one? It was a good one.

Just another thing we have in common, Michael.

1 2 3 4 5 6 read next