TheUltimateSin

TheUltimateSin's Profile Comments

Millercaster wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 3:46am

What part of Minnesota are you from?

duncang wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 11:22am

Long time ago my friend! Is a shame though

Resiliance wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 8:07am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 9:03am :
It's funny how life has crept up on most of us the same way I had to get a real job a few years ago and that sucked up most of my free time, working 66+ hours a week in a steel fab. shop(shitty, I know). But I also got married 3 years ago and of course, more free time was sacrificed. And now earlier this year, I became a dad, so you can see the pattern trending here. But, I've been popping in more and more lately as I've reorganized my life and got mroe free time again. But congrats on your future prospects man hope it all works out in your favor

And you, my friend. Congratulations on on all that good stuff. Raise that little boy/girl to be a god(dess) amongst musicians!

Resiliance wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 7:54am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:47am :
So what has the great Resi been up to? I was saddened to see you have rejoined the ranks of us fellow peons

What have I been up to?! Where have YOU been? Haha :D I stepped down as supermod in 2007 or 2008 as I recall ;-)

Practicalities of life have firmly clutched their grip of death around most of my free time and ambitions, as things tend to go once you're not a bedroom shredder anymore.. Most likely getting married next year as well, and have been trying to get a proper band together again lately to revive my musical ambitions :)

Yourself?

Resiliance wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 7:44am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:43am :
Haha s'ok dude it's all good. I'll forgive you this time

Much obliged sir!

Resiliance wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 7:37am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 3:36am :
I'm disappointed. I posted the signal in the random chat thread days ago and you didn't show up.

Terribly sorry. Even Resi gets slow in old age :(

Shreddin 4 Life wrote on May 5th, 2011 7:36am

Hey buddy, been a LONG-ass time, what's new with you man?!? Hope you saw my latest post in the shred forum hehehe

mikko 9119 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 5:19am

yay a minnesotan.

Prophet of Page wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 12:41pm

Not to much man, just finishing off my winter exams today.

All good with you?

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 11:34pm

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 23rd, 2008 at 3:00am :

Well, almost ANYTHING from Yngwie takes some growing on : But some of his songs(like Brothers) are worth it.

I never used to be in to this kind of music/speed. But after a while you warm up to it
The first time that I heard Cliffs of Dover, I hated it. I thought it was just unecessary... Now, it's one of my favorite songs :p

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 23rd, 2008 3:20am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:24pm :

I'd recommend Paul Gilbert then. He's currently my favorite guitarist. Also, contrary to most generalizations, Buckethead has LOADS of slower mellow stuff that help balance how much fast material he has.

But yeah definitely check out Brothers. Here's a link(although the studio version is infinitely better imo)

It's pretty fun to play too.

It's all good.
Intro might be a bit too fast for my taste, but it might just be one of those things that you've gotta grow on. It'd also probably be pretty hard to solo over something like that...

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 2:19am

I'll need to listen to Brothers. I haven't really listened to too much Malmsteen. Outside of Johnson and Satch, I don't really have that much shred in my CD collection.

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 7:18am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 18th, 2008 at 2:29am :

It's actually a surprisingly simple song(minus those sweeps silly Neil does round the solo and such >_> *cough*)

I've been using it to help me with some basic string-skipping building(nothing long the lines of ol' Gilbert of course!). Plus it's just loads of fun to play and is a very upbeat song.
That's what I like about it. It's got that really happy sounding intro. Really cool to listen to when you're just pissed off with the rest of the world :p It's a lot of fun to play, but I really need to sit down with a metronome and practice it (and everything that I play, really...).

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 18th, 2008 1:22am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 at 3:54am :

Ya dude. It's loads of fun to play too(I am more partial to Neil's original though ). I have progressed more into the song than in the video that's up, I've just been too lazy to record a decent update though :
I'm about as far into it as you were then :p

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 6:20am

The one that I really need to do is "I'm Alright," which I got outta your profile ;) That one I could actually pull off (if I did the JerryC version).

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 6:51am

That recording is several months old. I'm much better at playing most of it now, though I don't really work on the song that much. It's more of just a natural progression of becoming more skilled on the instrument :p

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 6:10am

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 at 4:14am :

Lol have you seen Eric's rig?? Holy crap, I mean, he is guy who takes his tone VERY seriously.

But, you're welcome

I've read about his rig, but you really don't need all of that to replicate that sound. Really, all you need is a delay pedal. That's all that I use. Using an ES-335 definitely helps, though. That's what he apparently used on the studio version of that song.

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 3:09am

I REALLY need to work on Cliffs of Dover. I've nailed the tone since then, but I was just using natural amp gain. I wasn't actually trying to get the same tone, which probably would've made that sound better, along with, you know, better playing.. :p Thanks for the comment, though.

Iron-Rules wrote on Oct 6th, 2008 11:07pm

how long have u been playing guitar?

Maet wrote on Aug 24th, 2008 6:20am

So you've abandoned the CR forum have you? I can't really blame you since it's been a long time since the last good flame-fest.

1 2 3 4 5 6 read next