TenInchClock

TenInchClock's Profile Comments

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 3:50pm

Hey! :)
How goes the veganism?

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 27th, 2011 7:18pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 25th, 2011 at 6:32pm :
It's probably best for you that Guinny isn't vegan though, shit's got so many calories in it, it's unreal :O.
I've found that you need to go to a combination of different places to get a proper selection of vegan stuff, could be specialist shops, but they're generally small, so need to go to a few of those, possibly in conjunction with supermarkets that also have a small supply.

Yeh I guess
I just get all my stuff from Carrefour (huge supermarket)

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2011 8:44pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 22nd, 2011 at 2:59pm :
Oh thank God corona's alright :P I don't generally drink it, but I went out on Tuesday and someone bought me one and I was worried whether or not I was allowed it xD Desperados is one of my favourites that we can still have, if you can locate some, jump on it, seriously.
Also, if you can get some soya protein isolate (protein powder) apparently you can use that as flour to make vegan (depending on the other ingredients) and also a great source of protein and low in fat and carbs and other shit. It's not expensive, either.

hahah I don't think they'll have desperados here, but I will try it as soon as I leave town :)
What makes me sad is that Guinness isn't vegan, it was one of my favorites, but it's ok there's plenty that are.
I'm still trying to find more places that sell lots of vegan food, all I found here is soy milk, tofu cubes and dry tofu (Used as meat).
other than that I just eat plenty of veggies and fruit

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2011 8:00am

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 21st, 2011 at 4:11am :
Honestly, the one of the main reasons for me trying this out is for the biological reasons; our anatomy not supporting eating meat, and the fact that the milk is so rancid. I'm not even too fussed on giving up eggs, I might have to just become a vegetarian who doesn't milk or cheese - but only buying eggs from farms shops, or from a family friend who keeps chickens (and clearly doesn't abuse them). Also, honey's pretty rank too.
That being said, I've been going by true veganism since monday, so we'll see how it goes. Even been researching which beers and lagers are animal-friendly and sticking to them. :

Well I've done it for much different reasons, it's just because it's starting to not make sense to me why I would eat meat when I don't really need it, and if I don't need it then why should I harm another living creature for it?

Yeh apparently mainly british beer isn't vegan, it's alright with me I always stick to corona lol

vagelier wrote on Apr 20th, 2011 8:51pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 20th, 2011 at 5:57pm :
Oh right, I closed it myself because the picture didn't work, and it wasn't a good enough idea to bother fixing it. Thanks for taking the time to tell me that though; I'm sure it proved to be a valuable experience.

You're welcome :)

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 20th, 2011 7:08pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 20th, 2011 at 8:59pm :
Fucking love cheerios. Can't really see how you can cram a dead cow into those little'o's, so you should be safe :
Might just eat cheerios and soy milk for the rest of my life.

hahaha yeh I could live out the rest of my life purely on Cheerios and Soy milk too :p:
I even finished two cartons of soy milk in a day (Cuz I bought chocolate flavor and malt flavor)

On a different note, I think you might want to watch a documentary called "Earthlings".
It's really hard to watch, but it shows all the ways in which people abuse animals for selfish reasons.

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 20th, 2011 9:32am

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 at 7:31pm :
Yeah, very much so - I bought what I believed to be fake fish fingers and chicken things yesterday (company called FreeFrom, but the lettering of the first R looks like a v, which led me to believe it was supposed to be vegan), turns out it actually was fish and chicken FML. Needless to say, they were a waste of money.
but the supermarket I usually go to has a TINY selection of stuff I can get now, unless you get the raw ingredients - and I'm not a good cook- so that kinda sucks.

I just look for pasta that's got no animal products, and bought a crap load of soy milk lol
Also Cheerios are (Apparently) vegan.

vagelier wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 9:34pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 at 8:08pm :
I'm sorry?

You were the one who posted a thread about your facebook page, right. It was closed instantly.

vagelier wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 6:32pm

lol. did you really think that thread wouldn't be closed?

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 2:28pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 at 5:43pm :
Had some quorn bacon today, was quite nice, actually, smells just like it, texture's a bit off, but that's seriously only thing wrong with it; jump on that shit.

Wow I'm gonna buy that.
I've tried some whole grain bread with Jam, OJ and a banana for breakfast.
Been reading the ingredients of everything in my fridge all day :haha:
The hardest part about going vegan (IMO) isn't the giving up of animal products, it's finding something that doesn't have em :p:
Don't ya think?

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 5:25am

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 18th, 2011 at 10:02pm :
Oh right, yeah, I should have known, it is a heavily-flamed subject, which I respect Yourofsky for, because he really does seem to genuinely respect both sides, since he was once omnivorous.

Haha everyone has to start somewhere :
and what brought it home for me was the way the guys were just beating those cows in part 5, was pretty brutal stuff, makes me ashamed to admit I had cereal with cow's milk for breakfast =/

Yep it is, but now I wish I never deleted it :/

Yeh that's exactly the same part that did it for me, I found it hard to watch it while knowing that I've been eating cow products and animal products without the decency to know where it came from, and how it was taken from the animals.
But I'm really feeling positive about the entire vegan thing :)

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Apr 18th, 2011 4:56pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 18th, 2011 at 7:57pm :
It's a shame you deleted the Gary Yourofsky thread, I'd just finished watching the video and was about to comment. Just wanted to say thanks for showing me it, I'm actually considering making the change (going to spend the next couple of days avoiding as much of the condemned stuff as I can, while trying to locate cheap, vegetarian/vegan alternatives) and hopefully I won't have a heart attack.

I forgot what you said in the OP, are you a vegan/vegetarian yourself?

Hey thank you so much for watching the video :)
I was beginning to think no one really cared.
I deleted cuz there were too many people kinda flaming me down about it sorry

And yes I am a vegan, but not really cuz I've only been for a day, it's not really as hard as many people think you just have to get un-used to habit. And I'm glad that you care enough to even try being vegan, even for a couple of days
Thank you very much about your feedback, and I wish you good luck! :D

cool_geek_dude wrote on Feb 14th, 2011 11:14pm

TenInchClock wrote on Feb 13th, 2011 at 7:41am :
That's pretty damn cool like :P
I'll be sure to come see you guys play like; my step-dad's a pretty big fan as well

And it's not too bad going, thanks, a little bogged down with coursework and the like though =/ How about you, man?

Not bad man just been working with a producer atm to really fine tune our sound, it's been hard work but we're starting to really hear the results now. We're playing a place called The Head of Steam or something on the 8th March. Do you know it?

cool_geek_dude wrote on Feb 11th, 2011 12:34pm

Hey man, it's been ages but I finally came back on here and made up a bandpage for Underclass. It's on my profile but the main reason I'm posting here is to tell you we will be in Newcastle somewhere on the 8th March :D Hope to see you there. I'll be posting the tour dates once it's finalised.

Hows it going anyway?

gacharya wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 6:00am

Now I know... thank you for solving one of my life's greatest mysteries! :P

TheIntruder wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 9:42pm

I reply to everyone all the time

TheIntruder wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010 6:59am

Have fun with that

TheIntruder wrote on Sep 29th, 2010 11:41am

songsterr.com

Simsimius wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 4:19pm

TenInchClock wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 at 8:58pm :
Hey man, I can't help but notice in your sig you say you have a 72 Tele?

I'm thinking about making a purchase of one, is there anything overtly wrong with them, or flaws that develop over time, etc. ?

Sorry for a delay is posting, hope it's not too late.
The guitar is absolutely amazing. The one and only flaw is that the pickups *can* sound a bit muddy, but apparently all you have to do is change the pots to 500k from the stock 250K, and it should open them up. But, at high gain I don't really hear that too much. And when clean I can't hear it too much either. A mid crunch can sound a bit too muddy, but a bit of EQ can reduce it. It's not too bad, but audiophiles will definitely want to the change the pots.

Slicer666 wrote on May 6th, 2010 10:11pm

TenInchClock wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 at 11:14pm :
[in relation to Pokémon]
"Also I watch anime, and have the first 3 seasons on DVD. Problem with it?"

Where. the. Fuck. Did. You. Find. This? :O

Actually some of them are VHS XD I found one or two in a local discount store and the rest on eBay.

1 2 read next »