Symphonica

Symphonica's Profile Comments

dsss guitars wrote on Jan 6th, 2012 1:54pm

Just passin......................

RandaManda wrote on Jan 6th, 2012 8:05am

Dropped by without leaving a hey? If I were an old lady I'd tisk tisk you.

SkepsisMetal wrote on Sep 7th, 2011 1:27am

God, you have some form of elitist argument going on in this comment section O_o
Gotta love elitist metalheads.
Anyway, cheers for the comments dude. That's about the only song I recorded that I liked enough to post up. I'm currently working on writing some classically influenced stuff for guitar, and an ambient drum & bass style project too, so I'll see what else I can get up on my page :D

Vypor wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 10:48pm

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 at 2:01pm :
"You don't get this with hip hop or punk genres, everything that is punk is punk, everything thats rap is rap or hip-hop, pop music is pop music"

Well that's absolutely not true. Same goes for your posts.

What a terrific and educated way to break down my argument and deem it unstable. Perfectly logical.

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 9:02pm

And wikipedia says that Lamb of God is metalcore, but in fact that is completely not true.

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 9:01pm

Well that's absolutely not true. Same goes for your posts.

Vypor wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 4:16pm

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 4th, 2011 at 4:38pm :

But the "applepear" as you call it is still a fruit, and goes in the fruit section, right next to all the other fruits, and not mixed in with the vegetables. Hybrid fruit or not, its still a fruit. Are green apples still apples? What about red ones? They obviously have different tastes and qualities about them - but they are both apples.

Vypor wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 4:03pm

So let me get this straight, as the same example I used with Oblivion here - If Micheal Jackson makes dance pop music, then that means that Britney Spears obviously didn't make dance pop music because they didn't sound any alike, right?

Lamb of God is a heavy metal band whether you like it or not - you haven't made a convincing argument at all. I've said it before, metal is more than just a genre of music, its an attitude and a life style. More than anything, it's a way to play your instrument. Why is it that metal people have to be so elite? You don't get this with hip hop or punk genres, everything that is punk is punk, everything thats rap is rap or hip-hop, pop music is pop music, but when you start talking about rock and metal, its like everybody has to have an exclusive name for their brand of metal. Nikes and Reeboks aren't the same, but their both shoes. Flip Flops obviously are not sneakers, but they are both shoes. Do you wear skate shoes? Do you call them "skate" shoes or just shoes?

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 3:33pm

The Virtuoso wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:14pm :
*good post*

You explained it very well. But it's like teaching a retard about the economic crisis though

The Virtuoso wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 9:14pm

I saw your argument about LOG with Oblivion, so allow me to be of some assistance. You appear to listen to classical music, tell me, is this the same as Franz Liszt or Chopin:

or is it merely similar? LOG is not Heavy metal, that is a misnomer that everyone uses to describe all metal when only a few bands actually play Heavy metal. What the hell is modern metal, what are its tenants and qualities? Again, I cannot stress this enough, it's similar, but they have only straddled the threshold; they have not crossed over into metal. If you listen to enough metal, you'll realize that there is a major difference in sound between what is generally accepted as metal in the metal community, and that which is regarded as diluted pandering.

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 4th, 2011 11:38pm

Well my dear, on wikipedia they are said to be groove metal, metalcore. The first; groove metal, is generally very much hated by the metal forum because they have parted ways with the musical ambitions of true heavy metal. second, metalcore is a genre that is not metal. Because an 'applepear' does not equal an apple. So when these fruits will hit the store, they can't be called with the name apple (read: metal)
But if your opinion is, that LoG is metal, than this is good for you. Because opinion is opinion; regardless how retarted someone is. cough, you.

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 3rd, 2011 7:18pm

Vypor wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 at 8:53pm :
He just doesn't understand that metal is more than just one thing, its a combination of things and can be classified in many different ways. Pears and Apples are both fruits, they are different kinds of fruits, but they are still both fruits.

Actually I understand that better than you. Metal is indeed more than one thing thus LoG is not metal. Having distorted vocals and guitars does not always equal metal. It is fucking forbidden to talk about LoG in the metal forum, and people who know the genre (like me) know why.

Vypor wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 8:53pm

Vypor wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 8:51pm

Symphonica wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 at 7:48am :
What a fucking hipster! I'm sorry. I know just how god damn obscure it is. No one else really understands it's depth quite like you.

Thanks man, yeah that guy is pretty caught up in himself, but alas you can't ever create change the mind of someone who thinks that they know better than you.

08L1V10N wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 3:51pm

Symphonica wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 at 2:45pm :
...just pure, heavy metal, Lamb of God is it. You'll realize this when you grow up though, I suppose.

No and no. There is a reason that talking about LoG is forbidden in the metal forum here because it's so unpure in fact.

Please tell http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/The+Wildchild/ that LoG is pure metal, he'll be elated to tell you why they are not.

SocialQuarntine wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 10:58pm

Symphonica wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 at 12:17am :
Now if I understand this correctly... you now focus on bass? What possessed you to do such a thing? I simply ask out of blind curiosity.

I don't actually. I played bass for a band for about a year and a half, so I focused on that for a while but still played guitar on the side.

Now the band is no more, and I focus on guitar/piano mostly.

RandaManda wrote on Jun 22nd, 2011 4:14am

If by chance you haven't seen, it's there! I meant to say it this morning. Fuck I'm lazy. Nice job! *insert geeky thumbs-up smiley*:D

Oh, and photos and blogs and such are back! UG was totally mindfucking everyone for awhile there.

Roc8995 wrote on Jun 2nd, 2011 10:16pm

Sorry for the late reply - for some reason my email notification didn't go through.
I'm not part of the review process, but it does seem very likely that your review is on hold since the album's not out. Usually if the review is denied, you'll receive a message detailing the reason.
Symphonica wrote on May 27th, 2011 at 8:14am :
Hey dude, I see that you're online AND part of the UG team, so I ask you:

I sent in a review a few weeks ago, but it still has the 'W' beside it. Is it safe to assume it hasn't been accepted since the album I reviewed hasn't actually been released yet? I found a leaked version, and I thought it would be a solid idea to get a review out.

RandaManda wrote on May 27th, 2011 9:23pm

School has been madness! Art shows and dance shows and whatnot. I'll get back to it soon! Perhaps tonight... Hmmmmmmmm ;D What have you been up to?

megan9987 wrote on May 27th, 2011 9:09pm

Symphonica wrote on May 27th, 2011 at 12:25am :
Oh yeah, ain't that true... The kids playing battle of the bands are always hilarious, some are just such egotistical bastards, and always bring a smile to my face, because I use music as a drug to release my tension, while some kids just build it up constantly. I haven't suffered from performance anxiety in years haha!

That's so right! I hate the people who are so into themselves, when, frankly, they are pretty horrible players :T But they do make me smile sometimes, make me feel pretty good about myself/playing :haha:

1 2 3 read next