Supernaut2k

Supernaut2k's Profile Comments

Master Shake wrote on Apr 28th, 2009 4:02am

yup, i did scallop it myself and i also did the sunburst one too if you have a look but its not as deep as i was a bit more paranoid lol (neck alone was $600) There is actually a good DIY site that you can adjust the procedure to suit the Blackmore graduated scallop type but i'll have to have a look when im at home. I also have quite a few progress pics if you find that helpful. If you go slow and measure everything correctly you cant really go wrong, just need to have a little patience

R'n'R rebel wrote on Jan 26th, 2009 3:30am

hey mate, do u see fender are making a new ritchie blackmore strat

Master Shake wrote on Dec 13th, 2008 2:53am

yeah i did see that. Not only was it surprising he gave an interview to UG, Candice wasnt in it repeating everything he's ever said.
i know he has some stuff written (as you would) and it would be great to hear it! I just dont beleive him when he says 'maybe next time' but oh how i want to and wish for it!!

Master Shake wrote on Dec 8th, 2008 3:56pm

looks like a nice find. Really good nick too! Looks better than my 05 one! :p
The mat finish on the sunburst really isnt durable so i've unknowingly gone for the worn look (makes it look more like its from the 70's!) Is it all original hardware etc?
Yeah you need to pump it through a tube amp! You could always take it to a store and pretend to buy one just to hear it :D

Master Shake wrote on Dec 5th, 2008 11:26pm

Sounds great! the MIJ Fenders are very good quality. knew would would come around sooner or later :p:. Pics would be great :D

Master Shake wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 6:54am

It is finished, sorry, i thought you must have seen the thread/s. I think this should take you there... maybe?? http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Master+Shake/pi ctures/gear/32701/411597

Good to know you got your tastes right, a Blackmore fan that also loves Red Dwarf :D I think I probably like series two best but i love Kryten

darkstar2466 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 3:22am

Excellent, you like Dehumanizer too. Buried Alive is an amazing track - lots of emotion in that one.

Check out the demo version of Letters From Earth. It's sooo good.

Master Shake wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 1:05am

:cheers:
i might go record a Rainbow cover in the next day or so actually :D depends if i can be bothered draging my amp up the stairs. I got the Blackmore sig ENGL! Sweet as hey! really has the characteristics of his sound

DIV ON! wrote on Jun 20th, 2008 7:24pm

you like mince music

Master Shake wrote on Feb 24th, 2008 9:44pm

I had to laugh at your 'lets hold hands' comment! so true and thats kinda what annoys me about Candice. She literally comes across 'with the faries'. I like the guitar work on Possum Goes to Prague. Its a good fun challenge to play too although ive probably forgotten it!

Yeah it would be nice to have that combination of the medieval and rock which is esentialy Rainbow. BN is now in its 11th year and Blackmore has never done something this long and even listening to live boots he is sounding less inspired and seems happy to be a 'backing musician'. Not sure if its just his age and he wants to tone down a bit but aparently he has written a lot of stuff he doesnt want to do with BN so i would certainly want to hear that! Also an instrumental album in line with pieces such as Weiss Heim and Maybe Next Time might not be too far from reality if someone twists his arm a bit more!

Master Shake wrote on Feb 24th, 2008 12:49am

Yeah i totally get what your saying, plus his on stage persona left a lot to be desired (an embarassment to the band!). Very much a pansy but there were some good songs and there were some shockers. I would say the same about Bonnet but he did do very well on Eyes of the World but then on songs like Makin' Love he makes me cringe :p. I like the colour Dio had to his voice, the Dio line up has quite a unique sound to it that got a bit lost after he left but you can still hear its Rainbow. Im glad it got picked up again with White who is a very good singer but he lacked a bit of the colour Dio had. It would be good to see Blackmore pick up that sort of Medieval rock type stuff again. Where Rising left off for me thats not saying LLRNR isnt good its just more a different theme to RBR and RR.

Master Shake wrote on Feb 23rd, 2008 12:00pm

Well its hard for me to say as i pay more attention to idividual songs but i think the first album is probably best where it was still a fresh idea, it seems a bit stale these days... Most of the good songs they do with vocals are covers but Blackmore does some first class instrumental work. Unfortunately these days hes just a backing musician to Night's Blackmore :sad:
Despite a lot of people not liking it i actually like the Village Lanterne, its certainly more pop but the cover of Street of Dreams sounds much nicer instrumentaly, i just think the vocals ruin it (by Candice and Joe!)

Master Shake wrote on Feb 17th, 2008 12:47pm

Yeah its just a look a like model. John is a very big Blackmore fan and an absolute tosser that has everyone on Dawks forum pissed off at him :D but they are still good guitars. The Japanese sig models he sells are the ones with the checkmark scalloping and might even have the synth p/up? I get a bit confused with them all. Your better of just going for the look-a-like anyway. The sig models are a rip off.
You should check out Dawks forum
hes a realitivly open honest guy and very helpful and can point you in the right direction to get the tone your looking for ;)

Yeah I actually bought that DVD ages ago but only watched once. I might put it on a bit later when I have time. I just bought Paris Moon so I suppose I should give that a go first...

Master Shake wrote on Feb 17th, 2008 12:04pm

Natural would be nice, I'm even tempted to get one myself somewhere along the line. I kind of want one like one of Dio's guitarist but i cant rembmer whos it was. It had a real rough look to it with burn marks, next project maybe... :D.
So you getting a Blackmore sig model? or just 'Blackmore' looking?

Master Shake wrote on Feb 15th, 2008 2:35am

Cool :D what colour are you thinking?

Page/Rhoads wrote on Feb 7th, 2008 5:34pm

Yeah man. Ritchie rules!

darkstar2466 wrote on Feb 5th, 2008 11:58pm

Sabbath > life. There are very few bands that never get old, even after many years of listening to them a lot, and Sabbath tops the list. As long as Tony Iommi is holding his SG, nothing else will match him.

Master Shake wrote on Feb 4th, 2008 8:58am

Sounds like an interesting project, let me know how you go with it!

yeah funny how things never seem to go to plan lol

DiMeTiMe wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 9:03pm

What's up man??

Keep truckin'!!! : peace : ;)

Master Shake wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 3:33pm

Yeah I wont be thowing out that rising strat anytime soon, i started it over a year ago and its still not finished!! Definatley recommend you do something with that old body. The hardest part is just getting everything flat (as i painted it myself with acrylic and im not that flat lol). im not sure how often i will use it when its finished, but i cant wait!
If you do decide to do anything and ever need a hand (although im not sure how) im happy to help :)

Keep Blackmore's music alive!

1 2 read next