Stranglehold

Stranglehold's Profile Comments

VampireGoldfish wrote on May 26th, 2013 9:05pm

Soror Dolorosa - Severance is god damn ace man! Killer stuff. Love the swagger pf Beuau Suicide, unreal track. I need to hear this stuff in the flesh and find myself a copy.

theogonia777 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 10:09pm

Stranglehold wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 4:22pm :
Haha only about 3 weeks man...going well so far, enjoying the power!

That's sort of a relief. I would have felt really silly if you had said like "Uhh, I've been modding for like 7 months now." :haha:

Well good for you. :cheers:

theogonia777 wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 9:07pm

Wow, how long have you been modding for? I just noticed that. I guess probably because I don't post over there in those parts that much. :haha:

Penisaur wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 12:55am

Stranglehold wrote on Feb 11th, 2012 at 5:17pm :
Fuck sakes, really?? That's unreal! Just a one off?

I'll be ok for a shirt my good man, they're coming over here in September so I'll pick one up then...but many cheers!

Alright cool, great live show for sure!

Yep, just this one show. Though apparently they're active again so who knows what the future may hold...

Penisaur wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 10:23pm

Stranglehold wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 6:31pm :
Shit, that'd be deadly! Just post when there's a show coming up and I'll sort you out... cheers boss!

Argus will be playing by me April 21st. I can pick you up a shirt, assuming they will be selling them, which they probably will, if you're still interested. Let me know what size and stuff and I'll hook you up.

By the way, they will be playing that night w/ DREAM DEATH who is doing a one off reunion show. You jelly?

severed-metal wrote on Jan 20th, 2012 2:28pm

Stranglehold wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 2:18pm :
Shit Jon, only saw this now, sorry man!

Haha no problem, I got unbanned and the turnout was decent this time around.

severed-metal wrote on Jan 6th, 2012 2:39pm

Hey Aaron, was wondering if you could make my thread for the metal radio thing. I'm still banned and all that jazz.

http://8tracks.com/severed/a-little-bit-of-metal-a -little-bit-of-rock

There it is if you're interested to give it a listen. The title gives it away though.

Penisaur wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 12:03am

Stranglehold wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 6:31pm :

You got it, chief.

Penisaur wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 2:08am

Stranglehold wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:42pm :
The Argus shirt, where'd you get it??

That's actually my friend, I'm the "creamy" in the middle. But the band was selling it at one of their shows. I actually have a different Argus shirt that's cooler than that one, signed by the entire band, hehe. They always sell a bunch of shirts at their shows, I could pick you up one next time they play by me because they're a local band for me and I've had the pleasure of seeing them live probably 15 times, and they always sell em cheap, like $10. Let me know size and stuff and I would be glad to hook a brother up next time they have a show around me.

Penisaur wrote on Sep 27th, 2011 6:23am

Lux Inframundis just put out that reissue(pre-order I believe) of "Procreation of the Inner Temple." Just thought you might want to know since they're once again only pressing 500 copies so they will go fast!

Penisaur wrote on Sep 18th, 2011 11:49pm

Stranglehold wrote on Sep 18th, 2011 at 8:04am :
Hey man, that's actually a reworking of their previous incarnation, Goat Molestor material... and yeah its worth getting, different style but still some great black metal!

Ohhh I see, I'll check it out then. Hoping for a Grave Miasma full length here soon.

Penisaur wrote on Sep 18th, 2011 1:58am

Have you heard Grave Miasma's second EP "Realm of Evoked Doom." "Exalted Emanation" has recently grown on me (particularly the second half) and I'm considering picking up the 2nd EP if it is worthy of a purchase? Thanks, man!

Born Headless wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 7:49pm

Hey man, I know you're a Thin Lizzy fanatic and you're from Ireland yourself so I thought you could help me out. I have Thunder and Lightning as well as Chinatown already, is all of their material good? What's good/bad and best/worst?

Penisaur wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 2:36am

Stranglehold wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 at 6:39pm :
Cool man! Lets see, Ive been digging these over the last few...years! haha.

Legend - From The Fjords (bootleg, of course)
Ashbury - Endless Skies
Lucifers Friend - s/t
Thin Lizzy - Thunder And Lightning
Gary Moore - Dirty Fingers/Corridors of Power

Enjoy!

Thats all I can think of for now!

Excellent, I'm a proud owner of Thunder And Lightning but the others I will check into immediately. Thanks!

s-o-u-l-f-l-y wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 1:39am

Ahaha, wtf, Why am I in ur sig?

Penisaur wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 2:46am

I forgot to mention, obvious recommendations are welcome, as I really don't listen to anything other than metal and a few older prog rock/classic rock acts.

Penisaur wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 2:45am

Yo yo yo. I'm looking for some good oooold metal or classic rock with some metal elements, ala Rainbow, Wishbone Ash and Blue Cheer. Stuff like that. The reason I ask you, is I remember "discovering" Wishbone Ash's "Argus" from your old Avatar, and that Argus album is so good. So yeah, if you can give me some other stuff like that to check out it would be greatly appreciated as always.

Riffmast wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 10:20am

Hey man, check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbPIz3V3BLQ

The Wildchild wrote on May 18th, 2011 7:26am

Was amused at you going all Machine Head on Clyde's ass, haha!

severed-metal wrote on May 10th, 2011 12:01am

Stranglehold wrote on May 9th, 2011 at 3:45pm :
Hahaha is that the Fox from meet the feebles?

Hell yes it is. I have to thank Moloch Acid Orgy for that, haha