Steve08

Steve08's Profile Comments

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 9th, 2013 3:19pm

Hey. You should PM your phone number so I could text with you, since that would probably be the easiest way to get in touch. Also I've decided to rerecord the two tracks that I already have in Pro Tools, since the sound quality is way better and I have no idea when I'm getting a computer of my own. I'm not at all sure when I'm going to get around to that. At least not for a couple of months most likely.

At this point I'm feeling like it's only going to be 4 tracks totaling about 26 or 27 minutes, though I have a little acoustic instrumental piece that I planned on putting on a Gespenst full length when that finally happens (maybe 2023 at the rate I'm going), but I'm not sure how well it fits in here since the two Gespenst tunes are more on the black metal side of things rather than the folky side.

theogonia777 wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 1:43am

Just thought that I'd wish you an early happy birthday in case Sandy leaves me without technology through Thursday.

theogonia777 wrote on Oct 17th, 2012 5:46pm

I feel like it would almost be easier to just redo all the guitar parts, minus the solo possibly, since I still need to fix a couple of parts anyway. So if I do that I might use Pro Tools, but that means I would have to work at school, which is limiting. Who knows?

theogonia777 wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 5:17pm

So my computer is more or less out of commission for good, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. On the one hand, I could wait until I get a new one and install Cubase on there and work with what I already have, or I could work with Pro Tools at school Which will require either important all the individual takes and piecing them together or outright rerecording all of the rhythm guitar. At the very least, I'm probably not going to get around to it for some time.

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2012 12:04am

Very nice.

I've really been wanting to learn bass for a while, but they're too expensive, and if I'm gonna spend that much on an instrument, I might as well put it towards something that I would use more, like a keyboard. That's the same reason why I don't have a pedal steel guitar either.

Though I'm considering building a four string washtub bass. Not like a silly stick tied to a bucket thing, but like a legit four string set neck with a fingerboard and stuff thing. I could get all the components for under $100 if I don't actually buy real upright bass strings.

The only disadvantage is that it would be difficult to make a properly curved finger board, so I might have to make it flat, and that means a flat bridge and it can't be bowed properly. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 20th, 2012 5:00pm

Drums are the most cool instrument of the jazz catalogue.

Nah. Jazz bass is the best, but drums are a close second, I'll give you that much.

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 10:50pm

Oh yeah, the one thing that I didn't like about the other drum track was that the bass wasn't loud enough, so I had a very hard time mixing it in a way that the bass drum could be heard during the fast parts without the drums getting really muddy or completely overpowering everything. Maybe try making those higher clicky triggered sounding bass drums?

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 10:13pm

Steve08 wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:06pm :
Word, alright, cool, glad ya like it. I'll keep working on it, I hate having stuff remain outstanding so I'm gonna try to dedicate at least a half hour every day to working only on this until it's done.

Sounds like a plan. Wow, the synths sound so bad with GM sounds. :haha:

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 9:55pm

I think I only IMed you with that address, but I haven't used it in forever. I use that other one on Yahoo. So send stuff there. But I got it all right. I'll email an updated version with the rest of the synths that I've added. Sounds good so far.

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 5:29pm

Steve08 wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 2:21am :
Yo man, I'm so sorry you haven't heard from, I haven't checked my profile page in at least a month if not more >_< I feel like a douche now... if you need stuff more stuff done though I gotchu, I've been working on revamping my lifestyle for a while now which involves being significantly more motivated and less lazy... so anything I do now isn't gonna take 1000000000 hours

Let me know. Sorry again.

If you still want to redo the drum track from Cosmic Invaders for now that would be cool. Is it easier to reach you by email? I still have yours if that's better.

theogonia777 wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 4:35am

Want to program some more drums?

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 3:43am

So do you still have any interest in redoing the drum track for Cosmic Invaders?

Chromaticity wrote on May 3rd, 2012 8:21pm

Steve08 wrote on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:00am :
Absolutely dude, and likewise! May I ask if there's any new stuff on the horizon for First Fragment?

Sure. We're currently writing our first full-length album (11 new songs) and we're releasing physical copies of our previous ep in 1 or 2 weeks to collect money for the future recording sessions.

Chromaticity wrote on May 1st, 2012 9:31pm

Haha, thanks man. Nice to meet you.

theogonia777 wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 1:40pm

Steve08 wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:25am :
Yo, just so you know, my laptop recently died which means I haven't been able to get anything done in regards to any sort of musical things... looking into salvaging data from the hard drive and putting it into an external one, though, but even so that'll take a while. Just figured I'd give a slight update haha.

That's fine. I'm not in any rush or anything.

theogonia777 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 3:25pm

Steve08 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 12:38am :
Oh my god

What's that supposed to mean? :haha:

theogonia777 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 5:03am

Steve08 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:31pm :
I barely know anyone on UG outside of the metal forum regs but uhhhh word sounds good! Vocoder is always fun haha

I'm not sure though, but vocoder or not, due to my goofy counter tenor voice type, it'll probably be screechy King Diamond type vocals of course, and based off of the that riff being in A phrygian, I figure I'd probably need to go up to an A5ish. To give you an example, that would be this note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO7TZGgBbOw&ob=av2e &t=2m3s

:haha:

theogonia777 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 2:57am

Steve08 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 8:53pm :
Yeah, slowly but surely, not gonna lie though, I forget a lot of the time but it'll be done soon, I swear haha.

Don't worry, I haven't even written the lyrics yet. I need to get those done. I don't know if you know him, but Ometh offered to do vocals, though I'm going to probably do some clean vocals right before the solo, but maybe with a vocoder since I don't care for my voice.

theogonia777 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 12:00am

Steve08 wrote on Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:23pm :
Ah, okay, nevermind then, yeah talking on UG works fine I just don't check it frequently as I said haha.

And from where I live to like, Hartford is actually less than 2 hours.

It's not like I really need immediate responses for stuff anyway. And that's not that bad. I think Hartford is like an hour and a half from here, so it would probably be about 2:45ish to my school and about 3 hours to my house. By the way, did you ever get anywhere with redoing that drum track?

theogonia777 wrote on Mar 21st, 2012 1:54pm

Yeah, that's definitely a problem, especially considering you're like, 17, and live a good 3 1/2 hours away. And I'm not on FB.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 read next