I've been here nearly a year and a half, I thought I might do a wee bit of blogging. Starting of simply, here is my ideal set of basses
1. A custom fretless Warwick Stryker, bubinga throughout with a tigerstripe fingerboard with side markings and a crudely drawn cock at the twelth fret and greenburst AAAA flamed maple soundboard. Two Seymour Duncan lighting rods with their special fretless tone circuit. The jack would be on the front of the bass, like an SR. 'Factory tuned' C standard with Rotosound Dropzones.
2. A MIA Fender Jazz, 5 string, maple, silverburst, black pickguard. With SDQPs and drop tuners on the B and E strings.
3. An ATK300, exactly the same as my current one but with a drop tuner on the E and a brass nut for extra bite.
4. Rickenbacker 4003, fireglow.
5. Rickenbacker 4003 fretless, jetglow with black pickguard.
6. Ibanez SR5006E
7. Duck Dunn signature Lakland in blue for extra Blues.
8. Buzzard JE, just like the Ox himself used at the Albert Hall where he did his most amazing solo during 5:15.
9. Fitzy's Vampyre, no other will do.
10. An Epiphone Thunderbird, the lowest version so I can work miracles to make it an acceptable bass (hell, even a good bass) just to show Gibson what a bunch of tools they are