Slapp62

Slapp62's Profile Comments

gunther_sucks wrote on Jan 20th, 2011 3:29am

Slapp62 wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 6:22pm :
Awesome, I downloaded the album.

I've just gotten into electronic music recently but I'm gonna start making some stuff. I have a couple song ideas already, we'll see how it pans out.

Awesome dude. Electronic music is super fun. :) Let me know if you have any questions, I'm glad to help you out.

gunther_sucks wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 9:58am

Slapp62 wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:22am :
yo i came to your page totally randomly but i listened to your tracks, totally rippin stuff man, i seriously dig it. crazy electro vibe.

Hey, thanks! I actually have an entire album out, you can download it here.

And if you want, you can join my facebook group. :)

Do you produce electronic music? This album was my first try at it, and it was super fun to make. :D

jof1029 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 7:57am

Slapp62 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 2:51am :
In that case the rules are messed up. The difference between one aspect of a recording being critiqued and a whole recording can become a fine line in a thread. For instance, if that one aspect is the entire mix. And even more so, within a thread the topic of discussion can change so fluidly that it would be hard to decipher which is the actual topic.

The point of the subforums is to showcase and get comments on the recordings. That means everything from playing and composition to mixing and recording methods.

The point of the main forum is to discuss recording gear, recording techniques, mixing methods and similar stuff.

Something like 90%+ of the time, threads about listening to/critiquing a recording belong in the subforums. It is the best way we mods have found to keep things organized and running smoothly. Otherwise the main forum ends up full of people asking for critiques on their mix, as opposed to what the forum is supposed to be for.

jof1029 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 7:40am

I would have been more likely to respond nicely if you hadnt come out and insulted me straight off. Does not make me want to help you.

If you have a specific question on a technique or specific aspect of a mix and are using a recording as an example, it may fit in the top level forum. Anything that is a general "rate my mix" type thread needs to go in the subforum. Its the same for everyone, it isnt like I was doing it just for you.

jof1029 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 7:23am

Slapp62 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 1:55am :
Hey, the reason I put my post up in Recording is because I wasn't asking if people liked my song and thought it was good. I was looking for advice on the RECORDING aspects, I was asking for advice on the technical audio parameters of the mix. Thank you very much for not understanding something that simple and for not helping me improve my knowledge of music. I was going to be nice, but seeing from your wall how many people think your a douche, coupled with this gross misjudgment on your part,I have to agree with them.

all recordings go in the subforum. doesnt matter if you want input on the song or the recording. but you seem too thick to understand that. sorry.

TechnicolorType wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 1:30pm

Slapp62 wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:02am :
just wanted to say thanks for your help in my recent posts getting amp sims running, it was really appreciated.

(I saw your sig

haha, it's just usually like so many people post these real long posts on people's topics and I never see a thank you returned to any of them, including myself. it's just kind of sad how so many people on here give great advice but never receive a simple thanks :[

but anyways. sure thing. anytime <3

food1010 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 12:03am

Slapp62 wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 at 10:15pm :
thanks for those answers on my post, really helped me
No problem! Any time.