SlackerBabbath

SlackerBabbath's Profile Comments

shattamakar wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 6:27pm

Hi Mr. Babby! :)

CrazyMatt wrote on Mar 15th, 2014 7:23pm

Jesus.. I'm normally a very harsh critic when it comes to art but your stuff is just really really amazing!

N_J_B_B wrote on Sep 14th, 2013 5:53am

Hey Slacker,

What do you use to practice painting on? I've been bitten by the bug again but canvases are so expensive (even if I stretch my own). Do you use any alternatives just to practice with?

Cheers

N_J_B_B wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 2:16pm

Just dropping by to check out your paintings again :cheers:

SlackerBabbatha wrote on Apr 29th, 2013 7:36am

jetfuel495 wrote on Apr 28th, 2013 at 6:42pm :
SlackerBabbath wrote on Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:25am :Huh? What spot in what thread?oh, I meant name dropping you in the Islam thread

Oh think nothing of it, you're prefectly welcome to drop my name anywhere you please if it's for the right reason, and that was for the right reason.... and besides, it's not as if I can't back up anything that you said about me. :D

SlackerBabbatha wrote on Mar 27th, 2013 12:49pm

BledGhostWhite wrote on Mar 27th, 2013 at 10:14am :
Your paintings are incredible. I do hope you're making money off those, my friend. Cheers.

Cheers bud.
I actualy do make a little bit of money occasionaly. I'm still going through the process of turning my art into a business, but I seem to get more and more commissions each year since I started promoting myself couple of years ago

BledGhostWhite wrote on Mar 27th, 2013 10:14am

shattamakar wrote on Dec 29th, 2012 12:39pm

I've PM'd you because I don't want the other band to get any ideas. :cheers:

shattamakar wrote on Dec 28th, 2012 5:17pm

This pertains to my particular interests. I may have some good free advise for you. Two important questions.

1) When were you formed and how long before the other band were you formed?

2) Why do you say you have a national reputation as opposed to a local one?

shattamakar wrote on Dec 27th, 2012 2:23pm

Actually, this was what I was referring to with the polystyrene slab thing:

W4RP1G wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 10:19am

Awesome paintings!

shattamakar wrote on Aug 12th, 2012 10:24am

:haha:

Sadly, they've already done the The Librarian. Badly.

Explain to me what this "Full English" business is at that nice looking pub you posted earlier. Does it include Chicken Tikka? *shudder*

Also, you should pick up some Baudrillard. If you already haven't, you'd appreciate him, I'm sure.

SlackerBabbatha wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 9:40am

shattamakar wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:32am :
Agreed.

But, not losing sight of the context....

Well, Jung's book has been described as 'addressing the moral, mythological and psychological implications of the Book of Job'. The way I see it, Jung got one... possibly two... out of three on that score. He nailed the psychological implications, did a pretty good job on the moral implications, but was way off on the mythological implications.
shattamakar wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:33am :

Exactly what I was looking for. :cheers:

Just call me.......(dramatic note)... 'The Librarian'..
...lost as a child, raised by a secret sect of bookworm monks, Slacker became 'The Librarian' in an effort to fight the evil of ignorance in an insane world gone to Hell in a handbasket.

shattamakar wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 10:33am

SlackerBabbath wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 3:49pm :
BTW, if you're interested in ancient Mesopotamian religion and the Book of Job, you might want to look up a text known as 'Ludlul bel nemeqi'. (I Will Praise the Lord of Wisdom) It's a Mesopotamian poem thought to have been written during the reign of the Babylonian king 'Nazi-Maruttaš' (1307–1282 BC) and many scholars consider the Book of Job to have possibly been based upon it.

Exactly what I was looking for. :cheers:

shattamakar wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 10:32am

Agreed.

But, not losing sight of the context, I was thoroughly fascinated by Jung's ability to place himself in that perfect analytical position.. I felt that the point of the book was to not come to a theological, or for that matter, even a logical conclusion as to the nature of God. Jung was aiming at the man experiencing "God". Becoming Job himself, riding the waves of reactionary outrage, despair and finally that cosmic calm, so to speak, was quite the brilliant role-play, and self study. In fact, he proclaims his intention of using the "God", the divine experience as a mirror into the human psyche at the very beginning of the book.

In that context, the story felt like a study into the smooth resolution of cognitive dissonance.

shattamakar wrote on Aug 5th, 2012 10:28am

Ordered both books. Thanks, Babby.

Here's a thoughtful, if I do say so myself, recommendation for your reading pleasure:

C.G Jung- Answer to Job.

Quite genius.

SlackerBabbatha wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 9:38am

intheshadowplay wrote on Jul 30th, 2012 at 4:49pm :
Hey brother, would you do me a favor and tell me the name of the musician you posted as an example of not needing expensive gear to make good music? I wanna get a piece of this.

Certainly, he's called 'Seasick Steve' and you can find out all about him here: http://www.seasicksteve.com/

intheshadowplay wrote on Jul 30th, 2012 5:49pm

Arby911 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 3:56pm

SlackerBabbath wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:19am :
Computer died last Friday, while I was actualy writing a repy to your post in the R&P thread. (so really, it's all your fault, lol)
Had to wait for it to be fixed, turned out it needed a new PSU.

Understood, put it on my tab...

I was concerned because you hadn't indicated an extended absence and while I often disagree with your literary methods and conclusions, I enjoy your intellect and wit.

Glad you're back.

SlackerBabbatha wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 8:28am

shattamakar wrote on Jul 18th, 2012 at 7:56pm :
Mr. Babby!

Could you suggest me some books on ancient religious history that I should blow a modest pay check on?

How ancient? Not before El and not after Allah.

If you could recommend some books on Sumerian culture, that would be sexy.

Thanks,
Shat.

"The Sumerians: Their History, Culture and Character " by Samuel Noah Kramer.
And although it's not strictly just about the Sumerians, I'd thoroughly recommend "The Anvil of Civilization" by Leonard Cottrell, just because it gives a good all round view of the ancient Middle East and Mediterranean.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next