Skater901

Skater901's Profile Comments

XanatosSic wrote on May 28th, 2012 3:20pm

Thanks for rating my Adrenaline Mob's "Undaunted" tab!!!

Honey Bunny wrote on Oct 2nd, 2010 9:29am

hey hey thanx 4 ur comments much appreciated (I need all the help I can get lol)
Cheers = : )

Fassa Albrecht wrote on Oct 1st, 2010 8:22pm

Skater901 wrote on Oct 1st, 2010 at 4:09am :
Elizabeth Peart, I lol'd. You have name hax.

Nope, that's my actual name.

lukas.guitar wrote on Mar 19th, 2010 2:04pm

why do u have skater bla bla bla as a frofile name when u dont skate? u are strange!

jbridge90 wrote on Dec 9th, 2009 2:18pm

Congratulations, you are my first +1

Colohue wrote on Nov 18th, 2009 2:25pm

PS: You never delivered on your PaulxAlly piece. :p

I did actually, you just didn't follow my blogs on the matter. ;)

LexxyThirteen wrote on Jul 19th, 2009 12:27pm

Skater901 wrote on Jul 18th, 2009 at 9:28pm :
I guess, but I just think there's too many pop bands around, where as I don't know of any bands that sound like the S.C.I.E.N.C.E and Fungus Amongus albums. That said, I do like Anna Molly and Nice To Know You.

I do agree with that, but even if Incubus was a pop band, I dont think Ive ever heard a pop band that'd be quite like them. And I have to say that Anything and Talk Shows On Mute are two of my favorites.

LexxyThirteen wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 1:39pm

Skater901 wrote on Jul 11th, 2009 at 10:16am :
You! You are seeing Incubus!! I am jealous. *insert angry face*

Well. Only if they're playing the old stuff. New poppy stuff is eh, old funk metal stuff is pure win.

Guilty as charged. :D

Yeah, I'm seeing them, but I think even if I didn't want to, I would be. Haha. My mom is a huuge fan of them, and I was basically listening to them on the car ride home from the hospital when I was born.

But I get what you mean about the new poppier stuff. I've grown to like the few new songs on Monuments and Melodies, though. But the Prince cover made me start giggling uncontrollably. Even if it is poppier then the funk they used to do, no one can deny that Brandon's lyrics haven't dropped in quality at all.

But hey. -shrug- it's better then them just doing the same old tricks over again.

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 12:01pm

Skater901 wrote on May 31st, 2009 at 11:50pm :

Sup?

oh not too much, you?

InvaderTSN wrote on May 23rd, 2009 4:00am

Skater901 wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 12:08am :

No problems. Glad you got it fixed. Out of curiosity, did you find out what the problem was?

I went to the Realtek audio manager thing and turned off the stereo mix in the mixer section.

InvaderTSN wrote on May 22nd, 2009 12:28am

Skater901 wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 9:45pm :

Happened to see your comments about your mic problem. If it was a problem with your mic sound being mixed in with your general sound I'd say you've probably got your mic plugged into the line in input on your computer, but it's not. So my advice is, re-install your sound drivers. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea.

Don't worry about that. I got the problem fixed awhile ago. Thanks anyway, though.

blood_and_gold wrote on May 14th, 2009 9:26am

Skater901 wrote on May 14th, 2009 at 3:41am :

Hmm, maybe I didn't pay enough attention in English class. Who needs good grammar when you're a rocker anyway?

Well, I dunno, I have a different opinion on that, but either way, background would be good. (Y)

I'm a writer before a rocker. ;) Always have been, so I have to be careful.

It's an odd one. There's no one theory for every person but in Liv and Maddy's case I was just love, regardless of gender. :) Don't worry about the background, you will get what you need from one of the upcoming pieces. But I probably will elaborate on it in a blog special anyway. :)

blood_and_gold wrote on May 13th, 2009 8:38pm

Skater901 wrote on May 13th, 2009 at 12:49pm :

Why not? Why not slip it into the story at some stage? Someone says a comment, and it takes them back to where it all began... *cue time travel music* Presto! Flashback time.

And yeah I'm definitely interested to find out how a pair like them could possibly even think of being attracted to girls considering their influences.

Yeah, every English teacher I've ever had has warned me against doing that. I find it a very weak narrative device. I would consider the characters having a conversation about it but the full flashback deal is not something I'd do. It's one of those things that only works for certain stories.

The thing about sexuality is that it isn't really something you think about. It's something you are, something that happens. You can come from any background, any walk of life but if you're attracted to the same sex then you're attracted to the same sex.

blood_and_gold wrote on May 12th, 2009 11:24pm

Skater901 wrote on May 12th, 2009 at 7:01pm :

Just a note about your series: I think you should do something on the origins of Maddy and Liv's relationship, how they became attracted to each other that way, how they even discovered they were attracted to girls, and things like that. After all, if their parents had it their way they'd both probably never have even considered the possibility and just got boyfriends instead. Just a thought.

Funny you should say that, I have been thinking about doing such a thing. It'd have to be done via my blog of course, but I think it would be nice. :) Glad to know someone's interested at least.

high_vol_tage wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 5:36pm

Hi Skater901 your page is not as empty as mine! Thank you for your comment. See you soon! I'll try to be on earlier ...

seth's daddy wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 10:14am

Skater901 wrote on Oct 29th, 2008 at 11:11am :

Dude, your musical interests are extremely diverse. I think you and I shall get along quite well. =D

Good to hear from you. Yea, I like pretty much anything but Pop and Rap. One of the guys on your list that I really like but have only heard a little bit is Guthrie Govan. I saw some a couple of videos of him on-line, and was floored. Very tasteful and expressive player. Are there any specific recordings of his you'd recommend? There's another guy you'd probably like, Todd Duane. He was my room mate for awhile when I was going to school. He is totally sick. I know he has at least one recording out on Shrapnel Records.
Tell me more about the school you're going to. What do you want to do with your education?
Talk to you later, God bless, Steve

Freepower wrote on Oct 27th, 2008 11:27pm

Still alive? :p

Are you well?

jsantos wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 4:28pm

Hey man! thnx for the ad! I enjoy your playing.

XxLloydxX wrote on Oct 5th, 2008 5:35pm

Skater901 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 at 12:42am :

Hey man. What's happening?

Ahaha nothing, just practicing guitar and worrying about fucking school. You?

The Progfather wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 2:22pm

Skater901 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 at 11:06am :

Hey man, you've got some awesome music on your page. I'm really digging those songs. (Y)

Cheers man, much appreciated, those were somg songs i was working on with my last band which unfortunately seems to be on an indefinate hiatus for now :(

1 2 3 4 5 6 read next