Sid McCall

Sid McCall's Profile Comments

Isakale wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 11:03pm

Thanks for the help!

Artemis Entreri wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 9:54pm

Hey, so a while ago you convined me to get the FC1 mk.ii and I have used it on all of my recordings since. I thought I'd let you know I picked up a matched set of FC4s too and they are fantastic as well.

Take a listen if ya want!

Nccdaley wrote on Jul 3rd, 2010 6:47am

City Lights II is pretty dope dude, gotta give it to ya, Makes ya wonder.

ApexMACHINE wrote on May 22nd, 2010 1:36am

Sid McCall wrote on May 21st, 2010 at 11:04pm :
hey, thanks a bunch! It's always nice to see someone else around who knows what they're doing in the studio contributing to R&R discussions. looking forward to seeing you around!

Thanks dude. I shall try my best to convey some of my jury-rigged hair-brain ideas to people in the forums.

ApexMACHINE wrote on May 22nd, 2010 12:02am

Your musical vision is incredible. I really liked City Lights and Coffee Break. Cheers dude.

fobsternd wrote on Jan 10th, 2010 7:01am

awesome music man!

eberg2 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 8:50pm

Hey, I'm having trouble with reaper, I got all the devices and everything setup, but whenever I record, after I stop recording it says error opening recorded media, when it is recording it shows waveform and everything and whenever I import an mp3 or wav file it says error opening media
and one other question about midi controllers, does it matter really what brand, and with Kontakt I know it selects the octave it will play at for you in the program, but would I need a full keyboard just a little like 2 octave one and as long as I hit that note Kontakt would recognize it as the octave for that instrument?

thanks again

One on Sunday wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 2:34am

Thanks a ton, glad you like it :D. Thanks for the tips, I'll keep those things in mind.

For the part you're talking about, i just played everything in that lead manually. Its just simply A G and F over and over again. I went through a huge phase in my guitar playing where i was obsessed with tremolo picking triplets, so my fingers are pretty used to the pattern :p: . In the part where it breaks, again i just played it manually, switching from AGF to EDC (cleaning it up a lot, its a hard run!).

One on Sunday wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 5:24pm

Hey, I put a song on my profile. Tell me what you think, any tips or advice are totally welcome.

MattTravis wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 1:14pm

Nice, real nice, you obviously know a hell of a lot about teching out music. Ithink you should try doing some faster more Muse style stuff, you've got that kind of sound with your tracks, but fresh.

One on Sunday wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 4:44am

Hey man, I don't know if you remember but you answered my thread about getting a midi keyboard (called Electronic Time, iirc..). Just letting you know, I ended up getting a secondhand m-audio Axiom 49 for $185 (just as good as new, too) with ableton live 8, and I could not be more pleased with the gear and my results :D. So just giving you thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it really helped.

I'll hit you up with a youtube or myspace link once I get around to uploading one of the songs I made.

Artemis Entreri wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 8:37pm

Hey, I figured I'd tell you I just received that mic in the mail and I love it. I have yet to get a sound out of it that I like, but I can tell that it's a really nice mic and I'll grow into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

MattTravis wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 5:05pm

do you just like sying on me or what? add me as a friend please :)

MattTravis wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 2:13pm

Yeah, Game on has got that feel to it. Are you just a mixer or do you actually write notation?

Artemis Entreri wrote on Dec 4th, 2009 9:10pm

Those tracks sound really nice. I think I just found my new condenser mic haha. And I'll check out those tracks on your profile right now.

What program are you recording with? And with an interface? I mean, I assume you're in a studio of some sort.

AND. If you wouldn't mind, could you record an electric guitar with as little processing as you can get away with. And could you also just speak into it?
I really appreciate your help!

Artemis Entreri wrote on Dec 4th, 2009 7:44pm

Haha. I recognize your first song from garageband. I just made something like that. Can you tell me more about this golden age mic? I'm interested, but I don't want to drop 100 without even hearing it. Could you record something with it?

Woogles wrote on Aug 9th, 2009 8:39pm

You suckkkkkk

SLD.Potato wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 4:34pm

I saw a post you made a while ago about mix tapes. My friend made me one, and yes, they are awesome! Anybody who says else wise doesn't know what they're talking about!

P.S. I love The Weakerthans.

demitriv wrote on May 23rd, 2009 11:23pm

Sid McCall wrote on May 6th, 2009 at 3:45pm :

Do you also love turning a seemingly harmless knob a fraction of a millimeter and having complete and utter chaos wreak havoc on your ear drums? This pedal is scary as hell, and it is extremely difficult to get classic vintage fuzz sounds. It's basically chaos and disorder. Once you learn how to use it (not control it, that's not an option) it turns out to be pretty handy. It nails the muse tone, but make sure to write EVERYTHING down. You will NOT find the same sound twice unless you write it down, I guarantee it.

Thank you very much.

ShaunDiel wrote on May 19th, 2009 1:37am

Hey man,

I'm banned at the moment but I just heard your bands cover of Little Wing, really sick man. Probably the best Little Wing cover I've ever heard. Your lead guitarist is absolutely insane.

Keep it up.