Sheppola

Sheppola's Profile Comments

jacks2axe wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 6:51am

very good songwriting mate, you have a good voice too, curse the iron maidens for topping you :)

Sheppolaa wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 2:54pm

I've made a very minimal and cheap recording setup.Basically just Reaper DAW($50),

Toneport GX(With free modelling software_
http://line6.com/podstudiogx/index.html?utm_source =Index&utm_medium=DropDown&utm_campaign=PODStudioG X

Behringer XM8500(SM58 clone) and cheap condenser mic

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Behringer -Ultravoice-XM8500~id~1156.asp

and my guitars.The GX has amps and models to do the guitars/bass and mic pre=amps.Absolute bargain!!!!!!!!!!

bastratard wrote on Dec 26th, 2008 3:14pm

I use a digitech gnx4 to record everything. I use a zoom mrt3 drum machine for drumming. the main problem with this is that when I record that way it comes out just right sometimes but at other times its either too fast or too slow. Like the recorder isnt tracking correctly. A couple of years ago I found that if I recorded just the guitar or bass then upload and let the computer play while I use the drum machine and record to gnx4, then upload, record something else, upload, record, upload, it would track correctly. But thats a slight hassle when I really dont have much time to do stuff like that anymore. So now I just record it a couple of times, find whats close and cut copy paste and get it at least close. Yeah it sucks but hey, Im not recording for the masses, (YET!!). For the mixing I use Sonar 6. After 20 years I should have more and better stuff than a b.s. mrt3 machine wouldnt you think?

Aditya wrote on Dec 25th, 2008 2:52pm

very very tight playing! some of the tightest and best composed on the site i'd say.

812many wrote on Dec 2nd, 2008 2:44am

Thanks for the crit man. Nice tunes, sounds real tight, nice use of effects. Interesting stuff.

Sheppolaa wrote on Nov 30th, 2008 2:39am

No I've not but I like Ry Cooder and will try and find a version to listen to :)

Al scouse wrote on Nov 29th, 2008 4:05pm

have you heard a song called feelin bad blues I think its by rycooder one of the best guitarists ever