Sean0913

Sean0913's Profile Comments

StayBlack wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 7:39pm

You were asking about how to make a conference call in the "music theory memorization thread" so you could give us interested the demo lesson on the subject for anyone interested. I suggest go to tinychat.com and click on the "instant chatroom" button. You get a url to a video chatroom and you can pretty easily/intuitively set a webcam and/or mic session. Then give that url to people who want to come and watch/chat/talk. No pain in the ass adding tons of people on skype.

Guitar2320 wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 4:37pm

Awesome, it’s going to be a new social platform for free learning and we’re looking for experts like yourself to add their input. Let me know what you think as any feedback would be incredible. You could even link some videos of your own to the playlist (which would help give you more traffic).
http://www.mentormob.com/index.php/publicPages/wel come/guitar/guitar10071811_0/0

Sean0913a wrote on Jun 30th, 2011 11:00pm

DimebagZappa wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 at 1:08pm :
Thats too bad, The site seems adament that theory can be taught easily.
My teacher dosent teach me much theory and I have a hard time applying what I've learnt from books and online. Maybe one day I'll sign up when I have comp. axx.

Thanks for the comment. I don't know if I'd agree that it's easy, but its not as hard as it's traditionally taught, that's for sure. If you ever have any questions about it, I'd be happy to help where I can. I hope someday we'll find a way to reach people on Ipad's but to be honest, I'm not going for mass domination, just opening up beyond the doors of my real school a little, helping those in need. However, that said, I refuse to run it where I cannot personally oversee every student's progress. One of my core values is absolute commitment to help my students, be they in China or in person.

DimebagZappa wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 6:08pm

Thats too bad, The site seems adament that theory can be taught easily.

Sean0913a wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 4:14pm

DimebagZappa wrote on Jun 24th, 2011 at 7:08pm :
I also randomly clicked your sig but I cant watch the videos.
Even though I am very intrigued Im not buying a computer just to take lessons.
Are all your lessons flash based or will anything actually work on iPhone?

No, unfortunately nothing is in the works in the near future to bring this to the iPhone. I wish you the best of luck in the future. There are no plans to make this a mass reaching course. In fact I'm soon going to be freezing enrollment, as I feel that after a certain number of students, my ability to personally oversee their progress and attend to them, begins to diminish. 120 students will be the cutoff, and then the site will be closed to new enrollments.

DimebagZappa wrote on Jun 25th, 2011 12:08am

I also randomly clicked your sig but I cant watch the videos.
Even though I am very intrigued Im not buying a computer just to take lessons.
Are all your lessons flash based or will anything actually work on iPhone?

Sean0913a wrote on Apr 13th, 2011 2:32pm

blizzboy wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 4:45pm :

Cool, I'll do the best I can to help! If you have any questions, let me know! :)

Sean

blizzboy wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 9:45pm

I randomly saw your sig and thought I'd check out that teaching site. I think, once I get the income (interview on Tuesday), I'll look into enrolling. I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now, and my knowledge of theory isn't nearly as in depth as I want it to be, and from what I've seen this will help me quite a bit :)

gavk wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 8:19pm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?p=26495709#post26495709

hey sean, i saw you in the musicians talk forum a good bit and the mentor blog and thought you might be able to help! that's just a link to a thread i started in the acoustic place but didn't know if you'd see it there cos your usually in the mt! any help'd be appreciated! a bit more of the background is that i started off on guitar and all, and did composition in college, i took up piano a few years ago and now nearly everything i write seems to be on it, i just seem to be able to express myself easier on it, but i still love the guitar and wanna get back into it and start writing guitar music again. i think if i could get good articles and music in the style i'm more into, the acoustic end of things, it might help us get back writing for the guitar. anyway sorry for the long post for a fairly short question and thanks in advance!

loinmute wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 11:55am

Hey Sean,
I am going to start by learning ALL the notes on the fretboard.

zhilla wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 3:22pm

Sean0913 wrote on Oct 1st, 2010 at 3:31pm :
Hey girl, havent seen you in a while, hope things are going well for you.

Sean
Hi Sean - I'm pregnant :) I spent the first few months throwing up all day everyday lol so havent been on much. Am just getting back into playing properly so might be on a bit more now :) How are ya?

Sean0913a wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 12:59pm

I cant even find the original article.

No no no I didnt write it, thats why I d be writing a lesson to correct all that went wrong and misinformed so many about Modes.

Anyone know where that article is?

yM.Samurai wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 4:07pm :
yM.Samurai wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:04pm :

When's the next mode article coming up? Really impatient now, as the last one left a lot of loose ends.

Oh.
Misread the below comment.
And thought you were the one who wrote the article...
*peace*

yM.Samurai wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 9:07pm

yM.Samurai wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:04pm :

Oh.
Misread the below comment.
And thought you were the one who wrote the article...
*peace*

yM.Samurai wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 9:04pm

Hell yes! Another Australian. And he knows what he's talking about, too.
Gotta love this...

Sean0913a wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 9:13pm

speeddemon93 wrote on Oct 5th, 2010 at 3:40pm :
Hey,
After reading your comment on the "myths about modes" article, I think I would be really great if you could write a lesson or article maybe explaining why some of those things are not myths, and trying to explain what modes really are! I don't know if you want to do that or not, but I know there would be a LOT of people out there who could benefit from it if you could.
--Kyle

That's not a bad idea. Maybe I can call it "Myths about Myths about Modes" :)

speeddemon93 wrote on Oct 5th, 2010 8:40pm

Hey,
--Kyle

DiminishedFifth wrote on Oct 1st, 2010 8:56pm

Thank you for the comment man! You're not the first person to mention it sounding like Ron Jarzombek :haha: Which is odd, since this song was written when I listened to SikTh a lot and not Blotted Science.

That's GP5 RSE. I don't have any recording equipment :/ I can play it if I need to though. I just have to relearn it since it's been so long since I tried.

Sean0913a wrote on Oct 1st, 2010 4:29pm

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm just a regular dude, trying my best to help others. Any accomplishments I have are because what I teach really works, but its the students that put their faith in me, that made it all possible. My reward is watching they get excited as they become transformed into real thinking musicians, not just guitar players.

Carswell98 wrote on Sep 15th, 2010 at 2:56pm :
haven't seen you around before, you seem a tad too mature and accomplished to be on this site though, most of us are just guitar hacks with no life, lol.

I enjoyed your song.

Sean0913a wrote on Oct 1st, 2010 4:57am

mdc wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:56am :
Hi Sean, thanks for your effort, that got me started on it and I managed to get a decent way through. You were the only one!

I'm honored to have had the opportunity to help. Your gratitude is my reward. :)

Carswell98 wrote on Sep 15th, 2010 7:56pm