SchmifftyFive

SchmifftyFive's Profile Comments

zach in black wrote on May 21st, 2011 11:18pm

Thanks for the advice. I've been thinking about getting someone else to do vocals with me because of my limited range. And I'll try doing the vocals on a separate track than the guitar, because I usually just record using one mic for both.
And if you ever want me to check some of your stuff out again, just tell me

the_white_bunny wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 10:32pm

SchmifftyFive wrote on Mar 18th, 2011 at 12:15pm :
B isn't so flat:
I enjoyed this, and I'm shocked at how clear everything sounds. It's very tranquil, and i'm assumming that's the direction you're going with the piece. However, it seems like the song never quite goes anywhere. It starts, and ends, with alot of pleasant but indistinguishable pieces in the middle. I'd recommend a triangle structure for this song: have a Part A where you start, build up to a Part B that's a pit different in intensity, round off to a Part C which then mellows out into the original Part A. This is just an idea, and you certainly are more well-versed in soundscapes than I am. Good luck!

thank you very much for the comment dude, when i get some time ill check out your songs too.

katphish wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 5:05pm

Oh yeah, wanted to say that you should upload all your tracks somewhere so I can put them on my mp3 player. Unless you ain't into that sort of thing :P

Seriously though!

katphish wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 5:04pm

I always come back to listen to your stuff dude, love it.

henkka_potku wrote on Jul 16th, 2010 10:39pm

I highly value your crit, and I thought I could slap some minimalistic rhythms to the body of my acoustic guitar.
I'd get a shamanistic drum of some sort if I found one...

mexicanmidget88 wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 6:33pm

Hey thanks for the crit! I think that was the most full crit I've gotten haha.
As for clean, I have no idea. I use a rockband mic, and I put a sock over it, then I put it in a candle stick holder as a stand, then I record it haha! WIth either audacity, or garage band. Depending on where I am.

tai1221 wrote on May 5th, 2010 4:17am

SchmifftyFive wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 at 10:02am :
Coldplay is awesome! Parachutes is great, but my favorite song is actually "Swallowed in the Sea". Nobody really knows that one, but I think it's friggin awesome!
I have that one, to be honest I don't listen to it much though hehe

tai1221 wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 5:18am

I also just noticed you also like coldplay, thats pretty rare on this site hehe. I think they are pretty good, my favorite will always be Parachutes though

tai1221 wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 5:15am

Thanks for adding me dude. Hope all is well, see ya later

DAhammar96 wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 3:10am

SchmifftyFive wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:50pm :
thanks for the feedback! Obviously, I'm gonna rework this, but I just wanted to know if it was even worth working on. As for your question: you can cover any song you want, just make sure you list it as a cover. you only get in trouble when you try to pass off someone elses stuff as your own creative invention
thats aight i hope i wosent offensive in uuuuhhhhh rating (ispose) ur song

DAhammar96 wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 4:31am

i put it in comments

DAhammar96 wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 4:16am

SchmifftyFive wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 12:47pm :
Hey, could you possibly give me a critique on a song my friend me to write from one of her poems? It's a rough first take, but I just want to know if it gives off a "good vibe". The song is called "Leo and Penelope" and thanks in advance
yup sure

DAhammar96 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 2:07am

heyo thnx 4 adding me as a friend

Thomasoman wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 4:28am

Listening to wounded bird, You've got a good voice this kind of music, its VERY feel good and its honestly just what I was in the mood for right now. Reminds me a bit of bright eyes, I suppose. In the sense that it's very sweet and sincere feeling.

Alright, 11:45. Much more solid production and vocals. Like wow, beautiful voice man. Once again, you do that quivery voice thing sometimes that reminds me of bright eyes, which is a good thing in my opinion, makes it sound very emotional. I think this is honestly one of my favorites on UG at the moment. I'm curious, how long have you been singing and have you ever had any kind of vocal training?

enraged_waffle wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 12:37am

SchmifftyFive wrote on Sep 4th, 2009 at 9:51pm :
Just figured you'd like to know that someone actually read all of the "bio" thing you wrote. And yes, I'm VERY bored, but I did lul a few times

well im just glad that i could provide you those few luls.

Anticrombie23 wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 4:10am

cont'd...

And haha, no joke the spider is seriously sick, like I got it when I started playing like 6 months in, and it's a godsend since I really didn't know how to develop a tone, not that I can even really do that a whole ton now. But yeah, it's cool to find someone in similar standings man!

Anticrombie23 wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 4:10am

SchmifftyFive wrote on Aug 27th, 2009 at 8:24am :
I think I've been to Naperville before, but I sadly have no clue where Oak Forest is. Thanks alot for taking the time to listen too! To answer your question: I'm completely self taught. I don't even have any DVD lessons or anything. Lately I've been learning just by playing with other musicians, which I would at least LIKE to think is a good method. How did you learn to play?

Well i'm somewhat self taught, and I have a few months of being taught by a few instructors, but I just don't have the cash right now since i'm headed to college this year. And yeah, the only thing I haven't really done is play with other musicians...i'm hoping in college i'll find some people that I can jam with. But yeah, the les paul is working pretty well for what I play ( I mean I always am looking starry-eyed at all the guitars on the wall at guitar center) but it works for me.

Anticrombie23 wrote on Aug 27th, 2009 3:02am

Too bad you don't live closer to me man, from what I have read and listened to (btw your songs are much better than you think they are) you seem like a pretty solid dude and we'd mesh well. I don't know if you know where oak forest is, or naperville, but I think i'm like a solid few hour drive from you. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how did you learn to play guitar? I'm just very, very curious of other musicians. Keep rocking man, Josh.

kr46 wrote on Aug 26th, 2009 10:34pm

Thank you for f/r ...Its a pleasure to hear good honest music..I will return ...peace

hunter260859 wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 10:49pm

Awesome that you're turrning 17, happy birthday to you then. I know how that feels i normally go back either the day of my birthday or the day after.

1 2 read next