Sasms

Sasms's Profile Comments

HeavyMetalDude1 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 5:58pm

EMGG wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 7:04pm :
Hey how is it that you have all that gear and you haven't even been born???? (it says 2029 in you prof. if I'm not blind)

hahah just joking!
Sasms wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 7:19am :
Hey, can't believe the amount of guitars you have! Your so lucky, a White/Black AND a Black/Yellow Alexi Lahio Esp!!! (Plus all those other guitars)

Can you please rate my covers? Thanks dude...

Spoony_Bard wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 8:19am

...So I found this, haha.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php? p=18831193&postcount=149

It says you were in the late group, but I guess out of the late people, you got a majority of the votes. I don't know what they do with the late group, though.

Spoony_Bard wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 8:12am

Sasms wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 12:10am :

Hey, when do we get the results if our song got onto the album or not? (I'm assuming you know as you were one of the judges)

I actually do not know, haha. It doesn't take much to be a judge. I would PM GlensHeroicAct about it. He's the boss of the whole competition.

I'll let you know if I find out, though. I'll check now.

sam b wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 12:06pm

I see. Tough, you're not having it :p

Nah, you're younger, so you stole mine

Spoony_Bard wrote on Feb 24th, 2009 9:38pm

Sasms wrote on Feb 24th, 2009 at 4:33am :

Ha! your FIRST recording is called the FINAL Cut!......yeah...

GOOD GOD you're right...TIME PARADOX...!

Haha, but to be fair, it's a cover...so I didn't have much choice but to use the name of the song.

I liked your contest entry. I was doing judging so I was listening to your stuff. Sounds killer, man.

sam b wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 12:17pm

And that is..? :p

I did no such thing :mad: You stole my name.

Rubbersoul 065 wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 2:34am

Still Dark is pretty sweet dude

wiggyisgreat wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 1:51pm

hey man did you write and play Still Dark? That's pretty impressive for someone of your age. Nice one :p

matti_g_69 wrote on Jan 10th, 2009 7:23am

oii write up the tab 4 the buskin song on power, ur part and mi part, so i can learn mine, and play it along wif urz on da comp

Xiaoxi wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 4:30am

Merry Christmas.

Your rendition of Teen Spirit is refreshing during the new bridge section. It sounds like you're playing with a live band and the other players are generally consistent. However, during the livelier sections, you guys need to work on really getting the rhythm hits and accents tighter and more in sync. Also, when you're playing an instrumental-only interpretation of a vocal oriented piece, I strongly suggest arranging the music in ways that will fill the void from the lack of vocals. Put some fills in those sections and make those sections very instrumental driven, otherwise it just sounds empty. The new bridge was a good example of what you should achieve, and take that kind of concept into the verses and choruses. Also, it would be a bonus if you guys start getting some proper recording gear and start getting experience with basic recording and mixing techniques.

Xiaoxi wrote on Dec 18th, 2008 11:45pm

Sasms wrote on Dec 17th, 2008 at 6:35pm :

Hey, I was recently filmed for a TV program in Australia, and i asked the microphone guy what type of microphone to buy for recording songs and stuff and he said to get the Shure SM-57 which I just realised you have. Coinsadence much!!?!?!?
SM-57's are very common in the field of recording and production, so it's not that big of a coincidence.

Xiaoxi wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 8:49am

Well, since you're using direct mic, it's probably something within the program. You have adjust the buffer size and things like that. This is a pretty gray area for me as well so I'm afraid you'll just have to go to Help -> Topics and search there.

Xiaoxi wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 11:35am

And about Shades of Grey...

I wrote and recorded this song 2 years ago. At the time I was really to prog rock/metal and that kind of stuff. But since then I've changed a lot, stylistically. You've probably noticed already from the other stuff I've done, haha.

I probably won't be writing music that's exactly in the style of Shades of Grey in the future, but hopefully I'll be able to put out something that's similar but more refined and enhanced based on my current interests and skills.

Xiaoxi wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 11:29am

For the recordings I have up, I used Calkwalk Sonar. Your delay problem may have something to with buffer size and latency. What are you recording through?

matti_g_69 wrote on Oct 11th, 2008 2:50am

put da dam song on man

Xiaoxi wrote on Oct 11th, 2008 2:19am

Cool. I'm not a fan of EMG's but to each his own. :)

Xiaoxi wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 10:08am

It's a good guitar. I switched out the pickups a few times. I put in a Duncan Hotrail in the neck and initially a JB in the bridge. I switched that out for a DiMarzio Evo.

But these days I don't use the Jackson much at all. I'm much more focused on jazz and I like my hollow and semi-hollow body a lot more. The Jackson actually feels a little weird to me now because it has 9's and a thin neck while my jazz guitars have 11's flatwound and a fairly thick neck.

matti_g_69 wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 8:15am

Hey Sam, wat u up 2?

Xiaoxi wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 6:33am

Thanks for your kind words!