Sanctus Ignis

Sanctus Ignis's Profile Comments

kdownes wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 3:36am

+ 2 to your favs and welcome to Prog Rock/Metal.

rush4life wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 8:57pm

Wow. I've got some serious work to do I guess...

BFun wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 9:42am

Holy Crap. Thats friggin crazy. Volodos's transcription is quite similar in the way the main melody is alternated between left and right hands, i havent seen the score but my piano teacher played an excerpt to me. On the topic of impossible pieces, have you heard Feux Folles/Foiles/Follies? (i cant spell it :()

BFun wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 7:43am

true... but i much rather pogorelich (is that how you spell it) to Kissin. Gilels is awesome too.

Volodo's bumblebee is about 5x harder than the original, if you can believe that. I havent hearf Cziffen's, but since im not capped anymore, its off to limewire :P

BFun wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 11:40pm

I dont know why you put Evgeny Kissin up there with your favourite "bands" lol. Personally i dont like his style, about 15x too fast most of the time.

You heard Volodos' Turkish March? I want to learn that one, one day. His flight of the Bumblebee too :D

BFun wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 2:55am

sweet, let me know when you do :)

mr kipling wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 12:06am

nice bluesy playing there. I thought it sounded quite smooth.

BFun wrote on Sep 29th, 2007 4:36am

heh, thanks. Although I'm playing a "duet" with someone else im my year who thinks its cool to do a few GLISSANDOS during Moondance -_-

U have any performances coming up? Or maybe a vid of yourself on YouTube? I wanna see your playing :P

BFun wrote on Sep 28th, 2007 7:49am

oh ok, ill check that ou, thanks.

i wont get those pieces for a bit tho, im capped atm -_-

oh btw, im playing in the Manly Jazx Festival on Monday, its the biggest Jazz festival in Australia, wish me luck lol :D

HawkaLuigi wrote on Sep 28th, 2007 12:19am

i will.

HawkaLuigi wrote on Sep 27th, 2007 11:42pm

AAC

what are you getting on to?

BFun wrote on Sep 27th, 2007 9:47pm

No, actually... ive never heard of him, i should check him out. Usually I dont stray too far from the greats like Bach and Mozart lol.

p.s. if you dont know already... www.sheetmusicarchive.net

awesome for free music

rush4life wrote on Sep 26th, 2007 10:46pm

Good luck with that one my friend. Just promise me you'll play it all from memory. :P

rush4life wrote on Sep 25th, 2007 1:44pm

There must be a point where that transforms from music to torture, lol.

rush4life wrote on Sep 24th, 2007 11:15pm

It's an amazing piece. I saw it performed live a few years ago by pianist named Michael Kim. It was amazing, plus I'm always impressed by people who memorize those really long ones...

Chris Buono wrote on Sep 24th, 2007 10:03pm

Ever look at New England Conservatory?

rush4life wrote on Sep 24th, 2007 3:31am

Ha, I started learning Valse Oubliee this year, but university has restricted my access to a piano. I also want to learn Liebestraum. I also noticed you like Mussorgsky, have you tried your hand at Pictures at an Exhibition yet?

rush4life wrote on Sep 23rd, 2007 5:38pm

Ahhh. I love that part! It's one of my favourites. I've always been into that kind of acrobatics (crossing over and large jumps, etc.), so I really learned that part well. I like feeling like I'm showing off.. (no wonder I like Liszt so much..). But as for advice on that part, just make sure the left hand maintains itself the whole way through. You shouldn't have to think about it it all.

It's a lot easier when the left just goes on autopilot, leaving you with plenty of time to think about your right, which is really the important part here. Try to make sure the melody flows from the lower part to the high, without any noticiable gaps in the sound. Also practicing the jumps from the lower right hand, over the left is a good habit to get into.

rush4life wrote on Sep 23rd, 2007 5:03pm

With the octave pattern in the left hand? I mostly just start slowly, and build up. Memorizing it also helps, because you really imprint the piece into your mind. I had a hell of time memorizing the thing for exams though.

rush4life wrote on Sep 23rd, 2007 4:29pm

Hey! What is your favourite style to play? Are you mostly classical, or do you mix it up?

read previous 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 read next