Sanctus Ignis

Sanctus Ignis's Profile Comments

BFun wrote on Apr 4th, 2008 6:50am

thought so :p

Good luck in getting in. Theyd be insane to turn you down lol

BFun wrote on Apr 3rd, 2008 11:37am

woah, waitlisted for Juliard? I have NFI how good that college is, but ive heard that its good for music, and if ive heard that from down here it must be good!

Grats :p:

one vision wrote on Mar 28th, 2008 5:43am

Lol, nice. Respect on getting into some universities. Music Major? I got into one here, but I turned it down because it's a 2 hour commute. The one I'm at now, I'm doin a music minor, their major program was too hard to get into. I can't sing melodies back. Other than that I probably would've gotten in. Naming chords, intervals ect, is no problem, but SINGING them back IS lol. :p: Anyways I hope you get into your top school which I'm assuming is Julliard.

Xiaoxi wrote on Mar 27th, 2008 3:50am

Sweet deal man.

I'm currently in Maryland Classic Youth Orchestra Philharmonic and principle violinist in my high school's orchestra. I also do string quartet gigs sometimes. They're all fun.

Xiaoxi wrote on Mar 26th, 2008 9:13pm

What orchestras are you in?

Broken_Drum wrote on Mar 24th, 2008 1:34pm

Hey, thanks for the friend request.

one vision wrote on Mar 23rd, 2008 6:35pm

Lol yeah, it sucks. We just gotta start a bunch of threads about different composers until they get annoyed and give us our own forum lol. Ultimate Paganini thread ect. :wtf:

one vision wrote on Mar 23rd, 2008 5:52pm

hey thanks for the add :cheers:

BFun wrote on Mar 19th, 2008 12:30pm

haha, thanks. I didnt win though, it was a good experience but what i was up against... OMG
Some guy in year 8 played Webers Rondo Presto >_< and Brahms Intermezzo (Perfect Asian lulz). The violinist has her A-mus AND her L-mus and shes as old as me.... It was crazy. Oh, and the saxophonist won, she played a concerto (forgot what it was, but it was from the romantic era and was written specifically for sax) :P

I did get $100 bucks cash and a certificate though :D

Nest up: Gig next friday and music exams in two weeks >_>

BFun wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 7:02am

lol, im more concerned about speeding up or starting too fast. Everyone knows that spells bad :P

Well, one other guy on piano, a saxophonist, a violinist and a mystery musician lol.

BFun wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 5:00am

true, not good to stress, but i cant help to feel a little nervous. this will be my first piano competition... ever lol

BFun wrote on Mar 17th, 2008 12:39pm

oh snap, i was right.

The only other pianist in the competition is someone "Mao", so perfect asians are the go!

:sad:

BFun wrote on Mar 14th, 2008 6:34am

Really? Sounds MUCh harder lol

Must be one of those showy pieces like Solfegietto (sp?) by CPE :P

BFun wrote on Mar 13th, 2008 5:11am

Ha, bet you could! If you can play that Gilligans concerto you can definitely play Prelude in G minor :P

Last time I won cos it was a school recital kind of thing. Rangin from people who didnt know where middle C was (literally!) to more advanced pupils.
This time, im competing against 4 other people each representing a school in the district. So basically im up against the top students in the area.... Also, the area is filled with asians. You know the type. The freaking perfect all the time type. :wtf:

I do hope I go well, and the scholarship would be nice, but SO MUCH PRACTICE TO DO :sad:

Ill let you know how I go, thanks for the support :)

BFun wrote on Mar 12th, 2008 5:50am

...What have I gotten myself into?

Today, while I was practicing piano (as you do), my music co-ordinator came up to me and asked if I wanted to try out for a scholarship held by the local Rotary Club NEXT WEDNESDAY. Needless to say, i accepted, who says no to a chance at $2 grand? :p

Now, i was thinking of busting my ass on the Rach all weekend. When I called the guy and got all the info, he told me that it might be a little short (5 - 10mins preferred) so asked me to do the Entertainer.

Rach is hard enough and not even close to perfect, and dont get me started on the Entertainer. I called up my piano teacher and he seemed.... 'shocked' that I'm doing this, i think he'll whip me good on Saturday XD

Im screwed, wish me luck! :D

BFun wrote on Feb 10th, 2008 8:27am

Hey guess what, my music teacher gave me some original recordings of Scott Joplin playing his Entertainer and Maple Leaf Rag :D

BFun wrote on Feb 6th, 2008 5:26am

mmm... but i dont know the rules/scales/structure etc. Its supposed to be 45 - 60s long but i have no clue on how to do it. I really hate avante garde stuff and i went pretty poorly last time, 15/20. This time im aiming for at least 18.

Im actually having second thoughts and I might change to "Film Music" and do some orchestral fanfare of sorts if i can pull it off. I just need to find out how to harmonize and which scales to use i guess.

BFun wrote on Feb 5th, 2008 5:29am

I am SO screwed. For my final High School Certificate Music course i chose Music of the 20th and the 21st Century as a topic of study and I have to do a composition in that style. Fine, you would say? NO... I'm not allowed to compose any form of "Popular Music", Rock or Jazz. So what other styles ARE there? I really dont want to do Art Music because last time i did that I scored pretty low... I'm thinking of bluegrass actually >_<.

I dont suppose youd mind if I asked you to give me any small amount of tips on composing in bluegrass? lol Or another genre which is actually composable?

Thanks

/rant

BFun wrote on Feb 1st, 2008 9:13am

oh, and good luck at that audition!

read previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next