Sanctus Ignis

Sanctus Ignis's Profile Comments

BFun wrote on Aug 8th, 2008 6:08am

OH NOES

I had my Trial HSC Music practical exam today (The end of high-school exam pre-test thingy, something like that) and i played my four pieces, the Rach, Entertainer, Sonata in C and Italian Concerto.

You may have remembered that I did the exam same thing a few months a go, its the same, just worth more marks... and...

...

...

I DID IT AGAIN, I SCREWED UP THE ITALIAN CONCERTO OMFG

same spot, same thing. screwed up, lost my spot and had to move on. The thing thats eating me up is its the exact same screw up as before AND i KNOW i got it perfect when i practiced it. :mad:

sorry bout the rantage, but you're the only one who understands the world of classical music on UG :p:

BFun wrote on Jul 6th, 2008 11:07pm

sweet!
Good job, i knew you could pull it off :D

I've never played with an orchestra before, how is it?

BFun wrote on Jul 6th, 2008 4:12am

wow, already?

Good luck dude! i know you can do it! :D

Remember, bad rehearsals usually = pwnage performance for some reason, so dont get stressed if you cant play C Major an hour beforehand :P

Also, will there be a vid?

one vision wrote on Jun 17th, 2008 11:00pm

Hey man I need some help/advice on my first serious composition which I plan to actually finish. Check the composers group, I posted more info there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :p

BFun wrote on Jun 14th, 2008 5:02am

Cheers! Much appreciated, I should be able to send it to you around Monday/Tuesday-ish.
Thanks for the help :)

BFun wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 9:53am

Hey Sanctus,
Can I ask a for a favour?

I have my composition assessment coming up shortly and i have been working on my composition for about 2 terms now (once a week at school). I was wondering if i could please send it to you in midi format and have you critique it so I could make some last minute adjustments to it?

Its about 2 minutes long and falls under the category of Film Music. Its a slow, tranquil piece thingy (you get the idea). Has flutes, piano and strings.

Please?

BFun wrote on May 28th, 2008 1:49pm

wow, nice find!

I showed Rustle of Spring to my teacher, but sadly, he had never heard of it :(
...
...

...That didnt stop it from sight reading it perfectly though, making me feel like a twat for not practicing... :sad:

BFun wrote on May 27th, 2008 9:44am

Well, i don't really have a favourite composer or genre. I just like pieces with flowing melodies and what not. (Fur Elise, A Rustle of Spring, Clair De Lune, you get the point).

Of course, certain show-offy pieces are also awesome. *cough*HungarianRhapsody*cough*

BFun wrote on May 26th, 2008 8:07am

ooh nice. I like this kinda style, slow and expressive. Im not really a speed player (I suck at scales and i cant play cleanly lol)

BFun wrote on May 25th, 2008 8:16am

Haha, Clair De Lune. Awesome song, i love songs like that. I got a "Highly Commended" for it at our school recital too :P

glm wrote on May 25th, 2008 3:37am

Best "Retired" User

Best Avatar

Best Threadstarter

Worst Threadstarter

Most Likely to Become a Serial Killer

Most Annoying User

Biggest fag/gay/homosexual/one that is not a heterosexual

theneildeal wrote on May 21st, 2008 1:37pm

hey, did you finish the keys for the blues jam track?

If so, can you post it on the megaupload site

Cheers

Neil

Not That Emo wrote on May 13th, 2008 9:27pm

Sanctus Ignis wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 11:18pm :

Hey there, fellow pianist.

What notable pieces, if any, have you played?
I've played a slightly shortened version of Moonlight sonata, Canon in D, and Maple Leaf Rag.

mfinnan101 wrote on May 12th, 2008 10:31am

Sanctus Ignis wrote on May 11th, 2008 at 10:49pm :

It is definitely amazing! The third movement is a real ballbuster though.

Unfortunately for me the whole piece would be a ball buster. My piano playing amounts to simple scale tone triads and basic scales. :(
Always been meaning to learn it properly and maybe go for lessons but I just don't get the times these days. :(

mfinnan101 wrote on May 11th, 2008 7:03pm

Classical is one of my favourite genres too. What I'd give to be able to play a piece like the moonlight sonata on the piano......

BFun wrote on Apr 18th, 2008 1:44pm

hmmm no actually. im more familiar with his mazurka's *shudders*
The one in A minor... *shudders again*

Scarlatti wrote on Apr 10th, 2008 9:15pm

Sanctus Ignis wrote on Apr 7th, 2008 at 10:51am :

I never said this earlier. You have possibly the best username on here. Domenico Scarlatti FTW!

Thank you, Domenico Scarlatti is amazing indeed! :)

BFun wrote on Apr 8th, 2008 10:34am

aaahhh distaster!
I pulled a Gilels in the Italian concerto in my exam. I made a mistake, couldnt recover, ended up playing the theme in the wrong key, skipping 2 lines and then starting the next section >_<

Thank god that piece wasnt marked lol

BFun wrote on Apr 7th, 2008 1:24pm

lol, you know when i said id be playing Sonata in C by Mozart for my school exams?

Well i just found out that it isnt the one you were referring to, the 'overused' one :p
Its a different one which is weird, lots of ornamentation and appogiaturas (or the other one, i cant spell it :p). Its 6 pages long and is supposed to be "Allegro".

You know it?

Anyway, i was always under the impression that the OTHER Sonata in C was by Beethoven... damn misleading movie..... >_<

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next