Saf1

Saf1's Profile Comments

the gift wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 8:03pm

hey! you're right! it's been a real long time! i'm still on holiday, in marbella (south of spain) so i don't use the net much. how's everything there?

apothecarrie wrote on Jul 28th, 2009 12:35am

Saf1 wrote on Jul 15th, 2009 at 8:47am :
So what makes you want to go to america in particular? you think you'll fit in better or something? or you just find england a drag, haha. also me and you have the same bass! i got mine through the jumpstart package too. still got the little 10W amp? hahahaha!

hey sorry for late reply, i;ve been on holidya,
and i don't know, america just looks way more fun and interesting than england.
And ha! yeah, that's the one. It's the only bass I have but it does me fine. maybe when i actually get a job, i'll get a new amp.

DiMeTiMe wrote on Jul 15th, 2009 10:03am

Saf1 wrote on Jul 15th, 2009 at 12:42am :
Don't add me if you're not gonna chat! ;D

oh wow sorry :p, uhmm refining ma picking technique paul gilbert style :D.

vintage x metal wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 4:16am

lol, I dont do anything very heavy, just some bud and drinking and I'm interested in the psychadelics but we'll see about that. Life is lovely and I like exploring

vintage x metal wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 4:29am

I hate to admit it but I loooove me some bud

DiMeTiMe wrote on Jul 11th, 2009 3:24am

Saf1 wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 1:09pm :
Hi, thanks for the add! How come you added me ?

obviously cause i ♥ you :p

Fat-bastard0603 wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 12:55am

Thanks dude, I saw your sig, and looked for Kyuss on YouTube, now it's one of my favorite bands.

.iplayaguitar. wrote on Jun 28th, 2009 2:41pm

Wicked! I'd love to go to Canada, it's meant to be so lovely there lol, anything's better than England anyway, espcially the area I live. Ah music technology course, sounds good! Hope it all goes well x

ChrisBG wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 11:55pm

For the film stuff it's mainly orchestral etc so for the sounds I use Garritan Personal Orchestra, and East West as well as lots of other small plugins. There are lots available.

Let me know if you're interested in any specific gear. You can get away pretty cheap.

ChrisBG wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 11:54pm

Cheers man, appreciate it. The film music thing I have been building up for the last few years. I started scoring short films about 3 years ago. Started a website, and it built up from there. Starting by doing lots and lots of free work is the best way because it gives you the experience you need.

For production of songs, I just use a very old analogue mixer going into the soundcard, one microhpone, and Sonar with some plugins. It's a very minimalistic setup, not the most ideal haha. I recommend getting a 1 track M audio device or something like that. Drums are notated.

quote u='Saf1' d='Jun 25th, 2009 6:17pm']Haha, just gave your stuff a listen, I like it! Some real originality there, while being catchy, it's all good. How did you get to compose film music? Did you just contact local producers and send them a portfolio?

Also what recording/production equipment have you got? I finished school so unfortunately don't have anything to produce and record with for now...[/quote]

apothecarrie wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 6:50pm

Saf1 wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 at 4:08pm :
depends, i have offers from four unis here (york is my firm choice), but I really wanna study in canada as i had the craziest and best time of my life there and i like moving, i;m a nomad i've really been around. you name it, it happened with me and my old mates up there, 90mph tours of toronto, meeting insane people, shit-hot drugs, even faster women and the wildest parties

Ah, i never thought of Canada as drug central. I mean, what you just described sounds like American colleges if anything. :p:
I want to go to america for uni.

Saf1 wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 at 4:09pm :
protip: stop quoting me on my page! it fills my page up! i'll smack you if you do!

Nah. This way, it makes you look more popularsociable.
also
protip:this is not /b/

apothecarrie wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 2:09pm

Saf1 wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:20pm :
nah, they must be in the year below.

oh they are, but i just thought you might know them.
which uni are you going to?

ChrisBG wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 3:49am

haha! glad you enjoyed the post! :)

apothecarrie wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 11:04pm

Saf1 wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 at 9:19pm :
was that sarcasm? haha, just finished 6th form at denbigh, gonna study music tech at uni next year.

Nah, nah.
Ahh I know a couple of people at denbigh sixth form, do you happen to know jock perkins or matt edwards and that lot?
i'm going to start sixth form in september. D:

apothecarrie wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 9:28pm

Saf1 wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 at 5:58pm :
well normally I don't accept random friend requests but since you're from mk, i'll make an exception which school do you go to?

haha of course.
walton high, what about yourself?

.iplayaguitar. wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 7:48pm

Hey:) Ah nice lol Yeah I'm fine thanks, just been at school and out with friends etc, you? x

the gift wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 4:08pm

you are calling me a loser?? ok i'll keep this in mind! hahaha

the gift wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 3:02pm

i can't believe you didn't tell me you had created a group of last.fm!! what kind of a friend are you? hahaha

the gift wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 2:53pm

don't worry. i don't think i'll ever expect a smack from you! hahaha

the gift wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 2:42pm

really? and how would you do it? sending it by mail? xD

1 2 3 4 read next