Punk_Ninja

Punk_Ninja's Profile Comments

baby41love wrote on Jul 2nd, 2011 6:29pm

Hello with love,

How is every thing with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile. I really want to have a good friendship with you. Beside i have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site. I will be very happy, If you can get back to me through my e-mail (faith4turelove@yahoo.com) So we can get to know each other better and i well give you my pictures and also tell you more about me ok.

Please write me here (faith4turelove@yahoo.com)

Note: My native language is English so i will appreciate you writing to me in English.

Sincerely
Miss faith.

ViciousSid wrote on Jun 23rd, 2011 4:40pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Jun 23rd, 2011 at 6:26am :
Thanks for adding me as a friend, but I'm not as punk as I used to be.

I'm still a big Clash fan, and I'm into a bit of Ska which isn't too far off, but I'm a lot more snooty now with my music cos I'm a jazz fan. :P

thats alright as long as your into music. And the Clash are brilliant, London Calling has some jazz on it. Anyway cheers for the add

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 11:39pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 6:39pm :
Hah, well I don't think I'll be getting too many live recordings playing cover gigs at pubs! :P
probably not :)

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 11:29pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 6:12pm :
I guess, I will be slowly learning recording techniques and stuff, well, when I sort out a new computer and an interface and stuff, but it'll probably take the backseat for a while, I'm much more of a live musician.
you can mix and master live recordings too.. ;D

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 10:45pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 5:43pm :
hah, well, the stuff I upload here isn't anything great to be honest, stuff I put more time into ends up sounding a lot better, but yeah it's pretty abismal either way!
And yeah, I'm looking into getting an interface as soon as I can shed the cash, but i need to buy like a million things without having any money at all so it's getting a bit hard!
I think when I get some serious recordings down I'll probably leave the production to my drummer, he's like...on some music production uni course so he understands all the stuff I'm clueless on.
I just know how to play the music any kind of technology around it and I'm completely dense. :P

eh. it's worth learning though because it helps you to hear music in an even more advanced way than it does by just playing an instrument and being musically inclined.

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 10:07pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 4:49pm :
Yeah, though I'm not sure if I'll be developing an ear for it any time soon, my current recording rig cost the princely sum of nothing. Aside from the cost of my guitar that is. So I'm sure anything I've recorded must sound horrendous to you! :P

probably. xD i haven't listened to anything if you have anything uploaded. haven't checked ;p
it's okay though. we all start somewhere. my first recordings are hilarious.
if you ever want to get into recording then just getting a simple interface is enough to get good quality and stuff. all you really need. the rest is about the production.

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 9:42pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 4:36pm :
Ah, hah, okay then!

And...I guess that's the difference between someone who's completely dense with recording...who's listening through laptop speakers, and someone who knows their stuff! :P
you develop an ear for it over time. I'm sure to the average listener the current sounds fine but to me it's like eeew

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 9:29pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 4:27pm :
Ah, yeah, well I'm completely dense where it comes to recording so my posts on any of the recording threads probably don't give the best impression of me! :P

And it sounds pretty good to me. I'll have to give the new version a listen when you put it up.
i don't think i read the post. i just saw the title lol.

i don't like the current. the rhythm guitars are beyond muddy, the bass tone is terrible, the drums are barely mixed and have no compression or eq or anything done to them, and the lead guitars are just bleh.
so i'm re-doing the lead guitars and drums completely and re-mixing the rest. then going to do a much more proper in-depth mix on it as well as master it.
so it should sound like 5000000000000 times better after. :)

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 9:13pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 4:11pm :
Heh, I assumed as much, though it wouldn't be hard to figure out from all the fanboyish posts I make!

Btw, your FF Fanfare arrangement is pretty cool.

i dunno. i never noticed any of the others. i just saw one of your posts on the vst amp thread or whatevv.

thanks. though that version was kind of blah. i've learned loads since uploading it. finally decided to get around to re-doing it today so whenever i'm done the new one will be much better.

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 8:42pm

Punk_Ninja wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 1:33pm :
For a minute there I was nearly like "When did I say that?!" but then I realised they were Orianthi lyrics. :P

Good to see another Orianthi fan around.

haha.
yeah, i saw it in your title thingy.

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 3:09pm

according to you I'm stupid, I'm useless, I can't do anything right.

dsss guitars wrote on Dec 15th, 2010 4:07am

Ment to say, " that guy on the left of your pic looks like paulo nuttini" had to look twice

dsss guitars wrote on Dec 15th, 2010 4:05am

thanks for visiting DSSS Guitars

D

ReynboLightning wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 9:04pm

Hey man, this is regarding your post on building a site. Check out this article I've yet to try it out but steve is a legit dude and doesn't endorse things he doesn't believe in. So here ya go http://www.stevepavlina.com/site-build-it/

rocknroll93 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2010 9:35am

Punk_Ninja wrote on Sep 2nd, 2010 at 6:41pm :
Ouch, luckily my current drummer is an absolute beast at nearly anything. It's just a pity the rest of the band isn't too into the more bluesy/jazzy side of things. Though if my drummer had his way he'd be in a prog band so I dunno...
It seems bassists that are hardest to find round here!

yeah I couldnt get a bassist, but my best mate is a guitarist, and he is happy playing bass so yeah

rocknroll93 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2010 8:07am

Punk_Ninja wrote on Sep 2nd, 2010 at 3:26am :
Hey man, thanks for the friend request.
Unfortunately my band isn't a bluesrock band, but we have done a couple of bluesrock songs. In previous line-ups, though our current singer isn't really geared towards it
It's a shame there are no blues, jazz or fusion players round me who are willing to form a band to do more of that sort of stuff.

aww.. nah, Im having a hard time finding a drummer who can play a shuffle beat :(

AlanHB wrote on Aug 3rd, 2010 8:59am

The Passion is of a superior quality, but if you get the chance to play them before purchasing one you really should. The chambered body makes it have quite a unique tone and great sustain which may or may not take to your liking. Additionally I don't think it really handles that well under a lot of distortion or gain. I'd say the heaviest I'd use it at would be dirty blues, but better to go with a complete solid body for heavier music.

Of course for the heavier stuff I have my Godin LG Signature :D

AlanHB wrote on Jul 30th, 2010 1:47am

Sup dude. I saw in one of your posts you may want a Godin Passion one day. I bought one for myself when I finished my law degree and they're ridiculously good.

neyon786 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2010 9:11pm

;)

neyon786 wrote on Jan 27th, 2010 2:30am

Punk_Ninja wrote on Jan 27th, 2010 at 1:15am :
I've not been too bad, really ill though.
You?

get well soon.
i've been alright i guess.
school starts on friday :(