Prophet of Page

Prophet of Page's Profile Comments

Faded Grey wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 10:27pm

Hey, Tom. Haven't seen you online in a while, man. Just stoppin' by to let you know, the practice routine is going great. Thanks for the help man.

bsoates wrote on May 7th, 2010 11:49pm

Ok thanks. I only feel at first I might have alittle trouble telling where a real pull off is necessary because naturally when I start to work on the Holdsworth legato it wont be all the same volume because my fingers won't be as strong at the beginning.

bsoates wrote on May 7th, 2010 3:44pm

And man if you wouldnt mind another question, is it even possible to do trills with Holdsworth legato?

bsoates wrote on May 5th, 2010 8:58am

Prophet of Page wrote on May 4th, 2010 at 2:03pm :
Sorry, I didn't quite understand the question. Can you try to phrase it a little better?

What I meant was that your explanation in the thread technically only mentioned replacing pulloffs with Holdsworth legato, so I was just wondering when using hammer-ons (like ascending 4 notes in a row) would you also use hammer ons from nowhere?

bsoates wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 3:04am

Hey man, in regards to the legato, I'm assuming that where to apply the Holdsworth or normal legato is the same for hammer-ons too right?

Righteous wrote on Mar 5th, 2010 1:44am

Prophet of Page wrote on Jan 7th, 2010 at 2:22pm :
You knew that we had the same birthday, we learned that back on Shredders United all those years ago...

That's further back than I remember... I was probably like 14-16 way too far back haha
I registered this screenname 5 years ago already, damn, and I even had one before that but I can't remember it anymore. You still playing guitar?

Righteous wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 8:34am

And I just saw we have the same birthday, odd.

Righteous wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 8:32am

Hey man, I see you wrote on my wall like 8 months ago, and to answer your question no, I really haven't come on here in a long, long time (two years maybe? I lose track).
You still come on anymore? College has taken away many of my forum commitments :-P You taking the college route?

Stratwizard wrote on Jan 20th, 2009 12:54pm

Damn, now you have a Carrera as well! Any chance of recording any clips with those amps?

TheUltimateSin wrote on Dec 18th, 2008 6:38am

Prophet of Page wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 at 5:41am :

Not to much man, just finishing off my winter exams today.

All good with you?

Nice.

Ya so far things are good. Not much time to bum around the forum these days but I stil try to peek in once and a while.

paddyo wrote on Dec 16th, 2008 9:17pm

Yep, true that, what fun would it be exhausting that whole thing beyond belief till you could literally not stand a note of guitar based music.. Just uploaded a recording, give it a listen for fun, no criticism on technique wanted or needed haha :D

TheUltimateSin wrote on Dec 14th, 2008 7:37pm

Well if it isn't Tom :) What's goin' on?

paddyo wrote on Dec 14th, 2008 2:54pm

Alright sir, nah not really major differences in playing...I haven't listened to any form of Shred really at all over the past year! Moved quite away from it really, but not in a "fuck you shred you're not in this season" kinda way, just my likes changing. :):

Still very much playing guitar obviously, lots of different kinds,pop music,blues,Instrumental crap(a la God Is An Astronaut and the likes), but as far as "chops" and that entire mindframe I dunno, not really fun for me at all right now haha.

Coming onto this website properly for the first time in literally years is a strange experience. :p:

Freepower wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 8:27pm

Prophet of Page wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 at 4:21pm :

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing well!

And cheers for the offers of a sofa! But I think if I come to visit I'll have to take the Carrera with me...

Sounds great. :D Maybe PG might drop in for a clinic sometime soon and then we can get the whole Irish shred family together. :p

Resiliance wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 6:49pm

Rawr. My little socialite.

SnowballofDoom wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 4:39pm

Ahh that's what it was, haha. Very cool about the album, I'll be looking forward to it!

I wish we could pile all the SU regulars in the chatroom again, those really were good times. I wonder what everyone's up to now... oh well...

And thanks :) Hope yours go well too!

Freepower wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 4:05pm

I keep replying to your comment on my page but it doesn't seem to reach here, so I'm just writing here now. Basically, I'm living the dream. Co-habiting with my lovely gf of five years, teaching for living, learning from an amazing jazz/classical tutor to study for my LLCM exam, I'm just about to go to Stockholm for 5 days with my best mate as well. :)

Guitar playing wise, I'm going places I'm happy with and I'm even vaguely happy with some areas of my playing, which has never really been the case before. Anyway, if you're ever in Dublin, there's a sofa here for you, and some epic jams on on my single terrible amp. :p

SnowballofDoom wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 8:20am

Yeah, I get to look forward to exams all next week...

And whoa! That's fantastic! Be sure to let us know when everything's finished. I got a new computer about a month ago, but for kicks I went through everything in the old computer's hard drive and found a recording from you, something like "leavemealoneiwasreallynervous.mp3" Haha, do you remember that?

SU... I tell you, those were the good old days. Weird. But good.

Mostly weird.

I do miss your Natalie Portman avatar...

Freepower wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 11:49pm

HOLY SHIT!

You were online!?

Good to see you Tom, how are you?

SnowballofDoom wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 8:40pm

Tom! I've been good, how bout yourself?

1 2 read next