Poglia

Poglia's Profile Comments

rcoh91 wrote on Oct 30th, 2013 10:17am

hi i sent you message. i want to contact your email but i've no idea what your email is. plz check your message :)

Sakke wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 10:01pm

Poglia wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:00am :
5 years here, but I can only play 30-60 minutes per day, so I'm like someone who has been playing seriously for 2-3 years.

By the way, Miika used Laney GH100L, right?

Yes, with a Boss GT3 multi-effects unit.

Sakke wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 11:50am

Poglia wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 11:54am :
Lead-wise, I'm pretty much the same as you then. End Of The Road is a bit too fast. Never tried Bleed, but I think I would be able to play it. Cross My Heart And Hope To Die solo is easy, and when I play No One There I always do the live version of the solo. Maybe in a year we'll play End Of The Road perfectly. :-)

Yeah well, I've only been playing for 2 years and 3 months, so I guess I've progressed pretty well.

Sakke wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 5:08am

Poglia wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:59pm :
Thanks for the feedback. I know it's not perfect, but it was just a quick recording. I didn't have time to find a perfect tone with VST plugins. For some reasons I couldn't hear myself well while playing the solos so they are not that great. Plus, I'm almost a strict rhythm guitarist. I'll cover other Sentenced songs one day, hoping to do better.

I used to be a strict rhythm guitarist like you.. then I took.. Alright, stupid joke. :haha:
Anyways, I really didn't play more than rhythm for about a year and when I got my Gibson, all I wanted was to start playing leads and solos. I'm doing pretty well. As far as Sentenced goes, I can play Cross My Heart And Hope To Die and No One There (Buried Alive). Soon, there'll also be Bleed (Buried Alive). Hopefully, one day I can play End of The Road... But that seems so far right now.

Sakke wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 2:45pm

Poglia wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 4:40pm :
Hey mate,

I know you are a big Sentenced fan, so you may want to check out this:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1519984

:-)

Sounds pretty digital and somehow thanks to all those effects your leads didn't really sound to be in tune or to be played perfectly. But you did the clean parts pretty well. Could have used a lot less distortion for the rhythm parts. Also, your guitar could be slightly louder or the backing track slightly quieter.

Pogliaa wrote on Jan 3rd, 2012 12:51pm

Sakke wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 3:03pm :
You may not like shredders... But you have to give Altitudes by Jason Becker a careful listen. It's a really good song..
He is a great guitarist but I don't like instrumental songs so much.

krvolok wrote on Jan 1st, 2012 8:46am

Happy New Year!

Sakke wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 2:03pm

krvolok wrote on Sep 21st, 2011 8:44pm

I see a couple of my favorite power metal bands here:Blind Guardian,an absolute favorite of mine in any case;Edguy,obviously;Hammerfall.
Good bands,good taste.

Pogliaa wrote on Sep 21st, 2011 4:38pm

krvolok wrote on Sep 21st, 2011 at 4:36pm :
A fail for me...totally forgot to post for the add... The last thing I want is to be seen as a "ghost friend",sorry.
No problem mate!

krvolok wrote on Sep 21st, 2011 4:36pm

A fail for me...totally forgot to post for the add...:( The last thing I want is to be seen as a "ghost friend",sorry.

Oblivion_Rps wrote on Jul 1st, 2011 4:57pm

Man I really want to go to Wacken. :( It's all sold out though so... I'm just gonna have to wait and hope they do one next year. :/

And no I don't. You recommend it? :)

Oblivion_Rps wrote on Jun 24th, 2011 9:06pm

Luca. Just an appreciative post here!

'Cause y'know... Ci sia l'amore Avantasia. :D

Ever seen 'em live?

Sakke wrote on Apr 25th, 2011 4:37pm

Poglia wrote on Apr 25th, 2011 at 5:04pm :
Thanks for the answer. 81 bridge and 89 neck? I thought it was the opposite. :-)
I thought so too, but when I saw the EMG text on the pickups, I knew it was that way around. Also 89 bridge would sound quite different, as it would be a 85, which wouldn't match Tenkula's sound, at least to my ear. To me the pickup does have the characteristics of the classic EMG81.

Sakke wrote on Apr 23rd, 2011 9:45pm

Poglia wrote on Apr 22nd, 2011 at 11:13pm :
Hey mate, how are you? I was wondering if you remember: Miika Tenkula used to play a Les Paul Studio Ebony, but was it with gold or chrome hardware? Also, were the pickup EMG 89 (bridge) and EMG 81 (neck)?
I'm fine, thanks for asking. GASing for a Les Paul :haha: Well, Miika also used a Les Paul Studio Alpine White with Chrome Hardware during Amok and maybe North From Here. The ebony also had a chrome hardware. Both had EMG81 bridge and 89 neck, note not 89R, to be specific.

Basti95 wrote on Feb 28th, 2011 8:12pm

Sono mezzo Italiano, di Treviso :D how bout you? :)

Kämpfer wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 3:54pm

Poglia wrote on Jan 2nd, 2011 at 1:22am :
Hey, happy new year! I'm not writing much music nowadays because I'm very busy with university. :-(

thanks, happy new year! Thats a shame, but good luck with your studies.

Pogliaa wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 3:52pm

Kämpfer wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 at 2:35pm :
Hey, how is the music coming along? Are you still going to do your heavy metal project?

Kämpfer wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 1:35pm

Sakke wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 9:22pm

Poglia wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 10:17pm :
Yeah I'll tab it one day!

Cool. I'll be waiting for that then.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 read next »