Page&HammettFan

Page&HammettFan's Profile Comments

aaron28 wrote on Jan 1st, 2009 1:08am

sorry thats frustrating fer ya......i remember on other occassions........rules theory....yer very knowledgable about them..........it takes dedication fer something like that...........oh i remember i think.......C & Am same key!!! but they aren't just relative........admire yer knowledge man

btw
happy new year!!! :cheers:

aaron28 wrote on Jan 1st, 2009 12:57am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 5:54pm :

MT is Musician Talk here on this website. Someone was asking about how you'd go about soloing over a chord progression, and he gave the notes so that it looked like a chord progression (which I assumed were all major chords), but it turned out that he was taking chords from the Cm scale, just naming them incorrectly. Eb is not D# in Cm. Sorry but it just isn't correct. That's a #2, not a b3. Obviously, he doesn't know much theory, because writing the chords the way he did threw me and a few other people off. Turns out he was just playing a progression similar to Sultans of Swing or Straight On (Heart) in Cm.
whew...over my head.....but i liked the jam anyways!!!!!!!

Epiphone'sRock wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 11:54pm

hey man sorry it took so long for reply thnks for the advice on my composing problem its been alot easier now cheers (Y)

aaron28 wrote on Dec 20th, 2008 6:45pm

Merry Christmas
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/aaron28/music/a ll/play492404

aaron28 wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 8:39pm

Page&HammettFan wrote on Dec 14th, 2008 at 11:48pm :

"These fucking potatoes suck Grandma, what's up? Like, even moreso than normal. Was the store outta butter or something?"
no kidding???? thats nuts!!!

aaron28 wrote on Dec 8th, 2008 10:43pm

Page&HammettFan wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:45pm :

Thanksgiving kinda sucked. It always does with my family. None of 'em knows how to cook. Plus, I come from one of those families that likes to argue a lot, so it was just another laim holiday at my grandma's house. Everyone else I know seemed to have a good holiday, though, so that's good.

That first video is hilarious dude. Skating backwards... Bustin' your ass... Awesome
well that stinks......but i would think some fun could be found in that though........thanks fer checking out the vid......it is a good laugh!!!! :haha:

aaron28 wrote on Dec 1st, 2008 10:49pm

have a good holiday man? i posted some new videos on my page....check out the first one......i'm the one filming its funny....

aaron28 wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 6:06pm

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:05pm :

New job's cool. I wish I knew how to do everything in there, but it takes time with new jobs Kinda sucks, but it's coming along now.

That pic is from my eighteenth birthday at a blues jam in New Orleans I've been waiting on someone to say something about it That 335 is an epi, but it plays so damn well!!!
i bet it does!!!! its looks like a semi-hollow tone on them is usually pretty stellar.........yeh the crappy transition w/ a new job always stinks

aaron28 wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 10:44pm

hey man how's the 'new' job? great pic!!! cool shirt and beautiful getar!!!

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 6:11am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 at 5:34pm :

The first time that I heard Cliffs of Dover, I hated it. I thought it was just unecessary... Now, it's one of my favorite songs

Lol exactly what I mean. You just learn to love it

aaron28 wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 11:43pm

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 at 5:34pm :

I ordered a PRS Swamp Ash Special about a week ago, and started a new job today. I finally quit fucking SubWay. God I hated those fucking losers! My new job is days (I was the night manager at ScrubWay, and I'm still a freakin' minor...), and is already better pay.
thats great!! moving on up to the deluxe apartment in the sky!!!!

aaron28 wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 5:28pm

hey man whats been goin on w/ ya?

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 23rd, 2008 9:00am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 at 10:20pm :

Intro might be a bit too fast for my taste, but it might just be one of those things that you've gotta grow on. It'd also probably be pretty hard to solo over something like that...

Well, almost ANYTHING from Yngwie takes some growing on :p: But some of his songs(like Brothers) are worth it.

I never used to be in to this kind of music/speed. But after a while you warm up to it :)

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 10:24pm

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 21st, 2008 at 9:19pm :

I'll need to listen to Brothers. I haven't really listened to too much Malmsteen. Outside of Johnson and Satch, I don't really have that much shred in my CD collection.

I'd recommend Paul Gilbert then. He's currently my favorite guitarist. Also, contrary to most generalizations, Buckethead has LOADS of slower mellow stuff that help balance how much fast material he has.

But yeah definitely check out Brothers. Here's a link(although the studio version is infinitely better imo)

It's pretty fun to play too.

It's all good.

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 10:09am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 2:18am :

That's what I like about it. It's got that really happy sounding intro. Really cool to listen to when you're just pissed off with the rest of the world It's a lot of fun to play, but I really need to sit down with a metronome and practice it (and everything that I play, really...).

Ya. Songs like that and Yngwie's "Brothers"(which is another one I would suggest you attempt!) are songs I listen to when the day just isn't going right :p

And lol ya metronomes do tend to help :D

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 18th, 2008 7:29am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 at 8:22pm :

I'm about as far into it as you were then

It's actually a surprisingly simple song(minus those sweeps silly Neil does round the solo and such >_> *cough*)

I've been using it to help me with some basic string-skipping building(nothing long the lines of ol' Gilbert of course!). Plus it's just loads of fun to play and is a very upbeat song. :)

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 8:54am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 at 1:20am :

The one that I really need to do is "I'm Alright," which I got outta your profile That one I could actually pull off (if I did the JerryC version).

Ya dude. It's loads of fun to play too(I am more partial to Neil's original though ;) ). I have progressed more into the song than in the video that's up, I've just been too lazy to record a decent update though :p:

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 8:51am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:51am :

That recording is several months old. I'm much better at playing most of it now, though I don't really work on the song that much. It's more of just a natural progression of becoming more skilled on the instrument

Ya I know what you mean. Still cool though :)

TheUltimateSin wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 1:06am

Page&HammettFan wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 1:10am :

I've read about his rig, but you really don't need all of that to replicate that sound. Really, all you need is a delay pedal. That's all that I use. Using an ES-335 definitely helps, though. That's what he apparently used on the studio version of that song.

Lol well I suppose that's true. But still, I think he has one of the most complex rigs I've seen. His tone is very nice though so I guess whatever he did worked.

Keep at it though, add the right amount of distortion and such, it should sound pretty good if you work on it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next