P1ayingW1thF1re

P1ayingW1thF1re's Profile Comments

beadhangingOne wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 10:30pm

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:13pm :
Not me haha. I have seen a guy wearing a Bathory shirt around, dunno if that's you though. No, not many metalheads around...I was wearing a Psycroptic shirt last weekend and somebody complimented me on that, though I don't really like them much anymore haha (my metal shirts are rather outdated compared to my current taste). I did actually see a guy wearing a Cormorant shirt a couple days ago; I could hardly believe my eyes.

Possibly it was me, I don't think anyone else owns a Bathory shirt within a 50 mile radius of here. It was definitely me if you saw it by the chemistry buildings haha.

beadhangingOne wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 10:03pm

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:01pm :
You knew that already mang!

Lol it's been a while haha, and I forgot. It's funny, I was wearing a Bathory shirt yesterday and someone was like "great band!" and walked away. Now, I wonder if it was you... lol. Either way, not many (any) metalheads in Champaign haha.

beadhangingOne wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 6:48pm

Whoa you go to the same school as me, waaaaaaaaaaaht

NosferatuZodd09 wrote on Apr 17th, 2012 9:37pm

bro, dude, bro, go on msn

Magero wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 1:44am

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:05am :
I have to read an excerpt from Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy for one of my classes, and some of the material is very pertinent to the discussion we had the other day. It's interesting stuff, so you may want to look into it. Granted, it's Nietzsche so very active reading is required and it's sort of a trying experience, but nonetheless!

Thanks man. As much as I disagree with a lot of that "higher learning" stuff being applied to music, I've always been intrigued by the writing itself, just never really knew where to start so... I'll see what I can dredge up from the waters next time I head to the library.

Burning_Angel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 6:24am

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Oct 1st, 2011 at 7:09pm :
Funny thing about that, your list actually somehow caused Vikingligr Veldi to click with me, which is awesome. Never understood that album at all until now, so thanks haha. Otherwise I liked Irrwisch and a couple others.

Hum. Interesting. Honestly much as people praise VV, I DO like it, and I like Frost... But I'd rather listen to Eld or Below the Lights any day of the week.

And good that you like Irrwish. Love that band. I feel like some of the stuff on the list I probably wouldnt recommend this time, if asked again though. Like Arizmenda, Nazxul, Nehemah, Obtained Enslavement... Infestus is amazing though. Aaskereia, Aurvandil and Belenos too. And now that I think of it, everything from Taake seems like it'd hit the spot for ya.

Burning_Angel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 2:40am

Hm, nope... Dont have MSN. :/

Ah well.

Anything grab you from my nice BM list, btw?

Burning_Angel wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 4:02am

Oy. d'you have last.fm? If so, get at me brah! :P
http://www.last.fm/user/verdun_sc <----[Verdun cause if I ever get 'round to recording stuff, that'll be the name of my project.]

And d'you have book of face, perchance?

Burning_Angel wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 7:11pm

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Sep 7th, 2011 at 4:17pm :
Agreed, how tragic that an artist of his caliber should fade so young. Was the cause of death ever announced?

I have no words for the ending of "Dilapidation and Death." Truly beautiful.

I dont think so. It kinda sucks really, cause I've wondered since I found out he died... Tragic stuff. At least Chapter 3 was finished before that, I guess...

But yeah. Well, every song has moments that are just beautiful I think. Weathered, Demons Swarm by My Side, Prosperity, pretty much everything on Parasomnia...

Burning_Angel wrote on Sep 7th, 2011 7:38pm

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 10:12pm :
Remember when you recommended Colosseum and I told you that they had little effect on me? Well, I've had an epiphany; Chapter 3: Parasomnia is beyond words. I'm absolutely floored. Just, holy shit man.

Nice! I knew you'd love them if you gave 'em time. I am of the opinion that each of the three records is fantastic. Parasomnia is perhaps the culmination though.

One things for sure though. RIP Juhani Palomaki... Dude was amazing...

Riffmast wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 1:44am

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Jul 20th, 2011 at 7:47pm :
I believe a trilogy of movies is the plan, so we'll see eh?

Yeah I'll definitely watch it and probably enjoy it like i have with some of the recent series to new movie transfers, i have a feeling the original will still be better. Though if they add in parts from the Manga they did'nt in the Anime i will love them forever.

Riffmast wrote on Jul 18th, 2011 8:44am

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Jul 16th, 2011 at 2:22am :
Hmm, if I remember correctly Mr. Andrew you enjoy the Berserk anime, do you not? A friend showed this to me today, so assuming you have not seen it I will be magnanimous and drop it here for your enthrallment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNpV4J7vNeg

I'm gunna be a bitch here, and say that Berserk is better off with the low budget graphics of the original,the grittiness really adds on to the harsh vibe of that show, the new digital drawing looks like it would take away some of the atmosphere, but if it continues on the story from the series i would be super down, if it's a re-telling then i will be slightly annoyed, just cause they seem to be doing that with every good anime these days.

Burning_Angel wrote on May 27th, 2011 11:30pm

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 7:37pm :
You're so good to me Ah yes, this band. I recognize the artwork of Glory and Perdition. I don't remember them leaving much of an impression, nor do I remember liking the vocals, but I'll listen to some songs on youtube.

To be fair, on Phantoms, the vocals take some getting used to, and generally just arent great. However, the music... While not Special/Amazing is really good, or maybe it's just what I want/look for in BM. :P

Still, I've grown to really like them, just cause I guess their style really clicks with me.

Burning_Angel wrote on May 26th, 2011 4:42am

Yo, PWF. Because I'm whoring them out, you really oughta give Sear Bliss a listen. Phantoms and the three most recent records especially. They're an excellent black metal band with touches of doom hailing from Hungary, and they have a very cinematic, symphonic sound. They even use real trumpets/trombones at times.

And like Moonsorrow, they tend to re-invent themselves with each album, a bit. :cheers:

Broadsword wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 11:56pm

Thanks for the kind words back in the Rec thread, I do appreciate it!
If by chance any of my recs didn't suit your fancy, I could probably magick up another list, by hopefully you did indeed find a band worthwhile.

dillonrips7 wrote on Sep 11th, 2010 6:20am

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 1:52pm :
Hmm well I'ma see what I can come up with first, but if I'm super stuck with writer's block I'll let you know.

Alright, thats fine, I actually meant vocals instead of lyrics

dillonrips7 wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 6:50am

Dude Nick, I love Epoch's Crescendo, I'd love to somehow do lyrics for that!

destroy_techno wrote on Sep 3rd, 2010 12:45am

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Sep 2nd, 2010 at 12:10am :
Hey man, if you're still open to doing vocals for Fabricating the Cryosphere, Evan and I are very interested to hear what you can come up with! I dunno if you like growling actual lyrics for this kind of stuff, but if you do I can come up with something cool (I don't have any written yet).
Sure thing man!
I prefer lyrics, it just helps with getting power behind the vox when you're actually saying something.. My recording stuff is still down I'm getting some new recording gear within the week I hope.. But I'm definitely up for it!

Hib3rnian wrote on Dec 4th, 2009 2:11am

and wow I really like the backing track with solo bit, you should keep goin with that :O

Hib3rnian wrote on Dec 4th, 2009 2:10am

Heh ur description could match me :p anyhoo Im wonderin how you record your mp3s... do you record directly to ur comp? and watd you use for drum tracks? D: my band project needs a better way to record, desperately lol.

and in regards to ur bass drop, I think its a little quick. as in it just seems like an explosion, it should fade out for a bit, if you can figure out how to do that :/

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next