One on Sunday

One on Sunday's Profile Comments

Equivalence wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 4:33pm

Hey there mate,
thanks a bunch for telling me of POS. That one track you posted was one hell of an eye-opener to me, I'm now sure that there's a lot of hiphop out there that I'm going to enojoy, it's just a matter of looking in the right places. :)

Sid McCall wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 7:25pm

That was an AMAZING first track! You should be very proud of the work you've done here! A little trick that you may find useful, give the synths a longer attack where they come in with chords right around when the drums come in. That way, they'll swell up a bit and give it a cool buildup feel.

From a production standpoint, I feel like the second half of the song is a bit too different from the beginning. It has an 8-bit video game feel (like the road to the elite 4 in the first pokemon!) that you pulled off superbly, but I think that the first and second halves of the song would be better separate. Maybe elaborate on each one, and split them, calling it 'pt.1' and 'pt. 2' to differentiate. Just a thought.

The one thing that really stood out was in the intro where you switched up the arpeggio for a few bars, then brought it back to the original so fluidly! I was really impressed with that. How did you make that happen, exactly?

Keep up the awesome work, I'm really looking forward to hearing some new stuff!

Sid McCall wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 6:11am

I'm looking forward to hearing your music, I'm gonna have a blast trying to pick out exactly what instruments you used and which effects you have on your tracks, assuming you don't use much third party software. Feel free to check out my tracks at www.myspace.com/scottyXdanger where I add something new every once in a while, whether it's a quick demo clip of a new idea, or a full blown production.

Sid McCall wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 6:11am

One on Sunday wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 11:44pm :
Hey man, I don't know if you remember but you answered my thread about getting a midi keyboard (called Electronic Time, iirc..). Just letting you know, I ended up getting a secondhand m-audio Axiom 49 for $185 (just as good as new, too) with ableton live 8, and I could not be more pleased with the gear and my results . So just giving you thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it really helped.

I'll hit you up with a youtube or myspace link once I get around to uploading one of the songs I made.
Oh man, that's awesome! It makes me so happy to hear from people who I've made recommendations to, especially when they're happy too!

Ableton will be your best friend if you take the time to learn how to use it. I just upgraded to the full Suite version and could not be happier. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them my way! Even if I don't know the answer, I love trying to find the answer because then I learn a little something too!

crazy8rgood wrote on Oct 18th, 2009 4:11am

Eh, to me, "Pieces of What" sounds like they're trying to sound a bit like the Rolling Stones. They seem to have a lot of 70's rock influences, like "Weekend Wars", which sounds a little like a Bowie song.

Their psychedelic roots also seem to be much deeper than their indie roots, and their first "album" (Climbing to New Lows) was pretty much all psychedelic electronica, without a hint of "indie" anywhere. And Oracular Spectacular was more of a cross between psychedelic electronica (the first half containing more of that), and psych-prog (second half starting with "4th Dimensional Transition")

I mean, there's moments where you could almost see them being indie, but no. They've even themselves said that they're not indie, or are trying to be indie.

crazy8rgood wrote on Oct 18th, 2009 3:42am

Sorry, that thread closed before I could answer you.

[QUOTE=One on Sunday]Probably the part that I quoted. I live right by Brooklyn, so I see a lot of the Brooklyn/hipster indie scene while its happening, and i'm very sure MGMT had a huge role in it.[/QUOTE]

Well, they're signed to Columbia, I'm not sure you'd call that "Indie" in any sense of the term, and their music leans much more towards neo-psychedelia than what most people consider "indie".

Fearless(Times) wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 12:16am

they're going to restock in nov

Tomaz24 wrote on Sep 15th, 2009 2:36pm

Hi. Just wanted to say thanks for that rather useful chunk of text of what to do in New York! Much appreciated bud! :cheers:

Montag00 wrote on Aug 20th, 2009 12:38am

Hey great band

Le_Bunny wrote on Mar 28th, 2009 9:48am

Awesome name man. I can't figure out why I like it.

Karvid wrote on Feb 7th, 2009 11:28pm

I'm pretty sure that the RHCP logo was the first avatar I had.

And I don't like dogs... so I'm pretty sure you're confusing me with somebody else

Karvid wrote on Feb 5th, 2009 11:35pm

No... am I supposed to know him?

Karvid wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 10:46pm

Not actually in the States at the moment. Stuck in the UK... where people make fun of my accent, vocabulary, and just about everything else :(

LazyLatinoRocke wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 5:46pm

You survived the FOTB? :eek: Whats its like?

aaron28 wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 12:56am

:cheers:
thnx fer the listen
hopefully it didn't suck too bad

Fat-bastard0603 wrote on Dec 29th, 2008 5:25pm

Hey what's up, why lurking?

RhyseOrtiz wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 9:22pm

One of my friends had told me when it was supposed to come out. I'm not sure if its still on that exact day, but meh, its supposed to be soon.

RhyseOrtiz wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 1:01am

One on Sunday wrote on Sep 16th, 2008 at 7:32pm :

hey thanks for the add! great to see we have a lot of music in common. especially marilyn manson, since he doesnt have a lot of supporters on UG. i really wanna see them live, you know when theyre touring?

I know, I wanna see them in concert too. Im not sure when they're touring yet, but the new album comes out Oct 31 (I think), if you didnt know that already..

the1 wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 10:35pm

One on Sunday wrote on Aug 27th, 2008 at 6:46pm :

yea they are. i used to be totally obsessed with them, but now they kinda faded away from me...i still really like them though. we have a lot of music in common which is cool

I've been into them for a while but I still like them just as much lol. It's their live energy that I love the most.
Great minds think alike!

the1 wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 11:45am

Of course!! They're a band that people hate, but if they took the time to listen they would see that actually they are genuinely awesome at what they do.

1 2 read next