Odirunn

Odirunn's Profile Comments

Isakale wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 11:03pm

Thank you for your help!

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Dec 13th, 2012 12:38am

Odirunn wrote on Dec 12th, 2012 at 4:42pm :
My pleasure! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Well...I'm trying to decide which song to record...

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Dec 12th, 2012 5:20am

Odirunn wrote on Dec 11th, 2012 at 10:56pm :
Oh no worries, I was just making sure, bud!
Nah, it's cool. Btw, thanks for your help in recordings forum. I should have a full song done by this weekend (minus the vocals).

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Dec 12th, 2012 4:48am

Hey, I hope you didn't think I was mad or anything about the dialect joke you made? I can be a little impersonal at times. I doesn't mean I'm mad or annoyed or anything. So, I apologize.

xXCRA1GXx wrote on Sep 17th, 2012 2:35pm

Odirunn wrote on Sep 7th, 2012 at 1:17am :
Hey man! That blend sounds really awesome for type of riffage you used it on! How does it do for chugging and stuff?
It sounds alot like the chugging in whitechapel with emg's, its abit harder to get that purr chug with the passives ive found though

xXCRA1GXx wrote on Sep 6th, 2012 8:36pm

Dude, check this out if you got nothing do that is :P http://soundcloud.com/failedcreation/amp-and-impul se-blending-mix

xXCRA1GXx wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 1:48am

Yo its been a while! Heres a new mix ive made its an improvment to say the least

DUDE1122 wrote on Dec 31st, 2011 2:03am

Literally pee'd listening to that myth ep demo dude. Your writing is getting more and more creative with each song! Cant wait to hear the rest man!

DisarmGoliath wrote on Sep 27th, 2011 11:58pm

Odirunn wrote on Sep 21st, 2011 at 3:51pm :
Here's a link to the newest mix: *link*

Cheers!
Hey dude, sorry it took me so long to listen properly - was away from my speakers for a while, had a few gigs, and now have flu lol... and on top of that, currently having to do backing mixes for our vocals to be done as the singer has been going into the studio more frequently lately... that + having to work 6 days a week to cover someone's holiday = one tired DG haha!

Anyway, I listened and it's all very tight - my only criticism would be that the guitars sound very quiet and perhaps lacking a bit of midrange... I know the tonality is more to do with the genre (and I'm more of a fan of older-sounding leads, and bright rhythms than what sound scratchier and more distant to me) but mainly I'd say the guitars need bringing up a bit.

I appreciate that it's not a genre I listen to as much though so I do think it stands well against other stuff like it musically!

DisarmGoliath wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 10:52pm

'Sup man, gonna crit your latest mix tonight now I've seen your comment, and then reseen since sleeping :p: Did check it out briefly last night but was too tired to comment properly so crashed out instead lol. Hows things anyway?

!Mike! wrote on Aug 1st, 2011 9:24pm

!Mike! wrote on Aug 1st, 2011 at 3:24pm :
hey dude thanks again for the help, reason why i havent updated you with the recording is because I decided I wouldn't continue until I have proper recording equipment. I finally got a job (well two actually) so I'll be able to by a mic and a decent interface this week so I'll be updating you on it very soon! Thanks again for the help my friend.
wow I said thanks again for the help one too many times

!Mike! wrote on Aug 1st, 2011 9:24pm

Smalls=) wrote on Jun 1st, 2011 6:27pm

Hey you changed your picture!
It looks good.

xXCRA1GXx wrote on May 30th, 2011 10:49pm

xXCRA1GXx wrote on May 30th, 2011 at 9:48pm :
Hey dude i got this new Ez drummer Metalheadz expansion its based of tom hakkes set from meshuggah theres 2 skins for it a sonor kit and a tom hakke kit it sounds so much better than the DFH kit you can hear it in my new mix test

oh btw i used teh sonor drums from teh metalheadz expansion the meshuggah ones abit to djent for me if i had i djent tone id use it but i dont :(

xXCRA1GXx wrote on May 30th, 2011 10:48pm

TubeAmp89 wrote on May 19th, 2011 9:56am

You should have killed me is AMAZING. You produced that? I tip my hat to you, sir! :D

Odirunna wrote on May 11th, 2011 8:52pm

DisarmGoliath wrote on May 11th, 2011 at 1:29pm :
Got the stems for that guy's melodeath song btw - been giving it 15-min mix sessions every so often since the weekend, and I like how it's coming along. Only problem, which I can understand if it's done in his bedroom, is that the vocals seem to have been recorded quiet, where he couldn't make the volume required for the screams/growls to have as much energy as on top releases so atm it sounds decent at a good volume, but as I turn down the master volume the vocals lose a lot of energy and sound more strained/whisper-screamed.

Yeah, I had some issues with vocal processing. I had to do a ton of automation to make the reverbs and what not sit well on the backing vocal track because it had so many parts bounced to one track. Had a few problems with the DI's as well because they were recorded at different times and you can hear the different strings.

This is my latest mix on it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16210823/Perm3.mp3

DisarmGoliath wrote on May 11th, 2011 8:29pm

DisarmGoliath wrote on May 11th, 2011 8:28pm

Hey dude, decided to trial a bit of multi-band on the bass (I've never really used it on single instruments/sources, only really on the master fader before) and I think it's improved things a bit - as did lowering the overall volume of the bass, as I think I made it too prominent before to emphasise the sidechain ducking lol.

Also, have a new mix of Hollow Ground on my profile, and I also boosted the mids on the guitar group a tad, as well as deciding that my purist method trying to see how far I could go with the recorded kick was only going 75% of the way, so I've blended in a sampled kick from god-knows-where with the original. See what you think anyway!

DisarmGoliath wrote on May 4th, 2011 5:04pm

Just re-read your last post, and realised listening at low volumes convinced me your bass fundamental was lower than the kick despite you saying otherwise haha. I now need to correct myself then, and say that I probably find your mix different to my style mainly because I like the bass to be the lowest element in the mix and really drive the track (as the fundamental for the bass in most metal when live is between 36-44 I believe or somewhere around here) and I usually have the kick high-passed at 60Hz so that any fast kick patterns aren't eating up headroom with barely-audible low-end flutters.

Might try your way and see if this works better on this mix though!

1 2 3 read next