Nolly

Nolly's Profile Comments

TheBabySnatcher wrote on Jan 8th, 2009 7:56pm

Ah great, I'll definetly be buying it :)

You're such a great guitarist (as well as your other guitarist, subscribed to him aswell), Whats your practicce routine look like? Got any tips?

TheBabySnatcher wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 2:59pm

Hey dude, love your band :)
Planning on making a EP?

helsinki_vampir wrote on Jan 3rd, 2009 4:57pm

Yo!
I wonder if the VH4 gets good Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave sound (basicly a cranked JCM 800 sound)? Is it also possible to get a good Killswitch Engage sound?

travd92 wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 3:36am

Nolly wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 7:17pm :

Thanks mate,
The VH4 is tighter, darker and fatter sounding, and has an very immediate response that's kinda love/hate. Obviously, I love it, but you'll have to try for yourself to understand I think.

i would love to try one eventually. to be honest, the herbert was nice, but i didn't think it was 4,400 dollars nice. my mark IV could hold its own against it in my opinion. but it was still nice :) and how is the orange cab? its soo beautiful.

willyman101 wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 1:18am

Nolly wrote on Dec 27th, 2008 at 8:15pm :

willyman101 wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 at 1:05am :

Hey Nolly, just looked up the Vader cabs but annoyingly they're over 450...
Are Orange cabs more expensive in black? Not really massively important but just aesthetically...

Ah, the pound falling really hasn't helped us on that one.
The black Orange cabs are the same price as the orange ones, but they're made to order, so you'll probably have to wait a couple of months before you get it unless you're lucky. Mine took just over 10 weeks.

Ah well screw that, I'll just get the orange one. Love your rig tho man... jealous.

willyman101 wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 1:05am

Hey Nolly, just looked up the Vader cabs but annoyingly they're over 450...

Tom_hatton wrote on Nov 15th, 2008 12:31am

Nolly wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 7:23pm :
Yeah that's me

So you are the guy I hate. Cool.

: peace :

Tom_hatton wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 1:43pm

Hey dude. Saw you in GG&A, are you the same Nolly from the SS.org forums?

USCENDONE BENE wrote on Sep 21st, 2008 4:43pm

Goddamn your band are great. Good luck in finding a singer, i think they are the hardest member to find, personally. How long have you been playing guitar for?

Jon

USCENDONE BENE wrote on Sep 20th, 2008 8:14pm

Cheers Nolly, your help is much appreciated :)

So do you play in a band at all?

USCENDONE BENE wrote on Sep 15th, 2008 5:07pm

Hey, its me again.

Thanks for replying to my decimator question by the way, i have another.

Basically im stuck between the normal pedal and the G-string pedal (too poor a student to fork out for rack =/ ). Will the G-string be beneficial to me? As i get quite a fair amount of hum/fizz from my amp (while not playing) when its on its first gain stage, plus feedback at high volumes and all the rest of it. Then i have my OD pedal which adds more hum / fd. back to the front. Im really not sure which of the two pedals to go for, whether the G will be worth it.

Thanks man :)

USCENDONE BENE wrote on Sep 14th, 2008 10:40pm

Amazing gear! Must have cost you a bomb! What pedals do you have? I can see what looks like a TS and i can see the ISP rack (so much cheaper in US lol). But yeah, very impressive :)

bjoern_swe wrote on Sep 10th, 2008 9:33pm

That is some wicked gear, mate... You don't have some soundclips to share with us?

aznrockerdude wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 2:14am

Nolly wrote on Aug 13th, 2008 at 6:58pm :

aznrockerdude wrote on Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:34am :

Man, I just realized your rig is alot like Pin's (Sikth)...

Haha, yeah true. To be fair, it was Pin that suggested checking out the Blackmachines and Bareknuckle pickups, but the Diezel and the G-system are kinda coincidence.

To be fair, my rig wouldn't be much different from that if I lived in Europe, especially the Blackmachine... *drool*

aznrockerdude wrote on Aug 13th, 2008 2:34pm

Man, I just realized your rig is alot like Pin's (Sikth)...

papersun87 wrote on May 24th, 2008 4:59am

You've got some sick, sick gear. :heart:

Mark G wrote on Jan 30th, 2008 11:52am

The G-sharp is so simple, I shouldn't need a midi controller (even though you can if you want to). I might order a footswitch if I find the need. My room is pretty small though so I shouldn't.

Mark G wrote on Jan 28th, 2008 12:25am

Well, I ordered the G-sharp, and I'll wait with the ISP until something comes along that doesn't affect my attack and tone in any way. I considered getting a Gmajor, but that thing has way too much for me, so it isn't worth spending 400 on. Most of the noise in my system is coming from my EQ, so I might just updrade that to get rid of the noise. Well see after I get the G-sharp.

Nothing serious getting you down I hope? And let me know how that EP goes!

Mark G wrote on Jan 26th, 2008 9:37pm

You had nice advice in that thread I made about the Gsharp and the ISP, so I figured I'd add you. Whats up?

loonyguitarist wrote on Jan 4th, 2008 9:26am

Yeah, sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. I don't think we're going to be heading over to Prior Park until after you've gone. Would you be available to drop it round? I will of course pay for petrol. If not, could I collect it sometime after you've gone.

Cheers.