Nolly

Nolly's Profile Comments

Butters8754 wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 5:37pm

that Elmwood is SO beautiful, and they sound tremendous, even on youtube. I can't even imagine how nice it must be in real life!

Congrats, I didnt know you had a NAD!

jambi_mantra wrote on Jun 7th, 2009 3:08pm

Hey again, after some research I'm actually quite interested in the TC G system, due to my lack of space. Would it be possible to get a brief review, probably easier to do it in a PM though. Cheers.

jambi_mantra wrote on May 17th, 2009 10:11pm

Nolly wrote on May 17th, 2009 at 9:48pm :

Congrats mate!
I use my TC Electronics G-system as the MIDI controller. Any will do though. The Columbus is great and built like a tank, but it does cost a fair whack for what you get features-wise.

Ahh ok, cheers. I'll start looking around at ones, see what I can get for a decent price.

jambi_mantra wrote on May 17th, 2009 4:23pm

Hey, cheers for that add.

Finally getting my VH4 on Tuesday, so excited. Just wanted to know what footswitch your using? Is it their Columbus one, or a generic MIDI one? Any recommendations?

hmmm_de_hum wrote on May 17th, 2009 12:41pm

Thanks for accepting man, hoping to get on the list for a B7 at some point...

mh400nt wrote on May 17th, 2009 12:06am

Nolly wrote on May 16th, 2009 at 7:45am :

Oh my shit....I just saw hairychris's B7, its a bit special! Wouldnt be my first choice but the craftsmanship....I didnt think doug COULD get any better!!

mh400nt wrote on May 16th, 2009 8:48am

Hey man, whats the next blackmachine you are getting? Ive got an order in for an F8, that thread you did on SS about Bulbs burled one....I must have stared at those pictures for hours, its not a guitar, its a work of art!

Dopey_Trout wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 7:12pm

Finally got the money to get a set of BKP's and.... holy shit

I kind of faintgasmed the first time I plugged them in lol!

I got a set of Nailbombs and he recommended Cold Sweats for my build

he is an awesome guy though

Butters8754 wrote on Jan 20th, 2009 8:21am

I have been to Bath. Lovely town, and nice gear and I enjoy reading your posts.
I am going back to England this summer, looking forward to it!

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 10:34pm

BTW you should totally learn Palms Read by PTH

I know you've already done Bloodmeat but Palms Read is just such an epic song.

Thanks for all of the BKP help too man :)

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 9:12pm

thanks a million man

I'll give them a phone on tuesday probably and I'll keep you posted on the build

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 8:33pm

is there a number for Tim listed on the website or is it just the customer service number? Thats the only one I could see

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 7:52pm

cheers for the help man

might give Mills a phone and get his two cents about it. Looking for ideal pickups for my build as well which I'm aiming to start in June. What can I say I like to plan ahead lol

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 7:40pm

do the Cold Sweats have enough output? I would have put them more in the vintage category lol

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 5:36pm

well ideally a warm hum in the neck (Opeth clean tone)
and a fairly high output hum for the bridge (Priest to MH)

I am aware that both the bridge tones are EMG but I hate EMGs so here I am lol

was looking into either a BKP Cold Sweat or Nailbomb in neck, Painkiller, Nailbomb, Warpig or Miracle Man in the bridge

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 5:03pm

FUCKING HELL YOU HAVE TWO?

Never noticed that before!

You wouldn't happen to be some kind of BK genius would you? Need some advice on BKPs for my PRS

Dopey_Trout wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 4:39pm

Thanks for accepting man

Your Blackmachine is awesome

BTW what BKPs do you have in there?

aznrockerdude wrote on Jan 16th, 2009 1:10am

Nolly wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 at 6:14pm :

Yeah, it's the reason why I made an account there: I was a bit disappointed when the whole "basswood battle" broke out... thankfully, it was short lived.

Where the BKPs in the Tele noisy? I personally like the sound of single-coils with high gain, I just hate the excessive noise.

aznrockerdude wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 7:33pm

Hey Nolly, have you ever owned a 7-string at all? I mean, you tune low and you have an account at ss.org...

And that Tele that Misha was using on a video of yours, is that yours or his? Is a run of the mill Tele or a higher-end one?

Sorry for all the questions lol.

Night_Lights wrote on Jan 9th, 2009 11:15am

I want your gear, especially your blackmachine! congrats on owning such an impressive instrument.

read previous 1 2 3 4 read next