Ninjamonkey767

Ninjamonkey767's Profile Comments

AngryGoldfish wrote on Dec 29th, 2009 6:10pm

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:41am :
Yeah, that was totally why

I dunno. And I dunno if I'm really back. But I wrote something and thought why not.
Ah, cool, you wrote something. I'll take a look.

AngryGoldfish wrote on Dec 29th, 2009 12:30am

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 11:37pm :
good-ums. feels weird being back.
Why did you come back? Did you miss me?

AngryGoldfish wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 6:02pm

You're online. How are you?

kdownes wrote on May 15th, 2009 10:52pm

I've posted a new piece if you want to leave a comment, Ben. It's near the top of the page so I won't bother with a link.

kdownes wrote on Apr 19th, 2009 11:48pm

Oh, and copy that code and delete the comment asap, i don't want millions of pirate copies out there.

DigUpHerBones wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 8:10pm

Yep, and usernames, that's how I got it for free; I reused his!

DigUpHerBones wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 10:54am

=P My recording equipment at the moment is a 5 usb mic and mixcraft, which Kyle very kindly gave me his password for! Before that I used my stills camera and windows media maker as it had better quality than audacity (all songs on my profile but the latest version of skylarks are done on that).

AngryGoldfish wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 12:01am

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 at 7:23pm :

Thanks for your help, man. It's good to get some help from a guy who's already got some songs under his belt. I should have some more songs up in the next few weeks for your listening pleasure. The digital band might have to stay, because of how bad my recording equipment is. I'll record some vocals over top of it and see how that sounds. Maybe change the name to "Ben and the robot brigade"

Thanks again. Cheers.

Hey, that's what friends are for ............................. haha

DigUpHerBones wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 7:45pm

Hey :) Sorry for taking forever!
I liked it, thought the tune was good, it was a nice listen. Needs a real guitar with passion in the playing, though!
x

AngryGoldfish wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 5:14pm

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 10:44pm :

Not really. My first few S&L pieces had a melody, but I never put any music to them. Nowadays, it's strictly poetry. Go figure.

I always thought that I could write vocals on a guitar, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I've also thrown around the concept of just doing free verse for some parts. It's a working process, and I work slowly.

Free-verse could work well. Work with what you find the easiest. Most my lyrics started out as poetry, where I just sing it over the top. It turns out more interesting and free-form that way, as well as being less consuming and aggravating.
It's good that you have the belief in yourself; having that confindence may work wonders when you get down to it.

ZanasCross wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 6:05am

Not too damn shabby. I'd love to hear it with a good guitar and less processed sound behind it, sounds like it could be quite bad ass.

AngryGoldfish wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 11:36pm

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 9:42pm :

Yeah, I did it myself. It's pretty easy to crank out riffs when you have a digital band to lay ideas against. I should have a couple more songs up after I refine them, as well as end this format war my computer is waging. I'm hoping to write some vocals, because I have no idea how to go about that aspect of writing >.<.

Glad to hear the second wave of Poor Reeves songs are coming soon. Hope the vocals get caught well, because I really couldn't hear you that much.

The vocals and drums are always the hardest to get right.
I write tunes with PowerTab and GuitarPro - most of Poor Reeves' material was initially written in one of those programs.
You've never written lyrics to a song before then?

AngryGoldfish wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 10:27pm

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 8:48pm :

By now, you should expect that from me
Thanks for checkin it out.

Did you compose it all yourself? It's well done. I should have a few more tracks recorded and put up in the next few weeks. I might do some personal stuff, as well. I'll try and get the vocals higher, as well, by moving the microphones around the room a bit.

AngryGoldfish wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 5:49pm

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 4:38pm :

Lol, I did it on TuxGuitar, so it's all digital. I didn't actually play it. Use your imagination :

Something wasn't right. You were too damn good. ;)

AngryGoldfish wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 5:33pm

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 at 1:15am :

Thats my band, foo! Lemme know what you think.
Maybe one day, we could open for you

It's really weird. It sounds digital. Is it just you? I've never heard anything like it before, really.

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on Mar 23rd, 2009 1:21am

Cheers new friend! :cheers:
Nice to meet you :)

ZanasCross wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 7:45am

Ninjamonkey767 wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:46am :

Hey, have you and Katherine been working on a piece for the collab-comp?

its done. She has a final version and should send it soon. If she doesn't let me know and I'll forward it to you.

We threw it together today, because I went home to see my mommy this weekend and was without computer/internet for the previous week.

Thanks for checking in though, mom ;)

jjhand wrote on Jan 27th, 2009 10:47pm

Hey there. I know you liked my 'Zero Chance' tab. I also put a full version of 'Like Suicide' and 'Let Me Drown', in case you like the superunknown CD.

jiminizzle wrote on Jan 24th, 2009 5:04pm

she moved her fingers.

and her pupils responded to light but she still hasn't woken up.
so that's good news.

thanks for caring. thanks a lot.

jiminizzle wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 11:19pm