NeutralFan

NeutralFan's Profile Comments

BenRaah wrote on Apr 27th, 2013 1:25am

NeutralFan wrote on Apr 20th, 2013 at 11:03pm :
Hey, did you know that your description of Amplifier reached their Wikipedia page?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplifier_%28band%29# cite_note-1

Haha cool, I forgot about that review. Glad to see you're enjoying TTT. Go and see them live if you ever get the chance, the drummer is an absolute beast to watch.

BenRaah wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 7:03pm

NeutralFan wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 at 6:26pm :
Just bought Somewhere Along the Highway on your recommendation. I decided to get the limited edition for some insane reason though and I couldn't find it in this country, so it's coming from some guy in the States. Something to look forward to when it comes, I guess.

Sounds cool, though the existence of a special edition is news to me. How are you enjoying Music For Nurses btw?

BenRaah wrote on Feb 9th, 2013 9:15pm

NeutralFan wrote on Feb 7th, 2013 at 11:38pm :
Guess what? I just bought a copy of that special EP off Amazon. 'Used - Very Good' - here's hoping that works out...

Awesome! I stand corrected. How much did it set you back?

NeutralFana wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 9:13pm

BenRaah wrote on Feb 5th, 2013 at 11:07pm :
Music for Nurses is totally awesome, maybe even my favourite Oceansize release. I'd recommend looking for a download though as the chances of you finding a physical copy are pretty slim, and it's way too essential to miss out on! I was lucky enough to find one on ebay pretty cheap a few years ago but I wouldn't count on it now.

Nah, I'm determined to get a physical copy. Call it OCD, but I'm going to have the full Oceansize discography if it kills me. Anyway, I could buy one right now if I had 40. I just don't, lol.

I'm scouring Discogs and eBay though - the minute something at a sane price comes up, it's mine.

BenRaah wrote on Feb 5th, 2013 11:07pm

BenRaah wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 5:25pm

Yeah that sounds about right. My grandmother lives in a small village in Switzerland and it's pretty much the same deal there (although not so much recently).

Somewhere Along The Highway is the one to get. Brings to mind a big open plain somewhere, really expansive and natural sounding. Musically all their stuff is pretty similar but they definitely went down the 'urban dystopia' route with their aesthetic choices on the new one.

My interest in Biffy is pretty much limited to Infinity Land and a sense of nostalgia for the gig of theirs I saw back six or so years ago. I've heard some of the new record but the production really irks me. Everything sounds so sterile, drums triggered, all perfectly quantised, compressed to shit. I don't listen to an awful lot of rock music nowadays anyway but that kind of thing is a real deal breaker for me.

Lol, couldn't quote because I went over the character limit...

BenRaah wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 2:46pm

NeutralFan wrote on Jan 31st, 2013 at 7:14pm :
Wow, sorry I never replied to this. Seriously, I never check this thing.

Yeah, I had a cock-up with my order too actually. Was fine when they realised that Orkney isn't actually off Australia, but it meant I got it a week late. =(

I'd certainly post regularly in a revived Oceansize thread, but it seems a bit pointless to bring it back now. On the other hand, it might be as good an idea as any.

You live in Orkney? Man I bet it's beautiful up there. I often think it'd be great to live somewhere more remote, but I'm sure it has its downfalls.

How are you enjoying the new Cult of Luna? I've only given it a few listens so far but it has a pretty different vibe to most of their other stuff.

BenRaah wrote on Nov 17th, 2012 4:16pm

NeutralFan wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 9:43pm :
I never use my profile stuff. I quoted you instead of answered you. I think I want to answer you. So I'll paste the message I posted -

Thanks. Sorry, I never check up this page. 1000 cool points to you to, good sir - 'tis spiffingly agreeable to stand on common ground with a fellow man of good taste.

Also, you may want to spend more time in the Muse thread. Several Oceansize fans in there.

Well I just realised I never replied to this. I think maybe that old Oceansize thread needs resurrecting, although I do lurk the muse thread from time to time.

My British Theatre LP arrived this week, but it's in Swindon and I'm in Hertfordshire so I can't have it until I go home for christmas. That feel man, that feel.

NeutralFana wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 9:33pm

BenRaah wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:09am :
I've seen you post about Oceansize and Amplifier. +1000 cool points from me sir, more people on here need to appreciate those bands.

BenRaah wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 11:09am