Mwoit

Mwoit's Profile Comments

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 8:36am

I'm not sure, we'll probably leave at about 5:30-6:00 and get the train to Central, I'll find out an exact time today.

Yass though :D

dogismycopilot wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 2:29am

I like your bass. Keep on playing.

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 3:28am

Mwoit wrote on Apr 19th, 2008 at 8:10pm :

That's awesome dude. You play live often? Most of the time when I sound check the guys at the venue do it for us. Then again, they do it kinda shit so we end up sounding bad. You got a load of pedals and stuff like that accompanying your gear?

I used to play live a lot. Jump from band to band and whatnot. Not so much anymore.

The only pedals I used back then were a boost and a wah. My tone was straight guitar into amp.

The guys sound check over here too but much like you guys, they just end up making us sound like roasted turd. :haha:

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 1:45am

Mwoit wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 8:37pm :

A couple of amps?! A P.A. System!? You are one insane dude. And a rich dude. You into a bit of sound engineering yourself? I would love to make it a proper hobby but cash is a bit of a bastard when it comes to it. -_-

I just want to get all of that stuff because I can't stand bad tone. Especially when I play live. A lot of the times, the sound guys are really incompetant and don't have the right equipment or don't know how to mic amps. This way, I can get my own sound that I'm happy with and what not. :p

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 2:14pm

It's not as bad as telling people about Mattias Eklundh >.>

Last year...nothing was used, this was the first year ever of the guitar ensemble :p:
At Gartmore I think there were five people who used acoustics, and four of us used electrics to practice, which was pretty much all day, the only time you need acoustics is for the actual performance. Meh.

I'm thinking of a J-custom, whichever plays better when I try 'em out, I've got quite a bit of cash now, over 1000, so it should be awesome. I think I'll be going down to my Auntie's house during the summer and she'll take me down to Denmark Street in London, which is where all the guitar stores are, so I'll probably get it then :D Which is quite soon.

It takes me a 20 minute train ride to get into Queen Street too :p:
We should totally jam, like, I don't know, somewhere during the summer holidays.

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 1:09pm

Mwoit wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 5:39am :

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 15th, 2008 at 2:24pm :

I just sold the junk Only keeping the quality stuff now.

Ah, you insane man. What about recording equipment and amps? You ever gonna start buying more of them?!

Probably. I'll pick up a couple of amps and whatnot and maybe a P.A. System and a mixer.

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 15th, 2008 7:24pm

Mwoit wrote on Apr 15th, 2008 at 11:29am :

<BR><BR>Damn. You have some hardcore guitar goals man! Did you not sell like half your guitar collection already?

I just sold the junk :p

Only keeping the quality stuff now.

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 14th, 2008 11:38pm

Mwoit wrote on Apr 14th, 2008 at 5:04pm :

Then you must have some form of bad ass job / income! What's your next piece of equipment you're after now?

Had... :haha:

I'm going for a '60's Reissue Les Paul and a 1987x

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 14th, 2008 1:07pm

:haha: Awesome. I hate when people pronounce it Steve Vay (like pay). grr. haha.

IF it's your last year next year you should totally come, and one of the guys I know played with us at Gartmore and didn't turn up at our live performances :haha: Maybe there's an option >.>
Hopefully by that time I'll have my J-custom/RG7620 to play.

Our guitar instructor also said that next year, as well as doing the Guitar Ensemble, we could organise like, solo/group performances to play at the gigs as well, so there I'll get to play some good stuff ^.^

I live just outside the center of Glasgow, it's a 10 minute train ride for me to get there, so I'm close, and I'd so be up for that ;)

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 14th, 2008 12:28pm

Mwoit wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 7:29pm :

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 at 8:48am :

I'd probably give him my black Dean.

I see. But did you not realize you could beat up a one armed hobo!?

And damnit, you got some badass gear. Second hand most of your gear?

The '83 and the Frankenstrat are second hand. The rest are new gear.

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 1:48pm

Well it's a 1983. The last one, in fact, made by Dean Zelinsky so... I think you can piece it together with that. :haha:

I'd probably give him my black Dean.

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 1:32pm

Aye, we played at the Big Guitar Weekend and there were other people performing as well as us and these two girls came up and it was like :eek:
Pure classical uber shred.
And their heavy panting was quite a turn on >.>

We were going to play with all electrics, but cause like only a few people brought their electrics to practice we decided to use acoustics as that was what we were practicing on :|

You should totally do it next year, the performance stuff is crap at the moment, but the weekend we practiced up at Gartmore was awesome. We just spent it like, playing football, jamming along to Joe Satriani (well, I was anyway :haha: ) and we got taught some really cool things from our instructors, like some cool whammy tricks.

I wish we could do that then not do a performance though >.>

And I'd be Hammet, obv...

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 11th, 2008 1:49pm

Ain't it just? It would be rather epic though.

And the other guitarists...Well, Gordon was really good at what he does, not my style, but you could tell he was real good.
I knew Max (who was sitting to Gordon's right in the performance) was amazing, he's more of a metal player as well (:)) and he kicks everyones ass at tapping, but he didn't mess around much on the guitar, most of the time he was sitting playing his Scot Joplin at the Piano :p
Dave (Elypson on here, the ginger one that was sitting at the far right) is an amazing player as well, incredible rhythm player!
The rest though, it wouldn't be fair to say, cause they're all relatively new to the guitar.

You should totally join btw >.>
We were told a girl was going to join us and everyone was like ^.^ But she didn't turn up :(

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 11th, 2008 4:14am

I can manage. :haha:

thanks!

As for which guitar...

The blue Dean.

Hands down.

H4T3BR33D3R wrote on Apr 10th, 2008 3:38pm

Hey!

Thanks for the add.

Your gear is killer! :p

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 10th, 2008 2:36pm

Nah, I just left after we played, I wanted to get home to watch the Rangers match :p:
I watched them before we came on though, awesome stuff they had.

Our stuff was dead...shit, I must say.
I was expecting more, because our instructor hyped it all up and when we got there and had a look at the music i was just like :| That's it?
Cause I knew Gordon, Max, Dave and I are advanced players so I thought it would have been a bit more interesting.
He wants us to do some Metallica with the String orchestra next year, maybe that'll be better :haha:

And noted on the bassist btw :p:
The only band member i can't find over here >.<

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 5th, 2008 12:29pm

:haha:

Awesome.

Then again, how often do you see a SX fan in Glasgow >.<
I think I've seen like, two, maybe. :P

And that thing on thursday went so bad, I wish we didn't have to play after the Jazz band

I'm so jealous of your RG550 btw :(

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 4th, 2008 1:59pm

Oh wait, you...guitar in the Jazz band?

buckethead_jr wrote on Apr 4th, 2008 9:12am

Mwoit wrote on Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:00pm :

Yo dude, by any chance are you in the East Dunbartonshire Guitar Ensemble? If you ain't, sorry to bother you :

:eek:

Yes I am!

How do you know about that?

Vinnie9 wrote on Mar 27th, 2008 8:54pm