Monkey_Bassist

Monkey_Bassist's Profile Comments

webbtje wrote on Jan 30th, 2010 3:07pm

Nah, 's all about the chips.

dead-fish wrote on Jan 30th, 2010 3:10am

I missed them when they came to Toronto, so there! Hah!

Wait...

destroy_techno wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 8:14pm

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 at 10:40am :
Hey Dutchy! How's stuff been for you?

Hey man! I'm doing just fine thank you.

Getting really busy with the band stuff, and going up for an admission test for the music conservatory here in Dutch Denmark here in march.. Hoping for the best!

How're you doing?

webbtje wrote on Nov 17th, 2009 4:23am

Sorry, I got your post and then promptly put off answering it for about a year :haha

I'm not too bad, law-ing away at uni. Fuckton of work, I'm in the middle of an all-nighter now actually, for various rubbish reasons. Did you two know each other before by the way?

webbtje wrote on Oct 7th, 2009 3:55pm

There is a distinct lack of Monkey Bassist around these parts.

xthelonelywolfx wrote on Sep 5th, 2009 3:27pm

thnx for group join

dead-fish wrote on Sep 4th, 2009 12:44pm

Thought you were joining the army, no?

dead-fish wrote on Sep 2nd, 2009 6:56pm

Not completely terrible, to say the least.
You?

webbtje wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 3:09pm

Could have sworn one of us added the other ages ago :haha:

MHDrunk wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 11:45am

Hey - you're girlfriend's name is Ashleigh? So's mine :haha

Such a nice name ;)

King ofKumbucha wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 4:51am

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Jan 30th, 2009 at 11:40pm :

Hey man, how's it going mate?

Good to have you back on here, btw, keep our Metal coven strong (literally!! ololololol)

So how's that wickedsicknekrogrimtr00t4l Guitar coming along?

:haha: good one.
And thanks.

As far as guitar, I haven't been playing much lately as I've been mostly focusing on practicing my growls. I've gotten so much better I feel embarrassed of the recordings I have here. I'm in a Death metal band called Respawn the Ancients as their vocalist so I've really been focused on getting a good sound/writing lyrics for the twelve songs they have written. Although I am not yet on any of the recordings that should soon change. The most I have played guitar in the last month is at the end of practice my lead guitarist gets on drums and I pick up his guitar and we jam/play covers of songs I know.

How about you man? How's the bassaging going? I haven't seen you around here in a while!

Phill-Rock wrote on Jan 14th, 2009 10:22pm

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Jan 14th, 2009 at 11:17am :

(Sorry about the delayed reply)
Yeah, things are good, same deal here though, money, lack of work etc etc

But I'm pretty happy with Ashleigh staying here with me and my Family, even though temporary, I really am enjoying it

I've been getting into Vinyl/record territory now, got my Mum a record player for Christmas, hooked it up to the stereo, which is cool.

Also have some wicked Old-School DM and some Doom stuff if you haven't already heard of it, let me know if you want any recs
Cool

Pretty serious between you two then, eh? ;)

Fair play to ya.

Yeah, throw me some of the standouts if ya dont mind. Cheers.

Phill-Rock wrote on Jan 11th, 2009 2:52am

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Jan 10th, 2009 at 10:29am :

Hey again

Ah ok, good to hear, good for you mate.

How's things (apart from that) in your neck of the woods at the moment?
Everything's going great actually, though money isn't brilliant, with the economic situation...

You?

Phill-Rock wrote on Jan 8th, 2009 11:33pm

Hey, thought I'd keep ya up to date.

That "trouble" I mentioned turned out well after a few days, and I've been going out with her for 4 weeks today.

You might have got the idea in my mind, cheers. ;)

Phill-Rock wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 6:41pm

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 at 11:25am :

Oh, you did, did you... Hope the damage wasn't *too* severe...
In hindsight, it's not tha bad.

I hope.

Phill-Rock wrote on Dec 5th, 2008 8:44pm

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:01am :

Haha, ok, I follow. Women are over complex in nature, but that's a given And I'm more than happy mate, with my 'arrangement'. Both got lots in common, we don't argue/disagree, we both love Music, particularly ze Metalz, it's good, I must say

I wish you all the best my Celtic friend *salute*
Cheers, cause I got in a whole mess of trouble last night...

Phill-Rock wrote on Dec 2nd, 2008 7:34pm

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 10:27am :

Yep, Ashleigh (aka 9_11_4), still pretty surreal, I must say, but we're both really happy, so yeah. And thanks

Wait, a *few* girls? Stud-dom obviously isn't all it's cracked up to be then, haha
The way I see, I'm batting a bit outta my league with them.

One's the hottest girl in my Psychology year in college (according to all the lads) - most of the confusion came from drunkeness.

It's about time to settle down a bit, I'd prefer your situation to be honest.

Phill-Rock wrote on Nov 30th, 2008 4:16pm

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Nov 30th, 2008 at 7:34am :

Ah, ok, good to hear.

I'm doing well myself, keeping busy and what not

(I'm looking forward to my gf moving down, for a while, very soon. Still pretty funny, even to me, I started talking to her through this very site, I guess the Metal Chat thread *was* actually useful for something, haha)
Yeah, I heard something about that. It's Ash, isn't it?

Good for you then.

I'm in a very messy situation with a few girls at the moment. Not my fault, I say, but I have to deal with it.

Renka wrote on Nov 30th, 2008 12:06pm

Haha, those things happen. :p

King ofKumbucha wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 7:38am

Monkey_Bassist wrote on Nov 23rd, 2008 at 3:24am :

So long brother, let ye battle forth with pride until the halls of Valhalla call upon ye...
*Salute*

Man... it's shit like this that makes it impossible for me to leave.
Where else am I going to recieve a fucking Viking farewell? No where.
Well, I'm back and ashamed for being such an attention whore. A lot of things cleared up in my mind (a lot faster than I thought they would). Thank you for the kind words.

1 2 3 4 read next