Michael87

Michael87's Profile Comments

Avrill wrote on Jun 18th, 2013 9:54am

Yeah her timing is pretty bad, it drives us crazy xD
As for the unfettered song, that's her singing as well. I sang in the original demo, but I replaced it with her version. Also, I'm rather a pianist, than a guitar player ;)

Ah writer's block, never had that before, hope you'll get over it :)

Avrill wrote on Jun 11th, 2013 6:05pm

Michael87 wrote on May 28th, 2013 at 4:58pm :
Haha Well at least you're honest with yourselves I hope everything will work out with your new songs Btw. weren't your sister and you those who sing in your band The only things I can advise are maybe you need a bit more of a practice and rethink your songs. You can almost always come up with something better, when you try. Although you sometimes need to give some time to yourself to do it.

meh, our singer has a good voice, the problem is, she just doesn't know how to use it and she's so full of herself that she actually thinks she does... :p
so how is your music career doing? any new songs?

Avrill wrote on May 28th, 2013 1:51pm

Michael87 wrote on May 27th, 2013 at 9:13pm :
I guess I could say the same and what about your playing and your band? Something has changed there? Some new songs, etc.?

hm.. we had a show last saturday, it was pretty bad xD we're considering taking a new singer now
anyways I'm recording some new material at the moment, it should be ready in a week :)

Avrill wrote on May 27th, 2013 7:08pm

Michael87 wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 4:55pm :
What's up? Everything's fine?

Oh well, with ups and downs like always I guess :p
what about you?

the chalky one wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 3:43pm

Michael87 wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 6:33am :
You're welcome and good luck with the story
Thanks man, I'll let you know how it comes out. :)

the chalky one wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 1:40am

Michael87 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2013 at 6:28pm :
Yeah funny and actually not all scenes were taken in Poland since two of three movies there were Russian Nevertheless a few Polish actors played there too. All in all there's not much difference between that part of Russia and Poland, but if it helps you with making some description of a castle or something you can watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EggysQhiMFE photos of some polish castles and if you'd be interested in landscapes, I believe you won't have problem finding them
That gave me some good ideas, thank you. I think I will use some of those castles and mesh them together to make the one that fits the story best.

the chalky one wrote on Mar 23rd, 2013 4:51pm

Hey, I accidently posted my reply on my page. Go there to see what I said if you want. :)

the chalky one wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 4:36pm

I don't know, I'm taking a break from that one. I'm working on a short stroy called The Queen's Defender. Takes place in the 1400's, I made up a place for it and all that.

the chalky one wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 3:44pm

[/quote]It wasn't even my idea honestly, a friend of mine told me to use it cause he doesn't have the patience to write.
And I know, but the neighborhood is super ghetto, and the school is low budget and is known for drug problems.
But maybe you got something their, adding a fith charecter and having he or she die at the beginning would be interesting.
It's not like I expect this one to ever get published, it's mostly for fun and to pass the time.

the chalky one wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 1:51am

Michael87 wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 at 4:48pm :
I read you wrote two books in the past. I guess it's a bit occupying So about what they are and about what are you writing now?
I am currently working on a murder mystery novel, the killer is named K. (long story about why, he leaves a K on all his victims.) And he is the most dangerous, smartest, most brutal killer who ever exsisted.
The other one I'm doing by hand is called "3-22-13", it's about four high school students who break into the school to vandalize it, but discover the teachers are running a drug organazation.

the chalky one wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 4:34pm

Michael87 wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 at 4:10pm :
Hi,

I'm fine, thanks for asking. How are you?
I'm good, working on writing and books, and sore from dodge ball... Lol.

the chalky one wrote on Mar 15th, 2013 4:25pm

Hey, what's up?

em!ly wrote on Nov 3rd, 2012 11:13am

Michael87 wrote on Nov 1st, 2012 at 10:20pm :
Pretty soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed

Thanks dude :)

em!ly wrote on Nov 1st, 2012 11:22am

Michael87 wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:53pm :
Oh, great Every musician has its own style of playing, so I guess it could make a difference in some way. I hope everything will be ok now

Yeah, 12 string guitar might be interesting. I've never played on such guitar, although I'd wish to The neck is a bit wider and I suppose it's harder to press the strings down.

I hope so lol, we should be recording a new EP in early 2013 so that'll be interesting :)

em!ly wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 7:34pm

Michael87 wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 10:14pm :
Haha So all in all it didn't work out with that drummer? Maybe you could do like I do and compose drums in a program on a computer (or instead of composing them from a scratch use added patterns and just correct them, so they would fit your idea). It's not the best way, it's sometimes a bit laborious work, but it's always something.

Well actually it did, we liked him but it just felt weird playing electric stuff without our old band members, so seeing as that drummer (Harry) is a multi-instrumentalist we've asked him to stay with us as and play 12 sting guitar, mandolin and percussion on our next record. It's going to be pretty interesting :)

em!ly wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 2:30pm

Michael87 wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 7:32pm :
Maybe I don't know English well enough to see the difference, but it is kinda braking up , well maybe you just didn't quarrel during that and that's the difference.

It sometimes happens like that, maybe this time will be better and you'll gain from that split up.

Oh we quarrelled ha ha .. Hopefully thing will get better, we're staying acoustic for a while now

em!ly wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 8:55pm

Michael87 wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 at 8:58pm :
Maybe you could review that UK band I sent you, I guess they would be happy about it. Although they're from London, so I suppose you might not have time to go there, but you can always review them on-line.

Oh, it's a pity that you broke up. I thought you're getting along, you recorded a demo and wanted to record another one. So what with them now, they are going to make their own band and they just left you? Hope it will work out for you with those new musicians.

I'll look into doing that. We haven't technically broken up, they just left, we did make that demo but we'll be making another better one just as soon as our line up is sorted out. And yeah they have started a new band.

em!ly wrote on Oct 23rd, 2012 9:36am

All in all, how it goes so far? Have you thought about taking your chances as a music reporter in the future or it's just for fun for now and you want to be someone else (I guess professional guitarist) .[/quote]

ahh right i see, that's fair enough I guess. And our editor wants me to do more live reviews and interviews so i'm just trying to find some good bands playing locally that i can review, we're moving on to interviewing more signed and well known UK artists now.

Oh by the way, just so you know, i'm the singer in Majority Vote now. Hayley, Sam and Joe (vocals, guitar and drums) left last week. Me and jake (bass) are keeping going, we're trying out a new drummer this week and we'll be looking for another guitarist soon too. we've still got gigs booked for this year so if it goes well with the new drummer we'll be doing them as a three piece, if not we'll play acoustic.

Avrill wrote on Oct 21st, 2012 10:03am

Looks pretty cool, that's a really unique guitar you got there :)

Hehe, Chopin is Polish, right? Unfortunately I can't say I know any of his pieces, didn't pay much attention in music culture class xD

Well, I don't have the equipment to record it in perfect quality, and I kind of have the bad habit to record everything in one take, so there's a lot of imperfections.
Yeah, I used to mix the vocals too low in our early demos. It's my sister who sang the lead vocals, except for Unfettered (me singing) and Tell me (our current singer).
Unfettered is my fav too! I made a better version, but it doesn't have vocals yet

btw I listened to your songs on your youtube channel, I'm not really a fan of the vocals, but the instrumentals are really good, I like the old-school rock feeling :)

em!ly wrote on Oct 18th, 2012 9:15pm

Michael87 wrote on Oct 13th, 2012 at 11:52pm :
Haha I knew, you'd like them the most :P

I've just listened to her song, I like it and I'll read your interview later.

How did you become music reporter? Now I know to whom I should write, if I'd want to promote myself

my friend runs a site and just asked me to start contributing, i could review your stuff if you like (i'll have to run it by him first though) do you have a facebook page with your tunes on?

1 2 read next