Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard's Profile Comments

Torn_Asunder wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 3:56pm

Hey dude, i just did a tab for 'casey' by the menzingers and then you saw you'd done one too and we've worked it out pretty much identically. Just saying I didn't copy yours at all! We must think alike haha. Just clearing that up.

Jack

08L1V10N wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 11:03pm

Yo, you have a very good taste.

blake1221 wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 8:35am

Mean Mr Mustard wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 10:03pm :
Thanks dood, sounding pretty good upon the first listen. That bridge part of Redemption was pretty fucking good man. The vocals also remind me at times of Adam Lazzara for some reason.

Resolution you mean? haha thank you very much, if you can listen closely, my cousins do a great job on their vocal harmonies.

And thanks, I like Adam a lot, so that's only a compliment.

blake1221 wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 7:28pm

Mean Mr Mustard wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 8:36am :
Hey, where can I listen to your band's music?

Hey, I was going to bring it up in a thread, but I didn't want to seem to band-whore-y lol.

saintlyrows.bandcamp.com d00d!

JustRooster wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 6:16pm

Whenever I see your username I immediately start singing Mean Mr. Mustard.

JCAshworth247 wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 1:55am

balance and composure, that is your emblem I just now found out about them

AngrySockMonkey wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 8:11pm

Title Fight... fuck you, haha. I live in a small city on the east coast of Canada (some cool stuff going on here check out Fogtown) and don't get a chance to catch many big shows. Not to complain really, I love the local scene... it's just unfortunately bands like La Dispute and Balance and Composure overlooked this leg of the tour. Touche was really decent to come and they're all amazing guys.

But yeah. Jealous.

justinjaro wrote on May 11th, 2011 1:47am

shim
Mean Mr Mustard wrote on May 8th, 2011 at 6:30pm :
Hey, so I dont really know you, but my girlfriend (Jessica) does, youre both photographers or something, so I thought it was cool to see someone on this site that I recognize
hahah shim?

From Your Grave wrote on Apr 9th, 2011 5:51pm

Hey, I was wondering how you come up with the kind of songs that you do? Like, do you start with a guitar part and add more to it, what is your process?
I also wanted to say I really enjoy everything I've listened to. I haven't gotten around to any crits though because I feel like I'd have a lot to say, and I'm kinda lazy :p
Also, I think it's really cool that most of what you make is in Drop B. Drop B normally makes me think of stuff like BMTH, and similar metal bands to that genre. But because of your songs, I now view Drop B in a completely different way, and I thank you, because I used to hate Drop B, but now I see that a lot more can be done in it than I originally thought. I used to think you could only do the kind of thing that BMTH does when in Drop B.
That is all. :)

Duality Ninja wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 4:07am

Thanks for the add.

BigBigWater wrote on Jan 6th, 2011 4:25pm

RANDOM BUT: If you haven't heard them, you should listen to I Omega (they released an album as The Syncope Threshold). They're like a poppier version of Protest the Hero kinda? Think you may like them. ;P

Duality Ninja wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 11:33am

Thank you very much for the critique of my song, and we also have the same name hahaha

awesomo41894 wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 4:57am

No problem man :)

Axe Samurai wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 4:25am

Hey man, cheers for the excellent critique you gave me on my song. I hope i can repay the favour with a similar comprehenive one (although i usually do for people anyway)

Just curious if there is anyone in particular that you wanted me to look at?.

Julz127 wrote on Oct 28th, 2010 12:31pm

Hey, we should probably just talk on here to save unnecessarily bumping my thread constantly, although that would be nice...

[QUOTE=Mean Mr Mustard]haha its funny because to me, this doesnt sound anything like Tool (although I dont listen to them that much).

would you like to hear it? Its much more basic than yours, its pretty simple, I just feel like you kinda influenced it so maybe youd like to listen to it haha[/QUOTE]

yeah I'd totally like to hear it, also, I completely agree that you can't really see Tool or Radiohead in the music, I think it's more, their approach to writing music, tbh, I think it's more things I hear on the radio and stuff that I don't really pay any attention to that influences me the most.

Also for Mogwai, look up these songs:

I'm Jim Morrison
Ex-Cowboy
I Love you, I'm going to blow up your school

actually, just get the 'Hawk is Howling' album. It's brilliant.

Also, did you listen to my updated version of song 3? it's in my post down the page.

DiminishedFifth wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 2:52am

Haha it hasn't been two years anymore... but 3 1/2 :D

Thank you for your comment and request! I'm really glad you enjoy my songs.