MaggaraMarine

MaggaraMarine's Profile Comments

Shadowraen wrote on Feb 5th, 2013 5:38am

hey I followed this advice of yours in my thread:

"If it was used, it sounds more like it is the pickup selector. Epiphone guitars have crappy pickup selectors, you might want to look how yours is like. The pickup selector might have contact problems. There are those metal pieces that should touch the selector. You need to bend the two pieces closer to each other. You see it in the picture. This worked for me when I had similar problem.

I'm not sure if this is your problem. You might also want to clean the pickup selector."

I took the selector out and cleaned it, but now I have a pretty severe buzz, especially with high gain, that gets quieter when I touch the strings, but louder when I touch the pickup selector. Could you offer some advice? This issue is worse than the treble thing I was trying to fix originally to be honest.

SGT. WARNING wrote on Oct 13th, 2012 8:33pm

Thank you for the listen, 5 star rating, and comment on
"Tapered-------------------berryperfume"
Glad the title didn't scare you away.
Thanks dude, always appreciated.

Ometh wrote on Aug 20th, 2012 10:40pm

I saw you lurk ;)

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 4:38pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:22am :
Yes, I like Hendrix's music and playing style. The name kind of referred to the purple t-shirts we were wearing. The band leader just said that the name could include "purple" and "Purple Haze" was the first thing that came to my mind.

That's pretty cool. You should do a cover of Purple Haze sometime!

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 4:17pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:14am :
Thanks. This is from our music camp jazz band jams. The band was called "Purple Haze," my name idea of course. I play the second trumpet solo. There are three trumpets, flute, marimba, bass synth (the band leader), drums and percussion. I haven't really improvised on trumpet before so my solos on these recordings are not mind blowing.

Well, I found it to be pretty good regardless. Guessing you're a Hendrix fan?

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 9:05pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 1:54pm :
Do you use a metronome? I think Audacity has a click track. It's pretty important if we want to do overdubs.

BTW what amp are you using?

I'll make sure I start using one. I use a Traynor 15watt amp, and a Darelectro chorus and overdrive, Crybaby 535q wah-wah, MXR Distortion +, and a Banshee talkbox.

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 7:51pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 1:46pm :
I think Cubase is not free unless you have bought a Digitech RP pedal or some other kind of product that includes it.

What about drums and bass? Do you have a bass guitar and how do you record drums? I make a midi file that I convert into mp3 or then I use a Cubase instrument. And I record bass tracks of course because I have a bass guitar.

Defiantly not free :/ $99... For the lowest. I don't happen to own a drum set (I just play them in a school band), so I don't normally include them, or I use Finale to program a beat and export it as an mp3 to send to Audacity. For the bass, I run that through the PA with a chorus effect normally. Then I just crank the system and put the mic about 6 feet away from the speakers.

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 7:40pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 12:08pm :
That would be cool! Do you have Cubase? I mean, Audacity is just fine but I'm used to recording with Cubase. What recording equipment do you have? I'm going to send you my email address so send me yours with Private Message.

I've never heard of Cubase before. I'll look into it sometime. I have a Yeti studio mic and I run that direct to audacity on my computer. I normally just put the mic near the amp, or for vocals I'll sing right into it. I have a PA, but I don't like using it for recording :/

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 5:42pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 3:44am :
Recording collaboration... Sounds interesting. If I have time then maybe. I mean, how would it work? Do you have some ideas?

Collaboration: Do you have Audacity or anything like that? And I was thinking, we pick a key, write some riffs, chord progressions, ect. and send them to each other. Then the other person will start to add to them and we continue till a song is written ;p Just something I felt like trying. I have some stuff in Cm, and some in Am that I'll get recorded soon. If you have the time, it could be pretty fun (hopefully).

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 9:31pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 3:04pm :
thechaostheory wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:00am :Really like this! Not really shredding though (which is cool with me cuz I like there to actually be melodic soloing in music over just really fast playing). Really like the tone. Great playing! Rock on \m/. .\m/
Thanks for the comment.

Yeah, I have found some useful sounds with my RP355 pedal. Good for recording, not that good for just playing.

Oh, and I also play trumpet.

Haha! No problem. Your stuff is good!!! I'm guessing that your pedal is a multi effects? I'd look forward to something on the trumpet! I'm not that great at it, just learning it. Way better at Saxophone! Did you check out Night? I'm sure you'll like that if you play a concert instrument!

SGT. WARNING wrote on Apr 3rd, 2012 2:21am

:headbang:

dsss guitars wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 6:05pm

Evening.......Just Passin...........

SGT. WARNING wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 8:27pm

My drums are programmed or cut and paste, I add crash cymbals here and there to try to make them sound more authentic, but they just cant compare to a real drum set.....wish I had one. Panning "like mixing" is an art form in its self. Its hard to pan preset stereo effects because they are already panned to fit there own stereo sound and not necessarily to the song you are creating. Some times when I need to pan a preset stereo sound "say a guitar part" I will record the part on 3 stereo tracks "instead of only one". I pan one stereo track all the way left another stereo track all the way right and the last stereo track I pan just off center depending on the pan placement and adjusted volume settings. I use this 3 track gig so I can pan a stereo sound without loosing the stereo....If that makes sense.

SGT. WARNING wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 5:26pm

I forgot to add this in my reply to funky jam.....
"Pretty good for playing all the parts too....

MaggaraMarinea wrote on Dec 28th, 2011 4:13pm

Yeah! 1500 views!

Tonzza wrote on Dec 27th, 2011 2:34pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Dec 27th, 2011 at 10:32am :
Tonzza wrote on Dec 27th, 2011 at 6:43am :42:seen tos ei taida olla juurikaan mitään mullistavia eroja, mutta 72:ssahan on paremmat mikit ainaki
Samat mikit näky olevan Ibanezin sivuilla. Siin on kai eri materiaalii kaula tai jotain. Mutta kun hinta on n. tuplasti enemmän. Koulussa kun on toi 72 ja se tuntu aik jees käteen ja soi ihan kivasti, nii mietin vaan että miten toi halvempi eroo. Kai siitä hyvästä tuntumasta kannattaa maksaa niinku omalla kohalla Charvelista, jossa oli hieno tuntuma.

Ite katoin thomanilta tota 72 ja siin näytti olevan eri mikit ku 32:ssa ja 42:ssa, mutta onha se vähä hienomman näköne ku noi kaks. Soitettavuus tuskin parempi ku esim 32:ssa. et en sitte tiiä onko järkee maksaa niin paljo enemmän periaatteessa samasta kitarasta

Tonzza wrote on Dec 27th, 2011 4:43am

MaggaraMarine wrote on Dec 26th, 2011 at 9:40pm :
Tiiäks miten tää eroo esim. RGA72:sta tai RGA42:sta (muuta kun hinta ja väri)?

GuitarManiac110 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 5:56pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 6:34pm :
Tota... Voisit pistää eri kitararaidat eri puolille, toinen vasemmalle, toinen oikeelle jne. Ois selkeempi. Ja nyt myös huomaa sen, että oot äänittäny osissa. Siinä on aina tauko nimittäin ennen kun lähtee uus osa. Joo, siinä lead kohdassa oli jotain Megadethin kuulost juttua, ainakin se mulle tuli mieleen. En hirveesti kuuntele tämmöstä musaa kylläkään.
Kiitoksia,mutta kyseinen tekele on tehty silloin kun alotin soittamisen,eli ainaski kolme vuotta vanha. :D

JazzAzz wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 9:07pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 at 12:19pm :
Of your crappy Harley Benton amp and guitar.

No way, marine. Maybe of my Gibson.

wwwnoobcom wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 9:52pm

Btw, you have some saxon tabs i noticed. If you ever post a tab for :"I've got to rock to stay alive" can you plz tell me. cuz the tab there is only the intro and not 100% exact.

1 2 3 read next »