Magero

Magero's Profile Comments

DeathArtillery wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 2:47am

crazysam23_Atax wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 4:52am

Magero wrote on Jun 4th, 2013 at 12:18am :
Hey man, uhm... jeez, really starting to lose my memory for deathcore in my old age, haha. Ascariasis and Substructure are both killer, A.I.(d) is awesome for a more glitch based approach, Shadow of the Colossus' self titled album is probably the heaviest thing on the face of the Earth, so get that as well, uhm... The HAARP Machine, The Korea, White Arms of Athena (but that's closer to BTBAM worship).... Fuck, brain's running out on me... The Schoenberg Automaton, oh and 7 Horns 7 Eyes for their atmosphere. See how that goes, man, hit me up if nothing works :P
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

crazysam23_Atax wrote on May 21st, 2013 12:01am

So, Morph recommend I ask you about Deathcore bands...

Mind recommending me some good, sort of technical/Prog-ish Deathcore? Other than bands like Fallujah and All Shall Perish, I realized I don't know too much about Deathcore.

Rauvounous wrote on Nov 17th, 2012 12:20pm

City of Ghosts rocks man!

Seyda wrote on Jul 29th, 2012 12:13pm

Fair enough, sorry for being random :P

Seyda wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 3:17am

Magero wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 1:54pm :
Haha, you're seriously asking about that, 3 years after it happened? Long story short, we decided that trying to keep up a long-distance relationship via the internet at age 16 was probably not the best option and went our seperate ways.

Fair enough, and haha I've been off the forum for 3-4 years what can I say!?

Seyda wrote on Jul 22nd, 2012 4:21pm

Whatever happened to you and that Alex girl?

webbtje wrote on Mar 3rd, 2012 1:19am

Totally took your UG profile 2012 virginity, feels fucking great

webbtje wrote on Mar 3rd, 2012 1:19am

yo brah i saw u got on metalblows or whatevs 4 slicetehcaek so congrats yeah

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/03/02/slice-the-cak e-slice-the-face/

etc etc

P1ayingW1thF1re wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 11:05pm

I have to read an excerpt from Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy for one of my classes, and some of the material is very pertinent to the discussion we had the other day. It's interesting stuff, so you may want to look into it. Granted, it's Nietzsche so very active reading is required and it's sort of a trying experience, but nonetheless!

Life Is Brutal wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 5:30pm

Thankz for liking teh Brootal Riffs. :haha:

Yeah, I'm shit at writing drums but I'm improving. Its more of a mock up, just to get an idea of what I want, and If these were to be recorded, all of the drums would have to be rewritten, although obviously certain ideas portrayed would remain, such as certain syncopation and accent themes central to the section.

For my Music 1501 Theory class, the professor suggested that everyone in the class write a few bars of music to get a hang of it, and I had already written shit loads of music. He asked if anyone would like to share their piece, so I was like "Hey, I've got this piece, can I play the MIDI file?" He was like "Sure!, that would be great", so I play the Avidity intro MIDI for the class.

No body says anything in particular about it when the professor asks what they thought, and I couldn't even get a thumbs up or even any NEGATIVE comments on it. I was like, "The Fuck?". :haha:

Life Is Brutal wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 7:03pm

Magero wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 6:28am :
Dude, I'm so sorry. I'll be honest, I did, and I did listen to a handful, and yes, I totally enjoyed them. But if you wanted to resend me those comps or anything new you wanted some opinions on, I'd be more than happy to give me thoughts/praise/scorn to make up for my laziness haha.

Haha, no problem man, I had almost completely forgot I sent you those. :haha:

Glad you liked them though, although I've probably made some large alterations to them since. But anyway, just an overall thumbs up on them was all I needed. And I think all the ones I've sent you are now complete and in my forum sig, so if you want to hear complete versions just check those out.

I wouldn't bother posting in the threads unless you have something completely unique to say, as it would be a seemingly random necrobump, and If the thread shows up at the top and more people crit it, I don't have the means to crit back at this time. :p:

EpiExplorer wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 10:22pm

Lovin The Ocean reference on your 'about magero' thingy.

Life Is Brutal wrote on Apr 17th, 2011 4:59am

Did you ever get my email with those comps? I haven't heard anything back yet.

Seth Shadows wrote on Mar 14th, 2011 3:14pm

Holy shit, like if you had the singer from Slice the Cake xD

Seth Shadows wrote on Mar 14th, 2011 3:09pm

Aeternitas could've made it dude, your vocalist just needed a bit more... support.

Shame dude.

hmmm_de_hum wrote on Mar 13th, 2011 6:31pm

Magero wrote on Mar 11th, 2011 at 12:44am :

Do want. Want. Do. Want want. Do want do. Want. etc. I've been trying to write some stuff in F/F# just so I can record with an 8 one day (got a few mates with Agile 8s and a mate with an RG2228), but I can't get my head around the lower tuning. I just end up writing deathcore in F and that makes the breakdowns sound like shiiiiit hahaha.

Yeah you do have to be very careful in how you utilise the lower range. (Un)Fortunately i'm finding myself using it for clean work outside of metal/rock rather than "chugging" off the low strings at the moment, really getting my head around just how many complex chord voicings are availible now.

If you liked the white 8 string, and if the new one turns out like i hope, they should make quite the pair!

hmmm_de_hum wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 8:23pm

Magero wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 12:27am :
Sorry to be all stalker-y dude, just couldn't resist looking at the gorgeous 8-string again.

That's ok dude, i will post a NGD thread when it's playmate is finished...

Meelad360 wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 11:00pm

Ah okay man, sorry to bother you.

Cheers : peace :

Meelad360 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2011 3:08am

No haha, I was thinking of the Sneap forum. I saw someone named GarethSE with a "Slice the Cake" banner in his sig, and I saw that you talked of "another forum" so I tried to put two and two together :P

1 2 3 4 5 6 read next